@ #1 Villanova Game Discussion

• 46 replies

Poison

Re: @ #1 Villanova Game Discussion
« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2016, 11:48:53 AM »
Yea I would not be surprised if Mussini went back to Italy to make some money. If his minutes are dwelling on this current roster . How in the world is he going to play next year. Love the kid hope he stays but it is not like he is playing for Columbia where in 4 years he graduatea with an Ivy league education and would probably be one of the better players in the Ivy league. Opportunity cost is not worth it at SJU, if he has a pro contract in Europe waiting for him.
Not a knock, real question. Someone is going to pay him money to play basketball? How much? St. John's education isn't Ivy but it is worth something . I do ok. I can't imagine someone paying mussini a lot of money to play basketball.

It's worth something. That's true. A college degree is better than no college. Mussini can learn from this year. It's on the staff to show him what he should work on this summer. They need to agree on that. 

Foad

« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2016, 11:52:14 AM »
Yea I would not be surprised if Mussini went back to Italy to make some money. If his minutes are dwelling on this current roster . How in the world is he going to play next year. Love the kid hope he stays but it is not like he is playing for Columbia where in 4 years he graduatea with an Ivy league education and would probably be one of the better players in the Ivy league. Opportunity cost is not worth it at SJU, if he has a pro contract in Europe waiting for him.
Not a knock, real question. Someone is going to pay him money to play basketball? How much? St. John's education isn't Ivy but it is worth something . I do ok. I can't imagine someone paying mussini a lot of money to play basketball.

It is very strange. You read this

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federico_Mussini

and he sounds like Michael Jordan. All this, MVP of that, averaged 22 points here, shot 50 percent from three there. Unless he was playing in the Lollipop Kids league it seems hard to believe.

« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2016, 01:40:08 PM »
Give up much?

« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2016, 03:07:53 PM »
The Italian professional leagues are not going away.  He can be a pro in his native country whenever he wants, where the number of foreign players is limited.  He will only be a better player for the experience of having played against the more physically gifted guards in the BE.

Hope he stays another year or two here, at least, and gets the chance to play with real point guards.  He hasn't forgotten how to shoot: he's just physically worn down and lacking in confidence at the moment.

« Reply #44 on: February 14, 2016, 05:39:35 PM »
The Italian professional leagues are not going away.  He can be a pro in his native country whenever he wants, where the number of foreign players is limited.  He will only be a better player for the experience of having played against the more physically gifted guards in the BE.

Hope he stays another year or two here, at least, and gets the chance to play with real point guards.  He hasn't forgotten how to shoot: he's just physically worn down and lacking in confidence at the moment.
  +1  and mentally as well

Marillac

« Reply #45 on: February 14, 2016, 07:08:00 PM »

He's got a 15 -year career waiting for him in Europe.  Most of the leagues there cap foreigners at 2 or 3 per team.  I had a friend that was a good D-3 player and dual US-Italian citizen that grew up exclusively in NY, and the kid played a very long time making six-figures because of that citizenship. Mussini is much better and he'll be better off later in his career for the way his game will grow facing American competition.  It will also make him far more marketable to pro leagues in Italy.

Stop Mussini, beat St. John's.   He's literally the only player that can beat you if he gets hot.  He'll be exponentially better off next yea with 15 pounds of muscle, offseason work on quickness and explosion, and guys like Lovett, Ahmed, Ponds, and RF to spread the floor and stress the defense.  Come off Moose to help on the tazmanian devil Lovett and give him an open jumper or allow Lovett to embarrass his defender one-on-one.  Defenders don't have to make those decisions this year. 

TONYD3

« Reply #46 on: February 14, 2016, 07:22:10 PM »
Thanks marallic for explaining the European league a little. If that is accurate and he can make 100,000. He should leave.