[Game Discussion] Central Connecticut State

• 46 replies

cjfish

Re: [Game Discussion] Central Connecticut State
« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2019, 10:45:11 AM »
Im not shutting the door on him at all. He has the talent. Would just like him to concentrate on his d and attacking the hoop. His jumper won't help the team this yr. He just needs to slow the game down in his mind and make better decisions.

Mcgriff is the answer

« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2019, 11:51:41 AM »
Majority of the fan base has not.  He'll be a valuable contributor over the next 3 years as a floor and a very good player by the end of his career as his ceiling.  I think Anderson's system will be good for him.  Even if his jump shot does not progress this year as much as folks like, he'll add value on defense and with his athleticism.

We don’t have a choice. The kid is playing in his second game as a soph and he has been hurt most of the first month of practice. Let’s not throw dirt on him just yet. He’s the only kid that can defend Big East PGs well on the roster until Dunn gets cleared.

Let’s also not act like Dunn is some polished PG. He’s a lot like Williams. He’s best suited for picking his spots to attack the basket. He’s not someone with the skill set to drive 20+ times a game.

« Reply #42 on: November 10, 2019, 01:02:47 PM »
+1000. I’ll even quote it up top for you.

Majority of the fan base has not.  He'll be a valuable contributor over the next 3 years as a floor and a very good player by the end of his career as his ceiling.  I think Anderson's system will be good for him.  Even if his jump shot does not progress this year as much as folks like, he'll add value on defense and with his athleticism.

*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #43 on: November 10, 2019, 03:32:11 PM »
I wouldn't be so quick to take a position positively or negatively on any one player this early in the season.

I'm encouraged what I see from Roberts and think Williams needs to find what exactly his role is on this team.

I'm encouraged by Anderson's distribution of minutes but also don't know how this team would measure up against a team that is actually a challenge. I don't know if we have the horses right now to play exactly how he'd like too.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #44 on: November 10, 2019, 03:54:43 PM »
Other great signs so far is Mustapha and LJ being alphas. Great to see them being the leaders we all hoped they'd be
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Foad

« Reply #45 on: November 10, 2019, 04:05:15 PM »
St John's / Central Connecticut recap  http://www.bigeastboards.com/

« Reply #46 on: November 10, 2019, 06:17:07 PM »
I'm sure there will be more, but this might be a top 5 favorite if you write the rest of the season.  Too funny.

"LJF might want to consider a trim as well, because he looks like the best supporting actor in a beheading video"