Players on campus summer ?

• 32 replies

oldred10

• Ya Gotta Believe!!!
Re: Players on campus summer ?
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2008, 11:35:19 AM »
I just came back from watching the guys play. I like quincy Roberts he has a good body and is athletic. I'm not a fan of sean but he had two dunks that had everyone in the gym going crazy. Malik is better than geno. Phil is hilarious i spent some time talking to him he didn't play he was working out. He needs to put on 15-20 pounds but he is focused and looking at the guys he will. Dele lost alot of weight and looks buff. He was hitting the 10 footer consistantly and was playing with confidence. Tomas was tomas. Dj is at least 6'6 and Is strong as hell it looks like he's been working on his jump shot. I'm not sold on tyshawn but from what people told me about him is that he is good he looks like larry wright to me. Justin was justin his jump shot is crazy and he was playing like a man. The only ones not there was Paris and mason and all the guys said Paris has gotten better. And rob looks good his jump shot is piss and he was dunking and diving on the floor and pushing the ball every time he grabbed a board justin would yell push it rob and he would start the break. It was only one day I'm not talking big east champ or ncaa tournament they have a ways to go but I did like some of what I saw

Thanks for the update Kob!  Much appreciated keep the coming

Ditto... thanks brotha.. 8) .. As u said kob, this is just one day. But it's encouraging nonetheless... imo, we know we can count on consistant points from JB & Mase... but if Rob is finally healthy & D.J. steps up his game. It bodes very well for next year.. ;D .. plus, u have to remember that Coker has only been playing ball for like 3 years. He has a great work ethic, is built like a diesel truck & has a nice touch on his shot... and i've also heard the same about paris & that he's worked his butt off on his jumper all summer... hopefully me or my cousin can get a "peek" at one of these practices as well..  :) .. btw - How does Quincy's jumper look?
« Last Edit: August 05, 2008, 11:35:52 AM by oldred10 »

"If u LOVE us that's GREAT... if u HATE us that's GREAT too... if ur in the middle... get the F*CK out!!" - Paul Stanley, KISS

« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2008, 11:45:22 AM »
Hey Red- my glasses are as Rose colored as yours, but-

to say that Coker "has a nice touch on his shot" is over the top.

He shot 25% in the BE last year !!

He had the worst FG% atd FT% (dead last) on the team last year .

He will help the team most by shooting less (only within 6')
 and rebounding a lot more .

I agree though, about his (& Evans) upside potential.

« Last Edit: August 05, 2008, 11:51:14 AM by stevep502 »
Molloy '71

kob24

« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2008, 12:05:00 PM »
tyshawn was playing the point my verdict isn't out on him yet one of my people from louiville told me he is good and some other coaches said the same. I think with Paris and Quincy on the court u can pressure crazy and add malik we talking defense. I don't know about scoring but the defense has he potential to be crazy

oldred10

• Ya Gotta Believe!!!
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2008, 12:37:27 PM »
Hey Red- my glasses are as Rose colored as yours, but-

to say that Coker "has a nice touch on his shot" is over the top.

He shot 25% in the BE last year !!

He had the worst FG% atd FT% (dead last) on the team last year .

He will help the team most by shooting less (only within 6')
 and rebounding a lot more .

I agree though, about his (& Evans) upside potential.

Over the top?.. lol... Relax stevie..  :) .. My main point here is that Dele has yet to reach his "ceiling" & I really don't think the percentage he shot(in the very LIMITED amount of "touches" he had) during BE play last year is a true indication of his ability. IMHO, after watching numerous practices last year, the kid has a nice touch on his jumper from 10-12 feet. Nothing more, nothing less... now whether that translates into the court next year remains to be seen.... regardless, what we really need is for him to be more agressive on the boards & stay out of foul trouble...  ;D .. peace!
« Last Edit: August 05, 2008, 12:38:17 PM by oldred10 »

"If u LOVE us that's GREAT... if u HATE us that's GREAT too... if ur in the middle... get the F*CK out!!" - Paul Stanley, KISS

« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2008, 12:46:46 PM »
"regardless, what we really need is for him to be more agressive on the boards & stay out of foul trouble..."

I agree with u 100% there.

Any player can shoot well in practice w no one in his face.

Didn't Tomas come in 3 years ago w a rep as a
very good shooter for a Ctr ? Boy did he fool us
Molloy '71

kob24

« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2008, 05:27:13 PM »
I'm here now rob Thomas shot is very very  very very very piss. And I really like Quincy Roberts alot

« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2008, 05:38:47 PM »
Hey- I'm 55 years old!  Is "piss" good or bad ??

How's Robs legs- does he look 100% running & cutting ?
Molloy '71

oldred10

• Ya Gotta Believe!!!
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2008, 05:44:55 PM »

Don't feel bad stevie, i'm close to twenty years younger & i have no idea what the heck "piss" means either.. ;D .. my guess is it's something "good" though!
« Last Edit: August 05, 2008, 05:45:39 PM by oldred10 »

« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2008, 06:16:55 PM »
piss = poor...?

haha we need clarification
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

kob24

« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2008, 09:45:49 PM »
l piss means water very wet it's a very good thing. Larry wright had a piss shot

« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2008, 12:19:31 AM »
where I'm from we call jump shots "wet" like rain just pouring in baskets.

Also playing pickup I never said what's the count to indicate the score till I got to new York
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2008, 09:21:18 AM »

How's Robs legs- does he look 100% running & cutting ?

Piss = good.

Just wanna give yet another measure of appreciation to kob for the 411.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2008, 05:53:07 PM »
Very interesting report kob. Keep feeding us. Nothing like straight talk (including some promising info) from a reliable source. Best news for me = Rob pushing the ball and dunking. That's the guy I watched at South Kent where he used to eat glass and dominate games. At SK Dele used to crash the boards as soon as a shot was unleashed, let's hope he stops hesitating and gets back to it.