Myles Turner - C - Trinity High School - Euless, TX

• 41 replies

crgreen

Re: Myles Turner - C - Trinity High School - Euless, TX
« Reply #40 on: July 07, 2013, 09:19:23 AM »
I know were not in it but he's cutting it down to 10 at the end of the month. Gotta research the 26 schools on his list. I thought that kid Anya had a ridiculously long list. But I think Myles beat him.

3d

Myles Turner ? @Original_Turner

@ReggieRankin has my updated list of 26 will trim to about 10 schools at the end of this month taking this time to do research

?View location ?· ? ?? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

Turner is a very unique case.   4 months ago he was a virtual unknown - completely unranked.  These guys you're comparing him to for "size of lists" have had multiple years to pare down THEIR selections.  This is a kid who's   almost literally JUST started his recruiting - per EVERY site I can find, he didn't have a SINGLE D-1 offer until March of THIS year.  He NOW has 37 (Arkansas offered TODAY).   That he's already paring down to only 10 is actually remarkable - there's been virtually NO time for unofficial visits, getting to know coaches and staffs.  Heck, he's still tryng to figure out what HIS level actually IS.

All true.  But it doesn't explain having Kentucky, UT-Arlington, Stanford, Oklahoma State, Oregon, Miami, and UCoNN on your list.  Those schools have nothing in common.   Even 8th graders have a relative idea of what kindve school they like. 
He had schools from all 4 corners of the country, from the Sun Belt to the ACC, from middle of nowhere Kansas State to urban schools like Geprgetown, and schools with minimum academic requirements to institutions loke Stanford and Duke. 
That's not being undecided, that's BSing everyone. 

Which, whatever, that's his right.  Coaches obviously spew nonsense to him.  But, he's not really considering all those schools.  Can't be.

I believe ut Arlington was his first offer

Per the sites that date the offers, Arlington is actually one of the late comers in terms of offers - the formal offer came 2 weeks ago.  But....if you look at a map, Arlington is 9 miles from Euless, Texas - UT-Arlington is his hometown school.  I have no idea what the kid or his family is like - but if mom and dad wanted him to stay home to play college hoops, Arlington is the school he'd go to.   Gotta remember, this kid hasn't had the entourage, the agents, the promises, the hero worship that most top 5 players have had since they were in middle school.   And those trying to fill that bill NOW are likely being looked at with suspicion by whatever support group (parents, teachers, coaches, counselors) who've BEEN with him. 

gman

Re: Myles Turner - C - Trinity High School - Euless, TX
« Reply #41 on: July 07, 2013, 01:29:30 PM »
I know were not in it but he's cutting it down to 10 at the end of the month. Gotta research the 26 schools on his list. I thought that kid Anya had a ridiculously long list. But I think Myles beat him.

3d

Myles Turner ? @Original_Turner

@ReggieRankin has my updated list of 26 will trim to about 10 schools at the end of this month taking this time to do research

?View location ?· ? ?? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

Turner is a very unique case.   4 months ago he was a virtual unknown - completely unranked.  These guys you're comparing him to for "size of lists" have had multiple years to pare down THEIR selections.  This is a kid who's   almost literally JUST started his recruiting - per EVERY site I can find, he didn't have a SINGLE D-1 offer until March of THIS year.  He NOW has 37 (Arkansas offered TODAY).   That he's already paring down to only 10 is actually remarkable - there's been virtually NO time for unofficial visits, getting to know coaches and staffs.  Heck, he's still tryng to figure out what HIS level actually IS.

All true.  But it doesn't explain having Kentucky, UT-Arlington, Stanford, Oklahoma State, Oregon, Miami, and UCoNN on your list.  Those schools have nothing in common.   Even 8th graders have a relative idea of what kindve school they like. 
He had schools from all 4 corners of the country, from the Sun Belt to the ACC, from middle of nowhere Kansas State to urban schools like Geprgetown, and schools with minimum academic requirements to institutions loke Stanford and Duke. 
That's not being undecided, that's BSing everyone. 

Which, whatever, that's his right.  Coaches obviously spew nonsense to him.  But, he's not really considering all those schools.  Can't be.

I believe ut Arlington was his first offer

Per the sites that date the offers, Arlington is actually one of the late comers in terms of offers - the formal offer came 2 weeks ago.  But....if you look at a map, Arlington is 9 miles from Euless, Texas - UT-Arlington is his hometown school.  I have no idea what the kid or his family is like - but if mom and dad wanted him to stay home to play college hoops, Arlington is the school he'd go to.   Gotta remember, this kid hasn't had the entourage, the agents, the promises, the hero worship that most top 5 players have had since they were in middle school.   And those trying to fill that bill NOW are likely being looked at with suspicion by whatever support group (parents, teachers, coaches, counselors) who've BEEN with him.

They may have been late To offer but I thought I read hike say they have been around the longest