CMA/STJ write up

• 71 replies

SJUFAN

« Last Edit: July 12, 2019, 01:16:36 PM by SJUFAN »

Marillac

Re: CMA/STJ write up
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2019, 10:29:04 PM »
Does it say anything about the worst recruiting class in SJU history? Jaylen Fisher committed to the powerful Grand Canyon University. I guess someone should have tweeted he was still available or told our staff he was a 2* JUCO to spark some interest.

SJUFAN

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2019, 02:22:28 AM »
Does it say anything about the worst recruiting class in SJU history? Jaylen Fisher committed to the powerful Grand Canyon University. I guess someone should have tweeted he was still available or told our staff he was a 2* JUCO to spark some interest.

Why does that matter? If he brings in higher rated players in the following years no one will care about his first class.

Marillac

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2019, 06:19:20 AM »
Why does that matter? If he brings in higher rated players in the following years no one will care about his first class.

Why does a bad recruiting class matter? Is this a serious question?

We have the best returning duo in the conference and pretty decent trio in Steere, Williams, and Wright. We needed two good grad transfers to make a March run.

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2019, 12:40:33 PM »

We have the best returning duo in the conference and pretty decent trio in Steere, Williams, and Wright. We needed two good grad transfers to make a March run.
He got the big he needed, Sears will produce, only reason he hasn’t been recruited was because his bad injury, if he comes back healthy he will be starting easily from day 1.

Foad

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2019, 01:03:26 PM »

He couldn't pass up the opportunity to play with Mikey Dixon.

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2019, 01:12:53 PM »

Are u really this dumb? We are lucky Anderson got ANYONE to sign on after the Mullin fiasco & the even bigger FIASCO - “the coaching search” lol... ur either brain dead or just plain clueless.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 01:14:44 PM by jd0871 »

Johnny23

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2019, 01:58:24 PM »

You said the same thing last year and we absolutely stunk down the stretch. We had no chance at making a run in March and it was glaringly obvious. LJ and Heron are good BE players but I'd put several other returning cores ahead of them. I'd take Akinjo, McClung and/or LeBlanc over them. Marshall and Jones from Xavier definitely over them. Marshall's probably a first rounder after this season if he keeps playing the way he did at the end of last year. Stud. Diallo and Watson from Providence. Powell and Sandro from the Hall too. Then LJ and Heron. This team has some solid personnel returning but Anderson has had to deal with the roster mismanagement leftovers of Mullin. This is why he had to get two PG's right off the bat and a solid big in Spears. He did the best he could given the late time of his hire and what was left out there. Now his coaching will come into play. This is an area where he should really shine and coach up a decent but not great roster.

Marillac

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2019, 03:50:17 PM »
Are u really this dumb? We are lucky Anderson got ANYONE to sign on after the Mullin fiasco & the even bigger FIASCO - “the coaching search” lol... ur either brain dead or just plain clueless.

Do you just cut and paste, Old Red? Take your meds and relax.

Marillac

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2019, 03:52:32 PM »
You said the same thing last year and we absolutely stunk down the stretch. We had no chance at making a run in March and it was glaringly obvious. LJ and Heron are good BE players but I'd put several other returning cores ahead of them. I'd take Akinjo, McClung and/or LeBlanc over them. Marshall and Jones from Xavier definitely over them. Marshall's probably a first rounder after this season if he keeps playing the way he did at the end of last year. Stud. Diallo and Watson from Providence. Powell and Sandro from the Hall too. Then LJ and Heron. This team has some solid personnel returning but Anderson has had to deal with the roster mismanagement leftovers of Mullin. This is why he had to get two PG's right off the bat and a solid big in Spears. He did the best he could given the late time of his hire and what was left out there. Now his coaching will come into play. This is an area where he should really shine and coach up a decent but not great roster.

We made the dance and could have beat ASU on a better shooting night. I hoped for better but this is St. John’s. Now we’re stuck with a staff that likely can coach but can’t recruit big-time players. It’s always something.

ras

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2019, 10:28:44 PM »
IMO too early to judge the staffs recruiting. Let’s see how they make out w the ‘20 class.

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2019, 09:24:33 AM »
Do you just cut and paste, Old Red? Take your meds and relax.
Great comeback bozo. U do realize U sound like a complete nice person when it comes to our future recruiting. Unlike that nice person Mullin who had a 5 foot midget recruiting jucos. Anderson has himself, Cleveland & two of the most EXPERIENCED east coast recruiters/coaches in Macon and DeMao on the job. They make Mullins staff look like a bunch of kindergartners u nice person. The amount of crow u will be eating will be hysterical. Anderson has done more recruiting himself in the last 6 months than Mullin & nice persons did in 4 years. The TRUTH hurts bozo.. :uglystupid2:
« Last Edit: July 15, 2019, 09:25:19 AM by Mullin77 »

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2019, 09:30:01 AM »
We made the dance and could have beat ASU on a better shooting night. I hoped for better but this is St. John’s. Now we’re stuck with a staff that likely can coach but can’t recruit big-time players. It’s always something.
Are u really this dumb?..lol.. Mullin couldn’t coach his way out of a paper bag & we had NO shot at beating ASU with a horrendous coaching staff and that punk Ponds already dreamin(LOL) about the NBA.... Ur a complete fool.

« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2019, 09:32:22 AM »
Exactly Johnny... don’t pay any attention to this nice person.

« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2019, 04:40:12 PM »

Actually Mullin and staff re-balanced scholarship mismanagement leftover by Lavin and Co. Anderson walked into a good thing.

TONYD3

« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2019, 08:28:28 PM »
Actually Mullin and staff re-balanced scholarship mismanagement leftover by Lavin and Co. Anderson walked into a good thing.
Actually mullin was the worst coach in school history.  Lavin won games. You people are crazy.
Mullin77 is right on!

Poison

« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2019, 09:21:30 PM »
Actually mullin was the worst coach in school history.  Lavin won games. You people are crazy.
Mullin77 is right on!

He was the second worst.

« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2019, 11:00:33 PM »
Norm was worse I think. Conference was a lot tougher so maybe too harsh to judge. Just happy we have new regime for now

« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2019, 11:57:04 PM »

Marillac is spot on. I talked to a good amount of college coaches this week who laughed at how bad the roster has rounded out.

Couldn't believe additions of Rutherford, Sears, or McGriff. A lot of low major schools said they wouldn't take any of them. One coach said when they played Monmouth last year they put in the game plan to not guard Rutherford because he was so bad and they were shocked at how many minutes he was getting. He didn't make a shot when they played them.

Another coach said that Sears would be the worst player NEC and a division II coach said he wasn't good enough to play for them.

I also didn't see any St. John's coaches the last 4 days.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2019, 01:14:41 AM »
Marillac is spot on. I talked to a good amount of college coaches this week who laughed at how bad the roster has rounded out.

Couldn't believe additions of Rutherford, Sears, or McGriff. A lot of low major schools said they wouldn't take any of them. One coach said when they played Monmouth last year they put in the game plan to not guard Rutherford because he was so bad and they were shocked at how many minutes he was getting. He didn't make a shot when they played them.

Another coach said that Sears would be the worst player NEC and a division II coach said he wasn't good enough to play for them.

I also didn't see any St. John's coaches the last 4 days.
Where have you been the last 4 days, at the track? Numerous reports had all 4 of our coaches out covering the various AAU events this past week including the Peach Jam in Virginia and CMA in Hoover, Alabama with pictures of the staff boarding a plane heading out to recruit.