Josh Cunningham - PF - Morgan Park HS - Chicago, IL - BRADLEY

• 290 replies
Re: Re: Re: Josh Cunningham - PF - Morgan Park HS - Chicago, IL
« Reply #180 on: April 26, 2014, 12:52:23 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akprtQOlzMo

another video that shows more of his outside game.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #181 on: April 26, 2014, 01:00:04 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtXywffuL5o

Another one that I dont think has been posted.

« Reply #182 on: April 26, 2014, 01:00:16 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65yx_IA8OXE#t=222

This is my favorite video ive seen of him, its his state championship game from his senior year. On three or four occasions he goes out of his area to steal rebounds away. He looks to block out before pursuing the ball, and his first reaction is to give it up to a guard which would be a welcomed change. Good form on his FT and a real solid athlete with a solid frame that could add muscle.

Wow love the effort from him in that video.

LoganK

« Reply #183 on: April 26, 2014, 05:35:17 PM »
Logan/Marco let's keep this about Cunningham

I know.  My apologies (which in my defense I included in the off-topic post :p).

I think Thomas is the biggest need to be filled.  If we get Thomas, we SHOULD be an NCAA team (I feel like i've heard/said that before).  Cunningham would be a nice piece, but isn't as important in my eyes (even though he's the more highly rated player) to the immediate needs of the team.  I think his biggest help would be balancing the classes and keeping talent on our team over the next few years.  Obviously I'm not exactly a recruiting expert and could be way off-base on this, but based off of what I've heard/seen, that's the way I see it.

How can any of us know which one of Thomas or Cunningham would help us more? If you're picturing Thomas as the next Lamont Middleton or Charles Minlend, I am too. Have at it, but it's almost May, and this is our most glorious part of the season.

Just know that it's our imaginations that have created these comparisons. IDK where, if at all how the case can be made that these dreams could in some way be based in reality.

You're right.  We don't know for sure.  But this is the offseason, which means it's time to speculate.  Based off of what I've gathered from people who have seen them play much more than I have (as well as looking at the stats), I think Thomas' rebounding is a bigger asset to us than someone has been described as more of a 3/4 scorer.  Will it play out that way?  Hopefully we get to find out.

« Reply #184 on: April 26, 2014, 09:59:42 PM »
Back to Josh Cunningham.  Indiana landed a 6-9 kid today, Tim Priller, putting IU at 12 scholarships.  Something tells me they don't think they are a player for Cunningham anymore:

http://www.insidethehall.com/scholarship-numbers/

MCNPA

« Reply #185 on: April 26, 2014, 10:10:32 PM »
Back to Josh Cunningham.  Indiana landed a 6-9 kid today, Tim Priller, putting IU at 12 scholarships.  Something tells me they don't think they are a player for Cunningham anymore:

http://www.insidethehall.com/scholarship-numbers/

Really hope we land the kid.  Seems like he has a nice ceiling, excellent athleticism and is a budding wing with a good motor. 
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 10:11:04 PM by MCNPA »

sju89tr

Re: Josh Cunningham - PF - Morgan Park HS - Chicago, IL
« Reply #186 on: April 27, 2014, 11:17:27 AM »
Go to land Cunningham and Thomas at this point
I think that would be enough to get through the year although another big and shooter would be useful 

« Reply #187 on: April 27, 2014, 04:01:58 PM »
I think that would be enough to get through the year although another big and shooter would be useful 

Think we will still need a shooter

« Reply #188 on: April 27, 2014, 08:32:27 PM »
Will announce his decision on Tuesday at 3PM (which I figure is CST which means 4 PM NY time) at his HS:

Joshua Cunningham ‏@JoshMCunningham  · 10m 
I will be announcing what school I will be attending on Tuesday at 3 PM at Morgan Park high school. @NICKIRV

« Reply #189 on: April 27, 2014, 08:39:27 PM »
Should  be an interesting week

Foad

« Reply #190 on: April 27, 2014, 09:10:45 PM »

Think we will still need a shooter

Phil Greene shoots 40 percent from three. Who do you think will come in and do better than that?

wpc77

« Reply #191 on: April 28, 2014, 09:51:38 AM »
Indiana is not on the kid anymore.  They were his top choice for a long time, until February or so.  He wants to play the 3 in college.  He will either stay local (Bradley), or go to SJU or South Carolina.  Given the turmoil in South Carolina, and JaKarr and Harkless' performances while at SJU, I would think he picks SJU over the local choice.  Hopefully he can develop into a wing like he wants, and understand that it will take - i.e., not bolt when things aren't going as quick as he wants them to, like Polee.

« Reply #192 on: April 28, 2014, 11:28:31 AM »
Fellow Chicago boy.

I know the rule is stupid and almost entirely impossible to enforce but technically if you are considered even LOOSELY a booster of a school you should not be making contact with a unsigned recruit even over social media.

« Reply #193 on: April 28, 2014, 02:12:45 PM »
@philgreene31: All the fans show @JoshMCunningham some love #SJUBB #UnfinishedBusiness

Cant be a bad sign

MCNPA

« Reply #194 on: April 28, 2014, 02:57:48 PM »
@philgreene31: All the fans show @JoshMCunningham some love #SJUBB #UnfinishedBusiness

Cant be a bad sign

Assuming Phil prob knows him or at least his circles.  He wants to be a wing and imo, he looks more like a wing than a PF.  He does seem to like to work the glass as well though which is great.  Lavin can afford to give him a shot as a wing next year without a problem because right now our only wing is Pointer who is totally different with no jump shooting game and is not real good on the glass.

« Reply #195 on: April 28, 2014, 03:20:18 PM »

Cant be a bad sign

Assuming Phil prob knows him or at least his circles.  He wants to be a wing and imo, he looks more like a wing than a PF.  He does seem to like to work the glass as well though which is great.  Lavin can afford to give him a shot as a wing next year without a problem because right now our only wing is Pointer who is totally different with no jump shooting game and is not real good on the glass.
Both Thomas and Cunningham are perfect fits, let's hope we get both. One a PF rebounder the other a SF who sight unseen you would think has to have a better outside shot than Dom who can still help us in other ways.

paultzman

« Reply #196 on: April 28, 2014, 03:22:38 PM »
Fwiw, don't disregard DePaul in this one.

QuanMan

« Reply #197 on: April 28, 2014, 03:26:36 PM »
That tweet was deleted, maybe there's already some inside info and they don't want any leaks?
Section 3
Section 116

« Reply #198 on: April 28, 2014, 03:43:49 PM »
Fwiw, don't disregard DePaul in this one.
I was thinking that also.  Irvin and the Garrett's seem tight.

paultzman

« Reply #199 on: April 28, 2014, 04:27:10 PM »