Orlando Sanchez makes national team

• 32 replies

paultzman

Orlando Sanchez makes national team
« on: August 21, 2014, 06:48:52 PM »
@SJUCoachLavin: Proud of @orlandito0933, getting his chance with the Dominican Republic National Team. #SJUBB @TheGarden http://t.co/8TXGUar8t7

Re: Orlando Sanchez makes national team
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2014, 09:22:04 PM »
Sanchez played 6:30 and had two rebounds and two fouls against Team USA.

Marillac

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2014, 02:39:33 AM »
Sanchez played 6:30 and had two rebounds and two fouls against Team USA.

Two fouls in six minutes...definitely sounds like Sanchez.

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2014, 07:54:11 AM »
He was a decent player for us.  What killed him in our eyes was when the BS Utah Jazz hype turned out to be more like the Utah Jizz. 

Marillac

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2014, 03:30:11 PM »
He was a decent player for us.  What killed him in our eyes was when the BS Utah Jazz hype turned out to be more like the Utah Jizz. 

He was the worst defender to ever wear a St. John's uniform and he didn't do nearly enough on offense to make up for that. 

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2014, 03:32:28 PM »

He was the worst defender to ever wear a St. John's uniform and he didn't do nearly enough on offense to make up for that. 

Surely, you are forgetting Avery Patterson!

redslope

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2014, 03:58:46 PM »
Orlando made the Dominican national team for FIBA championships--congrats O

desco80

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2014, 04:12:51 PM »

You have a warped memory my friend.   

No one is saying Sanchez and Sampson were perfect, but you've blown their flaws way out of proportion. 

Poison

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2014, 06:17:05 PM »

No one is saying Sanchez and Sampson were perfect, but you've blown their flaws way out of proportion. 

Sanchez played d like he was a 20 year NBA veteran who could barely drag himself up and down court. But he wasn't afraid to get in there and rebound, and he knew how to move the ball. Samspon's man to man defense is the reason we beat Creighton, and the reason we almost beat them in Omaha. His biggest problem on d, was that he wasn't paying attention to the assignment.

The worst defender that I've seen at STJ is Avery Patterson. He was so bad that Matt Brust was screaming at him to hustle during the Duke game.

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2014, 08:41:49 PM »

Sanchez played d like he was a 20 year NBA veteran who could barely drag himself up and down court. But he wasn't afraid to get in there and rebound, and he knew how to move the ball. Samspon's man to man defense is the reason we beat Creighton, and the reason we almost beat them in Omaha. His biggest problem on d, was that he wasn't paying attention to the assignment.

The worst defender that I've seen at STJ is Avery Patterson. He was so bad that Matt Brust was screaming at him to hustle during the Duke game.

A big part of defense is rebounding. Strangely enough, Patterson was one of the best rebounding guards ive seen at St. Johns.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Foad

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2014, 09:20:26 PM »
Patterson was one of the best rebounding guards ive seen at St. Johns.

That's terrible news. What year did you go blind?

Poison

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2014, 09:36:11 PM »

A big part of defense is rebounding. Strangely enough, Patterson was one of the best rebounding guards ive seen at St. Johns.

When Duke is up by 30, and there are 2:00 minutes left in the game, they aren't even bothering to rebound, but that was Avery Patterson's time to shine.

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2014, 10:02:58 PM »
Patterson was one of the best rebounding guards ive seen at St. Johns.

That's terrible news. What year did you go blind?

I'm in my early twenties. In the last ten years two guards have averaged more rebounds than Patterson did. Dlo and Geno. Thank you for your concern though.

« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2014, 10:04:57 PM »

When Duke is up by 30, and there are 2:00 minutes left in the game, they aren't even bothering to rebound, but that was Avery Patterson's time to shine.

Hes also the reason we have one win against syracuse in the last ten years.

TONYD3

« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2014, 10:57:51 PM »
^^^^^ He is not the only one who sticks up for Avery patterson.

desco80

« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2014, 11:13:29 PM »
If you had to pick which topic more words have been wasted on, in comparison to the player/topic's impact on sju, would it be
1) Lance
2) kyle Anderson
3) Avery Patterson
4) D'Angelo facial expressions during timeouts

For me it's got to be patterson.   For the amount of times we talk about him you would think he was an all American or led a clutch performance in the postseason.

Poison

« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2014, 02:09:05 AM »

Hes also the reason we have one win against syracuse in the last ten years.

Elijah Ingram once led us to one of our 6 wins on the season vs UCLA ;)

Foad

« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2014, 04:58:02 AM »
In the last ten years two guards have averaged more rebounds than Patterson did. Dlo and Geno.

Um, no. Nurideen Lindsey averaged nearly 5 rebounds a game. DJ Kennedy averaged 5 plus 4 times. Andre Stanley averaged 5 plus. Elijah Ingram averaged 3.7, same as Patterson, who wasn't even the best rebounding guard on his team.

« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2014, 06:48:49 AM »
In the last ten years two guards have averaged more rebounds than Patterson did. Dlo and Geno.

Um, no. Nurideen Lindsey averaged nearly 5 rebounds a game. DJ Kennedy averaged 5 plus 4 times. Andre Stanley averaged 5 plus. Elijah Ingram averaged 3.7, same as Patterson, who wasn't even the best rebounding guard on his team.

DJ was a forward, Stanley was 11 seasons ago, Ingram was 11 years ago, Lindsey played in 11 games.

Foad

« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2014, 07:12:58 AM »

DJ was a forward, Stanley was 11 seasons ago, Ingram was 11 years ago, Lindsey played in 11 games.

Stanley and Ingram played in 2004, this is 2014, that's 10 years, maybe your glaucoma has effected you math skills. Kennedy was a G/F who started at the 2 his senior year (http://espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=310032599) and I don't care how many games Lindsey played.