Rawle Alkins - SG - Word of God - ARIZONA

• 1011 replies

Marillac

Re: Rawle Alkins
« Reply #680 on: February 10, 2016, 02:48:16 AM »
What is zach b's deal?

I'll take a stab at this one.  Likely some combination of the following: 

small penis, the disappoint that sets in when he realizes he has to stalk and suck up to teens for scoops, he's tired of people mistaking him for Jared Fogle--it was cool a few years ago when he scored some free meatball marinara foot longs but not so much after the recent events, covering athletes in their primes serves as a perpetual reminder of his shortcomings in both physical appearance and physical talent, his hairline is retreating faster than him during a physical confrontation in high school, he's pissed about always sounding like he has a clothespin clamped on his nose when he talks, and no, Google, he doesn't intend on searching "how to get rid of man boobs" every time he starts a search with "ho". 

Or maybe it's as simple as starting fights behind a keyboard with people that could tear him limb from limb in person but that he knows can't respond without causing serious harm to their future makes him feel as alive as he did as a kid when he would yell insults to his peers and then run in his house and lock the door?

paultzman

« Reply #681 on: February 10, 2016, 06:28:32 AM »
My sense is this incident aside, Rawle won't be coming here & with all the eligibility concerns, I am quite ok moving on.

wpc77

« Reply #682 on: February 10, 2016, 08:26:17 AM »
My sense is this incident aside, Rawle won't be coming here & with all the eligibility concerns, I am quite ok moving on.

+1

pmg911

« Reply #683 on: February 10, 2016, 09:13:46 AM »
What is zach b's deal?

small penis, the disappoint that sets in when he realizes he has to stalk and suck up to teens for scoops, he's tired of people mistaking him for Jared Fogle--it was cool a few years ago when he scored some free meatball marinara foot longs but not so much after the recent events, covering athletes in their primes serves as a perpetual reminder of his shortcomings in both physical appearance and physical talent, his hairline is retreating faster than him during a physical confrontation in high school, he's pissed about always sounding like he has a clothespin clamped on his nose when he talks, and no, Google, he doesn't intend on searching "how to get rid of man boobs" every time he starts a search with "ho". 

Or maybe it's as simple as starting fights behind a keyboard with people that could tear him limb from limb in person but that he knows can't respond without causing serious harm to their future makes him feel as alive as he did as a kid when he would yell insults to his peers and then run in his house and lock the door?

This sounds just like a few posters from the SJU community (JJ & RM.com)..

Stalk all over kids Twitter accts, watch their every move and then rip them apart when something not positive for SJU happens - then have loud & brave mouths at the keyboard and say things they would NEVER say to another posters face.

« Reply #684 on: February 10, 2016, 09:51:41 AM »
Yeah I figure the staff will back off. I mean this staff doesn't have to recruit players with eligibility concerns.

« Reply #685 on: February 10, 2016, 11:25:47 AM »
PMG that is no different than the posters on any message boards, college hoops, sports-related, or otherwise. 

What is zach b's deal?

Stalk all over kids Twitter accts, watch their every move and then rip them apart when something not positive for SJU happens - then have loud & brave mouths at the keyboard and say things they would NEVER say to another posters face.

« Reply #686 on: February 10, 2016, 11:49:03 AM »
In contrast to his viciously adversarial relationship with Lavin, Zach B has been practically a fanboy since CM and staff took over. Has given us tons of positive press in an otherwise dreadful year on the court.  That said, it's unprofessional of him to get in a twitter war with an 18 year old potential recruit and his family, and it certainly doesn't help the staff reel in Rawle if the guy who covers the team for the  NY Post is seen as smearing him and engaging in personal attacks.  Someone on staff needs to have a talk with Zach B. immediately.

Maybe the rumors re. Rawle's eligibility are out there, but Zach crossed a line here and needs to apologize to Rawle and family.

« Reply #687 on: February 10, 2016, 12:09:29 PM »

+1

Concur.

« Reply #688 on: February 10, 2016, 12:09:59 PM »
What is zach b's deal?

Agree.

desco80

« Reply #689 on: February 10, 2016, 12:20:59 PM »
Zach didn't need to touch on any of this.

But did he say anything that wasn't true?  The f-ing system is broken.   
Sure zach was petty, and media like him exacerbate the problem.   Players aren't innocent in this.  Fans stalk kids on twitter.   Coaches are only out for themselves.    and agents and shoe companies prey on these kids.

