Game 12: St. Joe's

• 236 replies
Re: Game 12: St. Joe's
« Reply #220 on: December 21, 2017, 10:42:02 PM »
You felt that way about Hardy because of how that season progressed.  If I asked you if you felt that way when Hardy was a junior - when Norm didn't know what he had with him or Brownlee - you wouldn't have felt better with him having the ball at any time than Ponds.

I get that Hardy wasn't as talented as Ponds, and probably had a better supporting cast. But there was a level of confidence I had, when he had the ball in his hands in the waning minutes of games that has not been close to replicated in Harrison or Ponds.

Dwight Hardy was a completely different player as a senior. Ponds may be too by the time he gets there.

I definitely disagree with your premise. That season progressed the way it did mostly because Hardy had the ball in his hands at crucial moments.

I completely appreciate and understand the difference in talent between Ponds and Hardy.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 11:11:35 PM by redstorm212 »

« Reply #221 on: December 22, 2017, 12:11:51 AM »
A relief of a win. Not gonna look great on our resume, but we avoided a horrendous loss. 10-2 means we realistically have to go 10-8 in BE play to be in. Very doable.

Actually this win looks pretty good on our resume. We beat a typically competitive A10 team on a nuetral court.

This is essentially a nothing win on the resume. We beat a middle of the pack team in a conference that is way down this year compared to years past. It's pretty equal to beating a Ball St or Albany on a neutral court

Louisville - 70
Albany     - 68 at the Kfc Yum center last night.

Albany's nobody's b*tch.  I fear that if we were to play Albany we would get burned.  I don't think we'll ever play them as we're too smart for that and the Danes never have any real down years.

« Reply #222 on: December 22, 2017, 12:29:21 AM »
A relief of a win. Not gonna look great on our resume, but we avoided a horrendous loss. 10-2 means we realistically have to go 10-8 in BE play to be in. Very doable.

Actually this win looks pretty good on our resume. We beat a typically competitive A10 team on a nuetral court.

This is essentially a nothing win on the resume. We beat a middle of the pack team in a conference that is way down this year compared to years past. It's pretty equal to beating a Ball St or Albany on a neutral court

Louisville - 70

Albany's nobody's b*tch.  I fear that if we were to play Albany we would get burned.  I don't think we'll ever play them as we're too smart for that and the Danes never have any real down years.
OK Marcoabbatiello.  ;)

« Reply #223 on: December 22, 2017, 07:50:58 AM »

Louisville - 70

Thatta boy Carmine.

Iona, Albany, Manhattan, Hofstra maybe Stony Brook. 2 of these teams should be in Holiday Festival every year.

« Reply #224 on: December 22, 2017, 09:00:14 AM »

Louisville - 70

Thatta boy Carmine.

Iona, Albany, Manhattan, Hofstra maybe Stony Brook. 2 of these teams should be in Holiday Festival every year.

I like it.

You should have seen the Louisville game.  The Danes get a good look at a game winning three at the end and the shooter is fouled but the ref was already on his way to the locker room and swallowed his whistle. Would have been our best win ever.

goredmen

« Reply #225 on: December 22, 2017, 12:01:16 PM »

Louisville - 70

You're right. Albany is actually better than St Joe's by KenPom's metrics. But, neither would be considered a "good win" on the resume, thats just a fact.

« Reply #226 on: December 22, 2017, 01:53:19 PM »

Louisville - 70

You're right. Albany is actually better than St Joe's by KenPom's metrics. But, neither would be considered a "good win" on the resume, thats just a fact.

I understand your point.  I guess it's the being lumped in with Ball State that I take offense to.

goredmen

« Reply #227 on: December 22, 2017, 02:03:15 PM »

Louisville - 70

I understand your point.  I guess it's the being lumped in with Ball State that I take offense to.

Ball St beat Notre Dame @ Notre Dame this season

« Reply #228 on: December 22, 2017, 03:40:10 PM »

Louisville - 70

Ball St beat Notre Dame @ Notre Dame this season

Ball St. is good in basketball?  What a world.

« Reply #229 on: December 23, 2017, 12:08:27 PM »

Foad

« Reply #230 on: December 23, 2017, 12:15:14 PM »
St Joe's St John's recap: http://www.bigeastboards.com/

Do you like Beefheart too?

Yeah, he's one of my favorite tenor players.

« Reply #231 on: December 23, 2017, 03:11:30 PM »

Yeah, he's one of my favorite tenor players.

Good one.  Jay McShann.

But this I know.  He plays occasional soprano and frequent mouth harp.

« Reply #232 on: December 23, 2017, 07:32:18 PM »

Thats a delicacy in Peru. Anticuchos. Nothing like walking down a street and seeing an old peruvian lady cooking those things on a Skewer on a little makeshift Hibachi. Foad would like them after slamming some Pisco or beer to sterilize the stomach. At least thats what I do

« Reply #233 on: December 24, 2017, 12:41:48 PM »

Thats a delicacy in Peru. Anticuchos. Nothing like walking down a street and seeing an old peruvian lady cooking those things on a Skewer on a little makeshift Hibachi. Foad would like them after slamming some Pisco or beer to sterilize the stomach. At least thats what I do

You're the boards Andrew Zimmern Mj.

« Reply #234 on: December 24, 2017, 02:18:35 PM »

He's braver than me with food. I need alcohol to try some of this crap :)

« Reply #235 on: December 24, 2017, 03:12:53 PM »

He's braver than me with food. I need alcohol to try some of this crap :)

I need alcohol to get out of bed in the morning.

« Reply #236 on: February 27, 2018, 09:27:49 PM »
Man St. Joe's just drilled URI tonight by 30, 78-48.