THURSDAY NIGHT'S GAME: Brown Paper Bags

• 43 replies
Re: THURSDAY NIGHT'S GAME: Brown Paper Bags
« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2010, 04:21:24 PM »
I wasn't sure if I was going to the game tonight but that chant is too perfect.

« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2010, 12:03:21 AM »
As promised, I did bring a brown paper bag (as boooooooooothe, because i also gave him a bunch of extra bags for the student section along with markers & scissors).

however, as also promised, i didnt wear the bag.  im just glad we WON.  i will be bringing said bag to the other sju games i attend this year, however.
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2010, 01:06:33 AM »
...Heck, I'm sure at least 1/3 of the roster would welcome it.  They want to win.
I’m sure you got this from the same source as PMG’s search committee rumor but…

Does that mean that 2/3 of the roster wants to lose?
As Yogi would say, “what does the other half want?"

...As promised, I did bring a brown paper bag (as boooooooooothe, because i also gave him a bunch of extra bags for the student section along with markers & scissors).

however, as also promised, i didnt wear the bag.  im just glad we WON.  i will be bringing said bag to the other sju games i attend this year, however.
I know what you promised, but since this is not an attack against the players, or at least not against the 1/3 of the team who wants a new coach (see above), why exactly didn’t you put a bag over it?

Does this signal that Norm doesn’t suck?
Do you want Norm extended for another five years?
The team won, but Norm still coached them.

I’m confused with your indecision to make a decision.

« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2010, 09:22:04 AM »
I didn't want to become a sideshow in a game that we were winning or had a chance to win.  I still think Norm sucks and I still want him gone.  It's about showing respect for the players during the game at hand and not being a distraction.  Unlike some fans, I'm still rooting for this team to win even though I want the coach fired. 

As I said, if it came down to a situation where the game was already lost, it wouldn't matter because the players had already lost it.  I would wear the bag.
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap