Darien Williams and Malik Ellison transferring

• 232 replies
Re: Darien Williams and Malik Ellison transferring
« Reply #180 on: April 17, 2017, 11:50:44 PM »
Dom's junior year was pretty crappy, then he was COSTCO  senior year.
There is a difference between doing nothing and being a complete horror show.

Marillac

« Reply #181 on: April 18, 2017, 08:31:09 AM »
Dom's junior year was pretty crappy, then he was COSTCO  senior year.

True, but he was pretty awesome as a frosh and not bad as a sophomore.  His struggles were due to how he was used. I blame Lavin 100%.

Foad

« Reply #182 on: April 18, 2017, 08:54:55 AM »
Ellison sucked so bad, he only played 25 minutes a game. We need to recruit guys who don't need to improve

Does he stink or is he a great loss. You said both. Pick one.

He stinks and he is a great loss. Maybe that's the problem

The problem is that your trolling has reached mid major levels, just as has the team that you root for. Ellison would be a wonderful player at Iona, because he stinks.

Next.

He wouldn't get 25 mins there

He wouldn't get 25 minutes at a mid major like Iona but "a top 25 team seems to think he is ACC worthy". Again, pick one.

« Reply #183 on: April 18, 2017, 09:00:16 AM »
Ellison sucked so bad, he only played 25 minutes a game. We need to recruit guys who don't need to improve

The problem is that your trolling has reached mid major levels, just as has the team that you root for. Ellison would be a wonderful player at Iona, because he stinks.

Next.

He wouldn't get 25 minutes at a mid major like Iona but "a top 25 team seems to think he is ACC worthy". Again, pick one.

He got 25 mins at a below average mid major, St Johns

« Reply #184 on: April 18, 2017, 09:01:26 AM »
Both Ellison and Ahmed are extremely frustrating to watch. Ahmed is better so I am glad Ellison is gone. Having two of them was too much for me. No offense he has some potential, good luck to him but it will not be a big loss next year.
Williams thing a littler harder to understand.

« Reply #185 on: April 18, 2017, 09:09:25 AM »

Next.

Textbook trolling. 

Foad

« Reply #186 on: April 18, 2017, 09:10:56 AM »

Next.

The Big East is third best conference in the country. The MAAC is 15th.

« Reply #187 on: April 18, 2017, 09:11:04 AM »

Next.

Textbook trolling. 

What else do you call a program who maybe makes the tournament once every 4 years? A high major powerhouse?

Wods317

« Reply #188 on: April 18, 2017, 09:11:56 AM »

Next.

Textbook trolling. 

What else do you call a program who maybe makes the tournament once every 4 years? A high major powerhouse?

St. John's is a high major, they may not be very good but doesn't change the conference they play in.

« Reply #190 on: April 18, 2017, 09:15:12 AM »

Next.

Textbook trolling. 

St. John's is a high major, they may not be very good but doesn't change the conference they play in.

Ok I should rephrase. St. John's plays in a high major conference. But the program is average mid major at best. Same thinking as calling Gonzaga a mid major

Johnny23

« Reply #191 on: April 18, 2017, 09:21:04 AM »
St. John's plays in a high major conference but I wouldn't consider them a high major program at the moment. You should win at a minimum 18-20 games/year and do it consistently to be considered a high major (in a power 5 conf) to me.

« Reply #192 on: April 18, 2017, 09:37:43 AM »
St. John's plays in a high major conference but I wouldn't consider them a high major program at the moment. You should win at a minimum 18-20 games/year and do it consistently to be considered a high major (in a power 5 conf) to me.

So a Blue Blood?

Johnny23

« Reply #193 on: April 18, 2017, 09:39:19 AM »

So a Blue Blood?

A once proud program.

« Reply #194 on: April 18, 2017, 09:46:04 AM »

So a Blue Blood?

A once proud program.

I think a lot of fans have already accepted being a mid major and they don't even realize it. Which is why some are sitting here, hoping the staff lands some last minute recruits. Mid major recruits

« Reply #195 on: April 18, 2017, 09:57:04 AM »

So a Blue Blood?

A once proud program.

I think a lot of fans have already accepted being a mid major and they don't even realize it. Which is why some are sitting here, hoping the staff lands some last minute recruits. Mid major recruits

What is Seton Hall and Providence to you? There is a clear middle ground that we fall into between Mid-Major and Top Tier

« Reply #196 on: April 18, 2017, 10:13:39 AM »

So a Blue Blood?

A once proud program.

What is Seton Hall and Providence to you? There is a clear middle ground that we fall into between Mid-Major and Top Tier

Both are more consistent than St Johns in recent years.  I think St Johns is closer to DePaul

Johnny23

« Reply #197 on: April 18, 2017, 10:26:57 AM »

So a Blue Blood?

A once proud program.

Both are more consistent than St Johns in recent years.  I think St Johns is closer to DePaul

This.

« Reply #198 on: April 18, 2017, 10:29:07 AM »

So a Blue Blood?

A once proud program.

This.

Ya. The way we think about DePaul, is probably the way the rest of the college basketball world views st Johns

« Reply #199 on: April 18, 2017, 10:38:51 AM »
Trust me I want us to be better, but we are still far away from the Depaul's of the world.    In the past 7 years, we've been to the tourney twice, and the NIT twice.  We've sent a number of guys to the league.  We've beaten plenty of really good teams and received national attention in certain years.  People still give a s*** about St. John's, as evidenced by many of the games I attended last year, including the first BE tourney game.  Hell part of the reason Seton Hall fans have this complex about SJU is because SJU gets more attention having a mediocre season than the Hall does with a good one.