Shamorie Ponds

• 64 replies

Johnny23

Re: Shamorie Ponds
« Reply #40 on: December 19, 2017, 01:24:07 PM »
He rebounds.....he passes......he mostly plays solid defense.....he plays in all the games.
and he would be even better if he cut down on some of the fancy stuff either that or complete the play when he does it.

Yeah he'd probably be averaging about 25 ppg with a little more business like approach. Splitting hairs.

« Reply #41 on: December 19, 2017, 01:33:31 PM »
He rebounds.....he passes......he mostly plays solid defense.....he plays in all the games.
and he would be even better if he cut down on some of the fancy stuff either that or complete the play when he does it.

Yeah he'd probably be averaging about 25 ppg with a little more business like approach. Splitting hairs.
Not really it could be the difference between winning and losing close games against the better upcoming competition.

redslope

« Reply #42 on: December 19, 2017, 01:34:02 PM »

With a 9-1 record, I'll take the "French Pastry"

« Reply #43 on: December 19, 2017, 01:39:30 PM »

With a 9-1 record, I'll take the "French Pastry"
Yeah because the 9-1 record is thanks to his misplays by trying to be too fancy. Which loss are you not counting Mizzu or ASU? 9-2 record has nothing to do of course with the level of competition we have played so far. Guess you expect us to keep up that pace for the rest of the season huh? so we should finish about 27-6 heading into the NCAA tourney as a 2 or 3 seed.

Foad

« Reply #44 on: December 19, 2017, 02:50:36 PM »
9-2 record has nothing to do of course with the level of competition we have played so far.

rpi 21
sos 29

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/rpi/_/teamId/2599

TONYD3

« Reply #45 on: December 19, 2017, 04:13:19 PM »
9-2 record has nothing to do of course with the level of competition we have played so far.

rpi 21
sos 29

Season starts next week . So far we beat a low level big 10 team, a low level pac 10 team, and mid level aac team without their starting back court.

Foad

« Reply #46 on: December 19, 2017, 04:19:25 PM »

rpi 21
sos 29

Season starts next week . So far we beat a low level big 10 team, a low level pac 10 team, and mid level aac team without their starting back court.

Hopefully you change your diaper between now and then.

Pete88

« Reply #47 on: December 19, 2017, 05:24:20 PM »

rpi 21
sos 29

An SJU fan making excuses for SJU wins, never ceases to amaze.  How many Baldi's post on this board?

Johnny23

« Reply #48 on: December 19, 2017, 05:26:22 PM »

Not really it could be the difference between winning and losing close games against the better upcoming competition.

No doubt. It's a maturation process hopefully.

TONYD3

« Reply #49 on: December 19, 2017, 08:15:12 PM »

rpi 21
sos 29

Currently I am pooping. So no need for a diaper. Sorry I pointed out another stat of yours that proves and means nothing.

« Reply #50 on: December 19, 2017, 10:05:00 PM »

rpi 21
sos 29

Currently I am pooping. So no need for a diaper. Sorry I pointed out another stat of yours that proves and means nothing.

I'm not sure how you figure that doesn't mean anything. Would you be happier if STJ was 0-11? I think you'd rather Foad be wrong than the team be good. You're deranged, man.

TONYD3

« Reply #51 on: December 20, 2017, 06:43:19 AM »

rpi 21
sos 29

I'm not sure how you figure that doesn't mean anything. Would you be happier if STJ was 0-11? I think you'd rather Foad be wrong than the team be good. You're deranged, man.
You miss understood. I think our record is fine. We beat the teams we should have beaten. We didn’t beat anyone good YET. If our RPI is still high in 2 months then we are having a great season. Our current inflated RPI isn’t important.
Win today. Go 10-8 in conference. We go to the dance.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 06:58:27 AM by TONYD3 »

Foad

« Reply #52 on: December 20, 2017, 09:00:53 AM »

I live in his head now. Which not surprisingly it's pretty roomy in there. Once you get used to the echoes it's right comfortable.

TONYD3

« Reply #53 on: December 20, 2017, 09:27:39 AM »

I live in his head now. Which not surprisingly it's pretty roomy in there. Once you get used to the echoes it's right comfortable.
Sir, you couldn’t live in my head.  The foad isn’t real. You choose to play the character. However I do find your behavior amusing.
As for the foad being wrong, he never is. He never gives an opinion. He just calls people names after the fact. Or he post stats that are out of context or don’t mean anything.
I think it’s cool that we are 17th in the RPI, I don’t think it is accurate. If we win the next 3, I will change my mind.
Implying St. John’s is good and playing great because we are 17th in RPI (one week before conference starts) and implying someone else is stupid is just foad being foad.

« Reply #54 on: December 20, 2017, 09:29:54 AM »
9-2 w/o one of our best 3 players. Once Lovett comes back Ponds won't have as much of a burden and can take less and better shots and Simon becomes our 3rd best player. When you take Lovett out of equation, we have overachieved.

Foad

« Reply #55 on: December 20, 2017, 10:02:08 AM »
[
Sir, you couldn’t live in my head. 

No, I Imagine the stench is over whelming: a pouporri of dirty socks, fried food and Budweiser.

