Zach Brown - C - Miami, FL

• 369 replies
Re: Zach Brown - C - Miami, FL
« Reply #340 on: March 03, 2017, 06:34:34 PM »
LOL!

Make Shawshank look like  a clam bake.

« Reply #341 on: March 03, 2017, 07:17:26 PM »
Having seen top big men such as Giles, Bolden, Azubuike and others struggle to contribute this year, I'm convinced Brown would have given us little to nothing next year.  When it comes to big men, graduate transfers are the way to go in the one and done era.

Brown may have not helped us out a season from now, but there is a chance he could've helped us.  So, why speak in absolutes based off a handful of players?  Giles never has played like a big.  He just has good size, but he's what they call a "stretch four."  He's also a year removed from an ACL injury.

Just because the one's you've mentioned aren't paying off immediately doesn't mean they won't pay off for their respective team.  Big men can typically take the longest to get going. 

I guess you forgot about freshman bigs Bam Adebayo, TJ Leaf, Zach Collins, Tony Bradley, and probably a few others I could be forgetting.
There are freshmen that contribute but he's not Bam and Leaf is not a center.  I don't think Brown is as talented as Bolden but we'll never know.   

« Reply #342 on: March 03, 2017, 07:44:36 PM »
Having seen top big men such as Giles, Bolden, Azubuike and others struggle to contribute this year, I'm convinced Brown would have given us little to nothing next year.  When it comes to big men, graduate transfers are the way to go in the one and done era.

Brown may have not helped us out a season from now, but there is a chance he could've helped us.  So, why speak in absolutes based off a handful of players?  Giles never has played like a big.  He just has good size, but he's what they call a "stretch four."  He's also a year removed from an ACL injury.

Just because the one's you've mentioned aren't paying off immediately doesn't mean they won't pay off for their respective team.  Big men can typically take the longest to get going. 

I guess you forgot about freshman bigs Bam Adebayo, TJ Leaf, Zach Collins, Tony Bradley, and probably a few others I could be forgetting.
There are freshmen that contribute but he's not Bam and Leaf is not a center.  I don't think Brown is as talented as Bolden but we'll never know.   

Brown would've led the team in steals.

I'll be here all week folks

« Reply #343 on: March 03, 2017, 10:02:53 PM »

He doesn't have to be Bam to contribute.  That's a strawman.  Giles isn't a center either, but you mentioned him.  Giles's game in no way resembles a center. 

At least, Leaf plays with his back to the basket.  He's UCLA's go-to-guy in the post.  Leaf being a center is just a label.  He plays like one for UCLA. 

« Reply #344 on: March 03, 2017, 10:26:47 PM »
Imagine this guy and his brother in the locker room showers with the De La Rosa brothers!
My money is on the girls.

« Reply #345 on: March 04, 2017, 07:58:36 AM »

He doesn't have to be Bam to contribute.  That's a strawman.  Giles isn't a center either, but you mentioned him.  Giles's game in no way resembles a center. 

At least, Leaf plays with his back to the basket.  He's UCLA's go-to-guy in the post.  Leaf being a center is just a label.  He plays like one for UCLA.
I have no idea what Giles is, he's hasn't done anything yet and unless Brown was going to hit some threes I wouldn't compare him to Leaf.  I think he'd be more like RF than TJ.

« Reply #346 on: March 04, 2017, 11:53:51 AM »

I have no idea what Giles is, he's hasn't done anything yet and unless Brown was going to hit some threes I wouldn't compare him to Leaf.  I think he'd be more like RF than TJ.

I knew you didn't know what Giles his by even mentioning him as a "big."  Where and when did I compare Brown to Leaf?  I only gave names of "bigs" who are playing well for their respective teams.  Just because Leaf is capable of hitting treys doesn't take away from him being a "big."  He often plays on the blocks for UCLA.

Yeah, Brown would be more like Freudenberg than Leaf....  Moving the goalposts and another one of your fallacies. 

thetruth8734

• SJU Alum
« Reply #347 on: March 06, 2017, 12:55:13 AM »
I wonder if he can get his life together if the lady storm might offer him a scholarship. Would be a nice pick up.

« Reply #348 on: March 06, 2017, 09:09:01 AM »

I knew you didn't know what Giles his by even mentioning him as a "big."  Where and when did I compare Brown to Leaf?  I only gave names of "bigs" who are playing well for their respective teams.  Just because Leaf is capable of hitting treys doesn't take away from him being a "big."  He often plays on the blocks for UCLA.

