Ponds

• 25 replies

Marillac

Re: Ponds
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2016, 07:35:22 PM »
I expect an average of 9-11ppg
I won't even attempt to predict his average but I like him as much or more than I liked Harrison as a scorer and that was pretty over the top.

« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2016, 08:06:34 PM »
Remember, Mussini scored 10.7 ppg...

hnk

« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2016, 08:11:26 PM »
He had the ball in his hands at end of games and hit a lot of foul shots.

MCNPA

« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2016, 09:47:15 PM »
If he doesn't start, it really will be only a formality.  He likely won't start at first.  Start the guys who did the grind last season.  Get Ponds with a taste off the bench.  It's better for his transition.  He will earn his starting spot I expect before Big East play.  Very talented kid and will be quite a tandem with Lovett because of both of their speed and scoring ability.    It's a beautiful thing that we also have Ellison and Mussini as well. Last season it's all we had.  Now we can double up, and with a huge guard in Ellison and good shooter in Mussini.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 09:49:00 PM by MCNPA »

« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2016, 05:37:33 PM »
I'm liking Lovett and Ellison to start in November, no need to start Ponds right away.
Let the kid ease into the college game.

I think if he does start, it would be mid December. If Mullin thinks the kid is ready, he'll give Ponds a few weeks starting before B.E. play.
If Mussini or Ellison is tearing it up, then Ponds will be the sixth man, he'll be a great first option off the bench.

« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2016, 09:13:45 PM »
Let them earn it in the season. You a new guy and then have to have to change up early in the season and you have 2 PO ed kids.  Those young fellows waited a long time for this; they can wait a little bit more, and, with time, perhaps earn the job.  You will have 2 players that are better than on day one going forward. Our guys from last year should get the starts until they prove they can't handle  themselves. Athletes understand that.