[Game Discussion] Mercer

• 103 replies

Marillac

Re: [Game Discussion] Mercer
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2019, 07:04:13 PM »
Mercer is awful.
We don’t look like a squad that will have tremendous success pressing. We should produce plenty of deflections and looseball offense in scrambles though.

Roberts should thank whatever higher power he believes in for bringing him Anderson and this style of play.

Johnny23

« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2019, 07:06:14 PM »
What about shot selection. This is much better then going through the motions!

It's so refreshing to have real coaching.

Johnny23

« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2019, 07:11:26 PM »
Earlington cracking me up in a good way. Wow!

« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2019, 07:13:52 PM »
Love me sone Duke of Earlington

Marillac

« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2019, 07:14:26 PM »
Those of you who knocked Earlington, here’s a rag to wipe the shit off your faces.

TONYD3

« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2019, 07:16:45 PM »
Those of you who knocked Earlington, here’s a rag to wipe the shit off your faces.
How many 3’s has he chucked up so far? This kid is playing his role and playing excellent.

Marillac

« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2019, 07:16:56 PM »
It's so refreshing to have real coaching.

Lol you think this is coaching?
This is a superior team playing a shitball in a track meet. It’s actually been incredibly sloppy.

« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2019, 07:17:18 PM »
Weird how the offense looks better without Ponds dribbling for 25 seconds

« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2019, 07:18:44 PM »
This is a superior team playing a shitball in a track meet. It’s actually been incredibly sloppy.

Wow man
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

goredmen

« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2019, 07:20:11 PM »
Mercer is really bad so I'm going to personally pump the brakes on taking much away from this first half. Though the constant activity on defense and movement on offense is encouraging, as is guys actually attacking the offensive glass rather than retreating as soon as a shot goes up.

Johnny23

« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2019, 07:20:24 PM »

Then you clearly know nothing about the sport and should stop posting. If Mullin was still here it'd be real streetball, one on one iso crap and they'd most likely be in a dogfight. If you can't see the ball movement, pace, and defensive intensity improvements (regardless of who the opponent is) then you are just choosing not to see it.

TONYD3

« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2019, 07:24:52 PM »
You seem angry, why? You weren’t this angry last year. We are projected to finish in 9th place, isn’t this the kind of team we should schedule?

« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2019, 07:27:30 PM »
We dont have the horses to play with any good teams this year.  Some of the guys out there should not be getting real big east minutes.

With that said, they are playing hard and the coach isnt tying his shoes during the timeouts.

« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2019, 07:28:51 PM »
Then you clearly know nothing about the sport and should stop posting. If Mullin was still here it'd be real streetball, one on one iso crap and they'd most likely be in a dogfight. If you can't see the ball movement, pace, and defensive intensity improvements (regardless of who the opponent is) then you are just choosing not to see it.

Correct.  We all love mullin.  He is st johns.  But he couldnt coach my sons rec league team. 

« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2019, 07:36:00 PM »
Mercer is awful.
We don’t look like a squad that will have tremendous success pressing. We should produce plenty of deflections and looseball offense in scrambles though.

Roberts should thank whatever higher power he believes in for bringing him Anderson and this style of play.
The whole team and Johnny Nation should be thankful Anderson is our head coach compared to what has gone on here.

Poison

« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2019, 07:37:51 PM »
We dont have the horses to play with any good teams this year.  Some of the guys out there should not be getting real big east minutes.

With that said, they are playing hard and the coach isnt tying his shoes during the timeouts.

Who doesn’t deserve real minutes?

Marillac

« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2019, 07:39:38 PM »

We started 12-0 last year. Mercer is HORRIBLE. They were 11-20 last year and have a brand new coach.

You people are hysterical. It always has to be one polar position or the other. Anderson is obviously a better coach than Mullin and he has a system that will be more successful as I have acknowledged repeatedly. This is not a game that highlights this. I never praised Mullin’s coaching or system so please stop with those strawmen.

It is a sloppy track meet. The traps have been poor. The on-ball defense has been poor. The pressing hasn’t been crisp at all. The difference in this game is we have two All-Big East first team talents, 10 better athletes than their best athlete, and exponentially more skill from the forwards.

« Last Edit: November 06, 2019, 07:51:54 PM by Marillac »

« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2019, 07:45:15 PM »
Roberts looks much improved out there.

Greg Williams does nothing for me.  I felt the same way last year and I dont see any improvement.

Marillac

« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2019, 07:45:40 PM »
You seem angry, why? You weren’t this angry last year. We are projected to finish in 9th place, isn’t this the kind of team we should schedule?

I’m not angry at all. You are the one assigning a tone to my words.

I’ve seen some good things this game. I also understand that Mercer is a terrible team. We should schedule teams like these to start. Where have I ever said otherwise?

Our fans are nuts...that’s the problem. They get too high and too low.  There is very little that can can be taken from this game from a coaching or team standpoint. Individually we can extract some information. I predicted a blowout.

cjfish

« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2019, 07:49:24 PM »
Ponds was great but Mullin letting him control the ball too much led to poor ball movement and his teammates watching him.  Mullin was a poor coach and so far Anderson looks excellent.  Defense, hustle, ball movement,, chaos....I love it.  Have liked Earlington from the beginning and he is looking good.