Temple Gibbs - PG - Seton Hall Prep - NOTRE DAME

• 76 replies

pmg911

Temple Gibbs - PG - Seton Hall Prep - NOTRE DAME
« on: June 05, 2014, 10:23:45 AM »
Just saw him listed #39 on ESPN 60 for 2016...  anyone have more information.?

I saw him once last year and he left no impression..
« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 11:26:35 PM by Moose »

Poison

Re: Temple Gibbs - PG - Seton Hall Prep
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2014, 10:52:13 AM »

Maybe he didn't leave an impression because he was 12?

pmg911

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2014, 11:32:05 AM »

Maybe he didn't leave an impression because he was 12?

Funny but he will be Junior next year...
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 11:32:40 AM by pmg911 »

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2014, 02:42:26 PM »
Same family?
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

pmg911

paultzman

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2014, 03:23:43 PM »
@ASlater247: Temple Gibbs will visit #Temple on 8/11, #Rutgers on 8/12, St. John's on 8/19 & USF in 2 weeks. Recruited hardest by Oklahoma, UVA, USF & VT

paultzman

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2014, 09:29:49 PM »
@HarrisonMalkin: Seton Hall Preparatory School PG Temple Gibbs (@Tempppp12) told me that USF, Miami, VT & Seton Hall are recruiting him the hardest.

paultzman

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2014, 12:19:11 PM »
@AdamZagoria: Rutgers asst Mike O'Koren and Providence asst Bob Simon will watch 2016 Seton Hall Prep / Playaz G T.J. Gibbs tomorrow

paultzman

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2014, 02:06:33 PM »
Good;

@AdamZagoria: St. John's coach Steve Lavin will watch 2016 Playaz/Seton Hall Prep G T.J. Gibbs today

paultzman

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2014, 12:23:06 PM »
SJU offered Gibbs today

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2014, 03:45:30 PM »
Temple says SJU is now at the top of his list:

On Saturday, as part of University Service Day, the Red Storm men's and women's basketball programs held their fourth annual Dribble for the Cure event to raise funds and awareness for pediatric cancer research. Gibbs said, on an invitation from St. John's men's basketball head coach Steve Lavin, he took an unofficial visit to the Queens, N.Y. campus.

"I met with Coach Lavin and the whole coaching staff," Gibbs told RedStormReport.com. "I got to walk around a little bit, saw a little bit of the campus -- it was a great time. I really liked it. I love the atmosphere. It was really family-oriented and I feel like I can definitely see myself there."

When asked where St. John's is ranked among the programs that have offered him, Gibbs said that the Storm are "definitely at the top of my list."

"There's been some other BIG EAST schools that have offered me, but St. John's is close enough to where I can get home in the day but also further enough where I feel like I'm on my own," he added.

Lavin let the 2016 recruit know immediately what role he could be expected to play should he choose to lace up as a member of the Johnnies.

"He told me that they graduate six guards this coming year so he said that I would definitely have a chance at coming in and playing," said Gibbs. "He also told me how he likes the way that I score but I can also pass the ball and that he wanted me to be a scoring point guard."

Gibbs is no stranger to the current hardwood movers and shakers at St. John's, as he mentioned his like for senior guard D'Angelo Harrison's role, game and dependability among his teammates and coaching staff.

"Obviously, D'Angelo is their leading scorer last year," said Gibbs. "He was their go-to-guy, and that's something that I would really like to be for a team like that; just somebody that they count on for the last bucket or I'm taking the last shot."

https://stjohns.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1686755

Wods317

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2014, 05:59:59 PM »
That was a great read. Kid seems like he has his head on straight. Would love to have him here in a couple years.

« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2014, 06:46:46 PM »
Temple says SJU is now at the top of his list:

On Saturday, as part of University Service Day, the Red Storm men's and women's basketball programs held their fourth annual Dribble for the Cure event to raise funds and awareness for pediatric cancer research. Gibbs said, on an invitation from St. John's men's basketball head coach Steve Lavin, he took an unofficial visit to the Queens, N.Y. campus.

"I met with Coach Lavin and the whole coaching staff," Gibbs told RedStormReport.com. "I got to walk around a little bit, saw a little bit of the campus -- it was a great time. I really liked it. I love the atmosphere. It was really family-oriented and I feel like I can definitely see myself there."

When asked where St. John's is ranked among the programs that have offered him, Gibbs said that the Storm are "definitely at the top of my list."

"There's been some other BIG EAST schools that have offered me, but St. John's is close enough to where I can get home in the day but also further enough where I feel like I'm on my own," he added.

Lavin let the 2016 recruit know immediately what role he could be expected to play should he choose to lace up as a member of the Johnnies.

"He told me that they graduate six guards this coming year so he said that I would definitely have a chance at coming in and playing," said Gibbs. "He also told me how he likes the way that I score but I can also pass the ball and that he wanted me to be a scoring point guard."

Gibbs is no stranger to the current hardwood movers and shakers at St. John's, as he mentioned his like for senior guard D'Angelo Harrison's role, game and dependability among his teammates and coaching staff.

"Obviously, D'Angelo is their leading scorer last year," said Gibbs. "He was their go-to-guy, and that's something that I would really like to be for a team like that; just somebody that they count on for the last bucket or I'm taking the last shot."

https://stjohns.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1686755

Anyone know if theres a chance he could be a 2015 kid? I know a lot of players reclassify these days and im just curious. Maybe him and Briscoe in the same class?
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

paultzman

« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2014, 09:11:29 PM »
St. John’s is losing a slew of guards after this year and is recruiting both Gibbs in 2016 and his Playaz teammate Isaiah Briscoe for 2015. Briscoe just picked up a Kentucky offer on his visit there.

Could they join forces in Queens?

“That’s always a possibility,” Gibbs said. “Isaiah is one of my close friends. He was a teammate this year. We have great camaraderie and he’s someone that I really grew up with as a young kid. WE never really got to play together, I always played against him and this one year has really opened my eyes to the type of player he is and I think that we could both be successful on the same team.”

Asked how Kentucky might factor in for Briscoe, Gibbs said, “You never know with Isaiah. He’s a one-of-a-kind type of kid.”

@AdamZagoria: T.J. Gibbs talks about possibly joining forces with Isaiah Briscoe at St. John's http://t.co/1fkLoW1yJy

paultzman

« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2014, 11:58:51 AM »
It will hopefully be nice to edge Big Ed on this head to head battle;

@J_Schneider: Providence making a push with SHP guard T.J. Gibbs. Coach Ed Cooley stopped in to visit with him yesterday #NJhoops

pmg911

« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2014, 10:01:55 AM »
I will be shocked if he doesn't end up at SHU, he will have a chance to play with his brother their and the family likes SHU a lot.

gman

« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2014, 01:59:41 PM »
Wont sterling be gone by then? 

« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2014, 08:05:18 PM »
I will be shocked if he doesn't end up at SHU, he will have a chance to play with his brother their and the family likes SHU a lot.

Shocked???

« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2014, 08:06:47 PM »

Yes. 

pmg911

« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2014, 10:51:31 AM »

Yes. 

No he will not be gone...

Sterling is a Sophomore and Temple a Junior in high school....   so when Temple is a Freshman, Sterling will be a Senior...

**I was wrong here
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 11:11:43 AM by pmg911 »