Roster updates

• 244 replies

Poison

Re: Roster updates
« Reply #60 on: April 21, 2015, 07:50:30 PM »
Who was Malik Stith better than? I remember him being awful.
He did have a good game or two, but so did Phil Missere.
Heath Orvis?

Stith wasn't that bad
He was a backup player
He should have never been counted on for more than that

He was overmatched at all times

hnk

« Reply #61 on: April 21, 2015, 07:52:40 PM »
Hope it's to make room for Cheick

« Reply #62 on: April 21, 2015, 07:54:42 PM »
Makes sense. Not a Mullin style of big and the staff was recruiting over him.  Best of luck to the Delarosas

hnk

« Reply #63 on: April 21, 2015, 07:57:12 PM »
USF?

MCNPA

« Reply #64 on: April 21, 2015, 08:01:48 PM »
Roster is really turning upside down.  Makes a lot of room for new blood. 

« Reply #65 on: April 21, 2015, 08:05:00 PM »
Hope it's to make room for Cheick

Your lips to God's ears...

BTW-Can you call it a transfer when you never were eligible and weren't even on scholarship????

paultzman

« Reply #66 on: April 21, 2015, 08:07:03 PM »

Stating the obvious, but this staff has a plan. They may hit some bumps in the road, but we're on our way to being a consistently solid program

« Reply #67 on: April 21, 2015, 08:15:11 PM »
Agreed.  Wings who have some size and can shoot.  Guards who can handle the ball and score.  Bigs who are long and athletic with upside.  Felix doesn't fit into any of those molds but query whether this staff can get more out of him with his ridiculous athleticism.  Not sure what Jones is going to do, as he fits into any of those either, though because of the reasons previously stated I think he will be here.

Marillac

« Reply #68 on: April 21, 2015, 08:16:55 PM »
So much for keeping the best city kids in the city.  I kid, I kid :)

Sad to see Adonis go.  He seems like a good kid and I think he could be a good player if he keeps his weight down....very skilled.  He doesn't seem to fit what is being built here and Alibegovic, Owens, Sima, and Williams are a pretty talented group going forward.  I can't imagine Jones sticks around for much longer, as he also doesn't seem to fit into the plan.

MCNPA

« Reply #69 on: April 21, 2015, 08:17:06 PM »

Stating the obvious, but this staff has a plan. They may hit some bumps in the road, but we're on our way to being a consistently solid program

I can see that.  They're making tons of moves right off the bat.  Recruiting different style of players totally and guys that don't fit well like Adonis are transferring.  Both forwards we just grabbed can shoot well, and we grabbed a big and pretty well rounded center.  I like the type of guys they are going after so far and balancing out roster from day 1.  The bumps in the road are mainly that this roster is almost bare except for 3-4 guys, and they got a very late recruiting start.  I have very little concern about our trajectory at this point thoigh. 

« Reply #70 on: April 21, 2015, 08:19:40 PM »
I can't imagine Jones sticks around for much longer, as he also doesn't seem to fit into the plan.

Just can't imagine a player comfortable with having to Redshirt a season...again.

« Reply #71 on: April 21, 2015, 08:21:00 PM »
Felix doesn't fit into any of those molds but query whether this staff can get more out of him with his ridiculous athleticism.

I feel like there's some untapped potential in Balamou that we haven't seen. Unfortunately, this is his Senior season. He should be able to provide plenty on the defensive end.

Marillac

« Reply #72 on: April 21, 2015, 08:22:55 PM »
I can't imagine Jones sticks around for much longer, as he also doesn't seem to fit into the plan.

Just can't imagine a player comfortable with having to Redshirt a season...again.

He won't if he goes D-2.  He could even bust his butt to graduate and finish at the D-1 of his choosing as a grad transfer after a year at say a CW Post.

Darrien Williams and Amar Alibegovic take him out of the equation entirely and there will certainly be additions.

hnk

« Reply #73 on: April 21, 2015, 08:22:56 PM »
He's also one of Cheick's best friends.

Marillac

« Reply #74 on: April 21, 2015, 08:24:55 PM »
Felix doesn't fit into any of those molds but query whether this staff can get more out of him with his ridiculous athleticism.

I feel like there's some untapped potential in Balamou that we haven't seen. Unfortunately, this is his Senior season. He should be able to provide plenty on the defensive end.

I think Felix will ultimately get that year back.  Nearly every team can use a player like Felix, and I think this staff is better suited to tap into his  potential.  I wouldn't be shocked to see him really step up after being behind Dom his whole career.

« Reply #75 on: April 21, 2015, 08:28:37 PM »

He won't if he goes D-2.  He could even bust his butt to graduate and finish at the D-1 of his choosing as a grad transfer after a year at say a CW Post.

Darrien Williams and Amar Alibegovic take him out of the equation entirely and there will certainly be additions.

How often do you see that with a player who plays in a high level conference, even though he didn't get much burn? It would most likely be a low D1 school if anything. But I do agree in regards to him being out of the equation.

« Reply #76 on: April 21, 2015, 08:29:42 PM »

I think Felix will ultimately get that year back.  Nearly every team can use a player like Felix, and I think this staff is better suited to tap into his  potential.  I wouldn't be shocked to see him really step up after being behind Dom his whole career.

Agreed. As far as athleticism is concerned, he is absolutely up there with anyone on the current roster.

MCNPA

« Reply #77 on: April 21, 2015, 08:29:51 PM »

Agree.  He should stay. He can play here just needs to add some offense.

« Reply #78 on: April 21, 2015, 09:04:31 PM »
@AdamZagoria: Freshman 7-Footer Adonis De La Rosa to Transfer from St. John's (UPDATED) http://t.co/lqnVDD619K @joshua_newman

He should go6 to Manhattan College
Good fit. Mas will get him in shape - lol

sju89tr

« Reply #79 on: April 21, 2015, 09:22:01 PM »
I like Felix but on the court he has regressed since he was a freshman. I think the scarcity of playing time did that to him. The redshirt idea was a fiasco. I hope he gets the year back. I hope he can play solid minutes and will be useful as a senior.