Yeah, Brown would be more like Freudenberg than Leaf....  Moving the goalposts and another one of your fallacies.
That went way over my head and I won't reduce myself to insulting a teenager with gender identity issues who has had a much tougher life than I had but my original point was in this era of one and dones, we're better off with the graduate transfer.

« Reply #349 on: March 06, 2017, 09:28:58 AM »
This is pretty wild.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Poison

« Reply #350 on: March 06, 2017, 10:17:50 AM »
I wonder if he can get his life together if the lady storm might offer him a scholarship. Would be a nice pick up.

Not everyone is as tough as a St.John's fan.

cjfish

« Reply #351 on: March 06, 2017, 10:53:06 AM »
bring back Adonis D, a real man :D

QuanMan

« Reply #352 on: March 09, 2017, 08:05:15 PM »
https://twitter.com/JessicaTurberry

After monthly visits this Winter, how was this imbalanced personality not suspected?

I credit Matt for a lot of things, but imagine looking at this account knowing he/she was suiting up for us next Fall. We're only about a month removed from this debacle. A inexcusable, irresponsible risk, terrible recruiting job on his part.
Section 3
Section 116

« Reply #353 on: March 09, 2017, 08:10:10 PM »

After monthly visits this Winter, how was this imbalanced personality not suspected?

I credit Matt for a lot of things, but imagine looking at this account knowing he/she was suiting up for us next Fall. We're only about a month removed from this debacle. A inexcusable, irresponsible risk, terrible recruiting job on his part.

If his gender identity is female can he play for the women's team? Imagine the damage he could do as a 7' 260 lb. center for the ladies Red Storm. Bring on Uconn!

« Reply #354 on: March 09, 2017, 08:21:36 PM »

This is some of the craziest sht I've seen

« Reply #355 on: March 09, 2017, 08:23:46 PM »
Jesus

goredmen

« Reply #356 on: March 09, 2017, 09:24:14 PM »
Now it makes sense why he/she committed to Yukon. Geno was recruiting him/her for the girls team and you can't say no to Geno

« Reply #357 on: March 09, 2017, 10:56:43 PM »

I still don't get where the irresponsible risk is? It was potentially the last scholarship on the team. Who was better that late in the game?

It was calculated risk imo. If it worked great, if it didn't then you still have transfer fall back plan. Rest of bigs in class stunk.

QuanMan

« Reply #358 on: March 09, 2017, 11:17:46 PM »

I still don't get where the irresponsible risk is? It was potentially the last scholarship on the team. Who was better that late in the game?

It was calculated risk imo. If it worked great, if it didn't then you still have transfer fall back plan. Rest of bigs in class stunk.

Dave, in the past month he has changed his name to Jessica Turberry, regularly crossdresses, puts on makeup,  blatenly shoplifted and violated his probation. You're asking what the risk was? This scholarship supposedly scared away Sima for good and dampened our chances with any other 2017 recruit. It looks like we almost had the first trans basketball player in the sport's history. If this active profile was caught by the press while he was still committed to us articles would start and rumors would be flying. It would've been a colossal embarrassment. Matt gambled and it blew up on him and could've gotten worse. You have to be joking.
Section 3
Section 116

« Reply #359 on: March 10, 2017, 01:14:13 AM »

Dave, in the past month he has changed his name to Jessica Turberry, regularly crossdresses, puts on makeup,  blatenly shoplifted and violated his probation. You're asking what the risk was? This scholarship supposedly scared away Sima for good and dampened our chances with any other 2017 recruit. It looks like we almost had the first trans basketball player in the sport's history. If this active profile was caught by the press while he was still committed to us articles would start and rumors would be flying. It would've been a colossal embarrassment. Matt gambled and it blew up on him and could've gotten worse. You have to be joking.

I'm looking at this from a basketball perspective only. St. John's got involved with Brown when everyone jumped off then he was turning the corner and teams jumped back in and he climbed up the rankings. St. John's had an inside track on top rated big school has been involved with since Jayson Williams.

There are no other 2017 recruits and Sima couldn't cut it on this current roster so that has nothing to do with Brown.

Kid threw away his opportunity but school was wise to hang in and gamble on him. It didn't work out but I'd do it again for next recruit especially scholarship #13