Jordan Brown, PF, Roseville, CA

• 243 replies

hnk

Re: Jordan Brown, PF, Roseville, CA
« Reply #180 on: March 25, 2018, 06:30:16 PM »
I hate to  break it to you, but you have nothing to  do with what place we come in,

« Reply #181 on: March 26, 2018, 10:17:59 AM »
is Brown supposed to announce soon..?

Looks like he is pushing his announcement out at least another week if not further..

He is in Atlanta for the McD AA game this week and recruiting shuts down starting on Thursday 3/29 thru next Thursday 4/5 (Dead Period).  Word is he may want to visit Gonzaga after the Dead Period and have in-homes prior to deciding.  We'll see.

« Reply #182 on: March 26, 2018, 10:57:35 AM »
Strike Gonzaga put in Arizona and Stanford.

Arizona doesn't surprise me Sean Miller will be on every kid imaginable

https://twitter.com/AdamZagoria/status/978280049819480064

QuanMan

« Reply #184 on: March 26, 2018, 04:09:27 PM »
https://www.flohoops.com/articles/6157903-jordan-brown-still-undecided-on-college-future-new-schools-in-the-mix

Certainly sounds like we're in the mix. We need a big in the worst way. Whether its the grad transfer route or not, a minimum of 2 committed bigs are needed during the Spring Signing Period.
Section 3
Section 116

« Reply #185 on: March 26, 2018, 07:10:16 PM »
Nice comments on our effort and interest, but Just seems he has a total West Coast lean....

His dad's school seems like a courtesy.

« Reply #187 on: March 27, 2018, 09:21:13 AM »
St. Jean managing to get Jordan Brown would be pretty astounding. Definitely not confident but who knows

Johnny23

« Reply #188 on: March 27, 2018, 10:15:55 AM »
St. Jean managing to get Jordan Brown would be pretty astounding. Definitely not confident but who knows

St. Jean couldn't land a HS gig if he tried. Like I said months ago, 5 star kid from the West Coast isn't coming all the way here especially to go to SJU. Staff needs to get realistic and score some solid bigs real soon.

« Reply #189 on: March 27, 2018, 11:21:02 AM »

St. Jean couldn't land a HS gig if he tried. Like I said months ago, 5 star kid from the West Coast isn't coming all the way here especially to go to SJU. Staff needs to get realistic and score some solid bigs real soon.

St Jean is not the problem.  People want to doubt him because he’s 28. Who gives a shit. He’s been around nba and college folks his whole life.  I’m not worried about his ability to coach. I’ve actually been impressed with some stuff he draws up. But recruiting is a different animal. Age and experience matters more there.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #190 on: March 27, 2018, 11:54:52 AM »

St Jean is not the problem.  People want to doubt him because he’s 28. Who gives a shit. He’s been around nba and college folks his whole life.  I’m not worried about his ability to coach. I’ve actually been impressed with some stuff he draws up. But recruiting is a different animal. Age and experience matters more there.

Agreed.  I will say this again the talent level going into year 4 is nowhere near where we all thought it would be when he took over 3 years ago. It is just not.  And if you honestly think you thought SJU roster is about where you thought it would be you are either lying or you never thought the Mullin hire would be that great to begin with.

There is just no way after he was hired that you would think SJU  would whiff on essentially every major local recruit 3 years later and be touting a former football player as a key recruit going into year 4 after 3 straight losing seasins.  No way...
« Last Edit: March 27, 2018, 11:56:47 AM by fordham96 »

« Reply #191 on: March 27, 2018, 11:57:36 AM »
Come on.  The kid is a basketball prodigy.  Don't put this on St. Jean.  He is a young highly intelligent basketball mind who grew up in this.  Yes, the staff could use another experienced voice for game management/planning and yes they should all be recruiting, but don't put this on a kid who has forgotten more about basketball then this board knows combined.

paultzman

« Reply #192 on: March 27, 2018, 12:11:21 PM »
Giving Greg SJ his due, told he is an extremely hard working coach preparing game plans, running drills & obviously in game input. That said, he does not seem to be wired to recruit. That’s ok.

Would hope the second AC could, but it appears that is not part of his arrangement. Moving Mitch up to a AC slot does not look like a good move considering our recruiting challenges. Putting him back to the Special Assistant role seems way to go, but doubt  Mullin would do that for several reasons. We need two guys out there beating bushes for players regularly. Hopefully CM will make a hard decision. He is getting paid enough to solve this issue.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2018, 12:12:10 PM by paultzman »

« Reply #193 on: March 27, 2018, 12:33:45 PM »
Giving Greg SJ his due, told he is an extremely hard working coach preparing game plans, running drills & obviously in game input. That said, he does not seem to be wired to recruit. That’s ok.

Would hope the second AC could, but it appears that is not part of his arrangement. Moving Mitch up to a AC slot does not look like a good move considering our recruiting challenges. Putting him back to the Special Assistant role seems way to go, but doubt  Mullin would do that for several reasons. We need two guys out there beating bushes for players regularly. Hopefully CM will make a hard decision. He is getting paid enough to solve this issue.

He had a big time recruiter...he screwed it up and now he needs to re-evaluate.

But my larger point is this staff composition is 100% on Chris, I could care less why or how or who got a raise.  He's responsible.  Fix it and get this thing going....

« Reply #194 on: March 28, 2018, 10:59:02 PM »
Jordan Brown finished with 26 points and 8 boards as his team won the McDonald's game 131-128.  His teammate Nas Little was the MVP with 28 points. Brown, who's built like Tariq Owens, runs the floor well and showed nice touch around the basket with both hands, but damn, lots of these "high school" kids are full grown men.

paultzman

« Reply #195 on: April 02, 2018, 11:35:40 AM »

« Reply #196 on: April 02, 2018, 05:42:05 PM »
Per Zags -

UNC and Louisville are the latest to reach out to Jordan Brown

MCNPA

« Reply #197 on: April 02, 2018, 09:59:54 PM »
Too much time wasted by St. Jean...  work on some attainable prospects! Pop that recruiting cherry on a 3-4 Star HS kid that takes off...
« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 10:00:40 PM by MCNPA »

« Reply #198 on: April 02, 2018, 10:02:45 PM »
Too much time wasted by St. Jean...  work on some attainable prospects! Pop that recruiting cherry on a 3-4 Star HS kid that takes off...
There is plenty of time to do both if we didn't have a staff that seems to work part time.

pmg911

« Reply #199 on: April 06, 2018, 09:49:38 AM »

So fans want the staff to get better talent but they don't want them wasting time putting in the effort it takes to secure them...

This posts sums up the WORST fan base in college basketball...