Shaheen Holloway to St. Peter's

• 16 replies

QuanMan

Shaheen Holloway to St. Peter's
« on: April 10, 2018, 08:07:34 PM »
Big news with major local implications. Suddenly Willard lost his top recruiter who is responsible for landing the top players of his tenure at Hall. A position is open, is it safe to say Rice will be rumored?

http://www.zagsblog.com/2018/04/10/shaheen-holloway-agrees-to-become-new-saint-peters-college-coach/
Section 3
Section 116

TONYD3

Re: Shaheen Holloway to St. Peter's
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2018, 08:45:35 PM »
Read that fast. Thought it read to St. John’s. Was excited, for a second

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2018, 09:11:22 PM »
Shaheen is a really nice kid but that is an impossible job.  Without question the worst job in the MAAC.  I'm not even sure Norm Roberts would take that job...LOL!

mkras99

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2018, 09:47:46 PM »
Shaheen is a really nice kid but that is an impossible job.  Without question the worst job in the MAAC.  I'm not even sure Norm Roberts would take that job...LOL!

Will be 42 in October.

QuanMan

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2018, 10:31:50 PM »
If the staff is still reluctant to hire Rice and Willard swoops in and nabs him I'm going to lose it.
Section 3
Section 116

goredmen

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2018, 10:33:56 PM »
If the staff is still reluctant to hire Rice and Willard swoops in and nabs him I'm going to lose it.

He might as well make Eddie Jordan his 3rd assistant and have the last 3 fired Rutgers coaches as his staff

pmg911

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2018, 02:32:06 PM »

Will be 42 in October.

Exactly why he took his shot....

Can go back and be a top recruiter at any point moving forward. All top assistants want to take a shot and be a head coach. SPC is very tough job but Sha knows the local talent and will be able to get some under the radar players.

The big question is is he can actually coach..? He could be the one to give Mike Rice his second chance, would be a smart move on his part.

There is ZERO chance Willard hires Rice...   he needs a recruiting sniper at this point and will probably have to go overpay for someone who is already working. Sha was making $300k at SHU

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2018, 02:56:22 PM »
Willard  will hire another guy that has direct connection to players.

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2018, 03:01:03 PM »

Will be 42 in October.

Can go back and be a top recruiter at any point moving forward. All top assistants want to take a shot and be a head coach. SPC is very tough job but Sha knows the local talent and will be able to get some under the radar players.

The big question is is he can actually coach..? He could be the one to give Mike Rice his second chance, would be a smart move on his part.

There is ZERO chance Willard hires Rice...   he needs a recruiting sniper at this point and will probably have to go overpay for someone who is already working. Sha was making $300k at SHU

I didn't dispute his age being a factor.  Obviously he is not getting one of the better MAAC jobs, Iona, Manhattan, Siena.

The hope is to eventually parlay that job into a significantly better job.  That will be very difficult at DOC.

And demonstrating an ability to coach is not really the issue. 

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2018, 05:09:32 PM »

Will be 42 in October.

Willard is going to hire a black, assistant coach to replace Holloway, as he was the only black, assistant on their staff. 

By the way, I believe mkras mentioned Holloway's age because fordham said "kid."  That's my assumption.

Moose

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2018, 05:56:10 PM »

Will be 42 in October.

So might the recruiter rhyme with Rice? haha
Remember who broke the Slice news

Moose

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2018, 05:56:52 PM »

Will be 42 in October.

Willard is going to hire a black, assistant coach to replace Holloway, as he was the only black, assistant on their staff. 

By the way, I believe mkras mentioned Holloway's age because fordham said "kid."  That's my assumption.

If what you bring up is the case take a look at our staff too.  Especially if a certain someone was to leave.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2018, 06:05:01 PM »

Will be 42 in October.

If what you bring up is the case take a look at our staff too.  Especially if a certain someone was to leave.

The same applies for our staff if a "certain someone was to leave."

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2018, 06:26:00 PM »
Marcus Toney El

pmg911

« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2018, 10:32:25 AM »
Marcus Toney El

Doesn't have the best reputation in NJ. He blatantly backed stabbed another local assistant coach a couple of years ago and people don't forget stuff like that.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 10:38:02 AM by pmg911 »

pmg911

« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2018, 10:37:33 AM »

Exactly and its the smart thing to do for the staff....

I think he tried to steal a local guy already working, heard rumblings about Donald Copeland of Wagner, former SHU player

« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2018, 12:13:56 PM »
Seems like the exact type of assistant Willard would hire based his past ones....

Marcus Toney El

Doesn't have the best reputation in NJ. He blatantly backed stabbed another local assistant coach a couple of years ago and people don't forget stuff like that.