The foad isn’t real. You choose to play the character. However I do find your behavior amusing.
As for the foad being wrong, he never is. He never gives an opinion. He just calls people names after the fact. Or he post stats that are out of context or don’t mean anything.
I think it’s cool that we are 17th in the RPI, I don’t think it is accurate. If we win the next 3, I will change my mind.
Implying St. John’s is good and playing great because we are 17th in RPI (one week before conference starts) and implying someone else is stupid is just foad being foad.

Perhaps if you learned to read for comprehension we'd get along better. Person A referenced "the level of competition we have played so far." I posted numbers that are used by basketball experts - that's a whole herd of gym teachers, wow! think of the intellectual fire power! -  that is conventionally used to estimate a particular team's level of competition. I didn't say anything about SJU being good or great or having a marvelous season. I merely refuted the idea that our level of competition has been so far any much worse than anyone else's level of competition. The inferences of the rest - not implications, I didn't imply anything - are the result of synapses misfiring in your brain, which no doubt has been repeatedly concussed in robust dodge and tether ball competitions.

As to my opinion, I give 2000 words of it a couple of times a week, just not here. This is where I come to relax with good friends and companions such as yourself. Since you begged for it though, I'll indulge you: so far the season is going about as well as can be expected. Two losses to two teams with two losses, one of them in the top five, the other receiving votes in the coaches poll. (More gym teachers!) My opinion is that it could have been worse and has been and will be once again and in the meanwhile I'm happy to enjoy it while it lasts. Because despite things not being perfect - and they're not, any idiot can see that, which is what makes the constant drumbeat of doom so tiresome: the tedious restatement of obvious facts without a scintilla of wit of insight -  you can't lose the national championship in December. You have to wait for March for that. So I'm biding my time, I don't want my disappointment to spurt out prematurely, I'm older now, it takes me a while to be disappointed a second time.

« Reply #56 on: December 20, 2017, 10:35:11 AM »
[
Sir, you couldn’t live in my head. 

No, I Imagine the stench is over whelming: a pouporri of dirty socks, fried food and Budweiser.

The foad isn’t real. You choose to play the character. However I do find your behavior amusing.

Perhaps if you learned to read for comprehension we'd get along better. Person A referenced "the level of competition we have played so far." I posted numbers that are used by basketball experts - that's a whole herd of gym teachers, wow! think of the intellectual fire power! -  that is conventionally used to estimate a particular team's level of competition. I didn't say anything about SJU being good or great or having a marvelous season. I merely refuted the idea that our level of competition has been so far any much worse than anyone else's level of competition. The inferences of the rest - not implications, I didn't imply anything - are the result of synapses misfiring in your brain, which no doubt has been repeatedly concussed in robust dodge and tether ball competitions.

As to my opinion, I give 2000 words of it a couple of times a week, just not here. This is where I come to relax with good friends and companions such as yourself. Since you begged for it though, I'll indulge you: so far the season is going about as well as can be expected. Two losses to two teams with two losses, one of them in the top five, the other receiving votes in the coaches poll. (More gym teachers!) My opinion is that it could have been worse and has been and will be once again and in the meanwhile I'm happy to enjoy it while it lasts. Because despite things not being perfect - and they're not, any idiot can see that, which is what makes the constant drumbeat of doom so tiresome: the tedious restatement of obvious facts without a scintilla of wit of insight -  you can't lose the national championship in December. You have to wait for March for that. So I'm biding my time, I don't want my disappointment to spurt out prematurely, I'm older now, it takes me a while to be disappointed a second time.

Fried Food and Budweiser is a bad thing?

goredmen

« Reply #57 on: December 20, 2017, 11:25:52 AM »
9-2 w/o one of our best 3 players. Once Lovett comes back Ponds won't have as much of a burden and can take less and better shots and Simon becomes our 3rd best player. When you take Lovett out of equation, we have overachieved.

Overachieved? We have played 2 good teams so far this year and lost both. We haven't lost to anybody worse than us even without Lovett. So far we've lost the two games to the two teams better and beat all of the teams worse. I wouldn't say that's overachieving or underachieving

« Reply #58 on: December 20, 2017, 11:42:00 AM »

Overachieved? We have played 2 good teams so far this year and lost both. We haven't lost to anybody worse than us even without Lovett. So far we've lost the two games to the two teams better and beat all of the teams worse. I wouldn't say that's overachieving or underachieving

The number #3 team in the country and a 10-2 team.
We won half of our games w/o our 2nd best player.  Our current 6th man's best attribute is drawing charges. We are basically playing a 5 man rotation. 10-2 is about as best as we could have hoped for.

goredmen

« Reply #59 on: December 20, 2017, 11:46:43 AM »

The number #3 team in the country and a 10-2 team.
We won half of our games w/o our 2nd best player.  Our current 6th man's best attribute is drawing charges. We are basically playing a 5 man rotation. 10-2 is about as best as we could have hoped for.

We've only played 4 games so far without Lovett. One of them was the Arizona State game which was a loss. The 3 wins were Sacred Heart, Grand Canyon and Iona. Are any of those 3 teams better than this SJU team without Lovett?