But all these forces are set in motion by the NCAA's stupid freaking rules.   They create an underground market for these players' services.   

I love college basketball.   But we are the only country in the world that attaches amateur athletics with secondary education.   
If Rawle played hockey in canada or soccer overseas, or even baseball here to an extent ... he would go pro and that would be the end of it.   Sign whatever contract you want with Nike.   Don't want to go to class?  OK.   The Cinnicnnatti Redbirds couldn't care less what you did in HS.    And the media wouldn't be dingle berries hanging from his ass hair everywhere he went.   Because his future would be obvious.. workout in the minors until you're ready for the bigs.  Then we'll start caring about you more intensely.

SJU79

« Reply #690 on: February 10, 2016, 12:21:03 PM »
†his is a bad and really unfortunate situation in more than one level 

pmg911

« Reply #691 on: February 10, 2016, 12:47:51 PM »

I love college basketball.   But we are the only country in the world that attaches amateur athletics with secondary education.   

Secondary Education is high school, not college...

The kids today don't have to go to college - they can take their chances in Europe, try the League or sit out and work out. Going to college on an athletic scholarship is not their right and whether we think the system is broken or not, it's a privilege that comes with some requirements

Tha Kid

« Reply #692 on: February 10, 2016, 01:06:41 PM »
Could this incident have any effect on Zach B's job or is this not an issue as far as the Post would be concerned?  Seems like he went way over the line here and can't imagine even the Post is thrilled about that when it relates to a high school athlete...
"I drink and I know things"

Tha Kid

« Reply #693 on: February 10, 2016, 02:33:08 PM »
With the new heading, I implore WASJU to do a Marillac v. Braziller tale of the tape...stat!
"I drink and I know things"

Marillac

« Reply #694 on: February 10, 2016, 02:58:36 PM »
Could this incident have any effect on Zach B's job or is this not an issue as far as the Post would be concerned?  Seems like he went way over the line here and can't imagine even the Post is thrilled about that when it relates to a high school athlete...

He really did go way too far. We've seen so many talented players in this area have their lives ruined by the NCAA and/or making the wrong choice about when to declare. Publicly accusing Alkins pretty much forces the NCAA to at least sniff around.  He's a journalist and not just a poster.

The irony is that he killed Lavin at every opportunity for not recruiting Alkins. I doubt we'll see an apology for that or hit this if he's wrong. No NYC kid or coach should ever speak to Zach after this.

Marillac

« Reply #695 on: February 10, 2016, 04:13:21 PM »
Where did the marillac v. braziller thread go?
That nasally pedofile-looking Magic the Gathering f*ck talked himself  into something I'm not going to let him out of.  He wants to be an intermet gangster then he needs to face the consequences.  I'll come up from Florida if he signs a waiver and knows in advance I'm 235 and jacked  because I'm not going to travel all that way just for him to  sh*t his  pants when be sees me and realizes his karate  lessons as a nerdy fourth grader are useless. And he has to agree to it being taped so I can send it to Rawle and Lavin and post it on JJ. And no gloves. You leave this somewhere conspicuous on the site nap everyone can see what a p*ssy he is and if he wants out he has to get on his puffy fat-rolled knee caps and apologize to me, Rawle, and Lavin and change his Twitter photo to Jared from subway.

« Reply #696 on: February 10, 2016, 04:31:26 PM »
Does Zach post on this site?  What is his name?

paultzman

« Reply #697 on: February 10, 2016, 04:32:34 PM »
Does Zach post on this site?  What is his name?

Guess he is not Marillac. :)

goredmen

« Reply #698 on: February 10, 2016, 05:01:16 PM »

He really did go way too far. We've seen so many talented players in this area have their lives ruined by the NCAA and/or making the wrong choice about when to declare. Publicly accusing Alkins pretty much forces the NCAA to at least sniff around.  He's a journalist and not just a poster.

The irony is that he killed Lavin at every opportunity for not recruiting Alkins. I doubt we'll see an apology for that or hit this if he's wrong. No NYC kid or coach should ever speak to Zach after this.

No NYC kid or coach should have ever talked to that idiot for some of the crap he's pulled in the past

paultzman

« Reply #699 on: February 10, 2016, 05:11:53 PM »

Right or wrong, most coaches will not do what you suggest. He is the only game in town & those coaches will always cherish attention.