Dream Team vs. Redeem Team

• 14 replies
Dream Team vs. Redeem Team
« on: August 25, 2008, 07:50:18 AM »
Would be a close game but I think the Dream Team wins 9 times out of 10. Besides Jordan, the Redeem team would have all sorts of trouble with Ewing and David Robinson imo

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/olympics/2008/08/24/dream.redeem/index.html#?eref=T1
Dream Team       vs. Redeem Team
Pos. Player          Pos. Player
G Magic Johnson   G Jason Kidd
G Michael Jordan   G Kobe Bryant
G John Stockton    G Chris Paul
G Clyde Drexler      G Dwyane Wade
F Scottie Pippen    G Deron Williams
F Larry Bird           G Michael Redd
F Charles Barkley    F LeBron James
F Karl Malone         F Carlos Boozer
F Chris Mullin         F Carmelo Anthony
F C. Laettner         F Tayshaun Prince
C Patrick Ewing      C Dwight Howard
C David Robinson    C/F Chris Bosh

Re: Dream Team vs. Redeem Team
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2008, 08:14:09 AM »
No disrespct to the shinwa gold medalists, but it wouldnt be close yo.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2008, 08:18:54 AM »
Dream team has better basketball players...Redeem Team has better athletes.  I would say Dream Team by double digits.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2008, 08:49:43 AM »
Redeem team couldnt pull away from Spain late in the 4th. The Dream Team never let it get close at any time in Barcelona...Dream Team wins by 15.

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2008, 09:10:31 AM »
Redeem team couldnt pull away from Spain late in the 4th. The Dream Team never let it get close at any time in Barcelona...Dream Team wins by 15.

I think thats more of a testament to the fact that the international teams are a lot better than they were in Barcelona.

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2008, 09:23:59 AM »

I think thats more of a testament to the fact that the international teams are a lot better than they were in Barcelona.

The Dream Team won the Olympic basketball tournament with an average margin of victory of 43.8 points and with coach Chuck Daly never using a timeout. Although International teams are much better, it was reflected in the stats. The Redeam Team dominated Group B in pool play, defeating China, Angola, Greece, world champion Spain, and Germany by an average of 32.2 points. The real separation IMO is the Gold Medal Game. DT dominated Croatia winning by 32 points in a 117-85 blowout to take the gold. Redeem Team could not pull away from Spain.

Croatia also had five current or future NBA players in Dražen Petrović, Toni Kukoč, Dino Radja, Stojko Vranković, and Žan Tabak), scoring 22 points.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 09:26:00 AM by NYCbuckeye »

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2008, 09:36:06 AM »
Theres no way Dwight Howard and/or Chris Bosh could hang with Patrick and the Admiral

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2008, 10:12:13 AM »
Theres no way Dwight Howard and/or Chris Bosh could hang with Patrick and the Admiral

Patrick Ewing and the Admiral are the least of the redeem teams problems...

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2008, 10:15:00 AM »

Patrick Ewing and the Admiral are the least of the redeem teams problems...

PG and the Center positions are the biggest mismatches I think. Nobody can check Jordan but Kobe might be able to slow him dow.

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2008, 10:20:09 AM »

The Dream Team won the Olympic basketball tournament with an average margin of victory of 43.8 points and with coach Chuck Daly never using a timeout. Although International teams are much better, it was reflected in the stats. The Redeam Team dominated Group B in pool play, defeating China, Angola, Greece, world champion Spain, and Germany by an average of 32.2 points. The real separation IMO is the Gold Medal Game. DT dominated Croatia winning by 32 points in a 117-85 blowout to take the gold. Redeem Team could not pull away from Spain.

Croatia also had five current or future NBA players in Dražen Petrović, Toni Kukoč, Dino Radja, Stojko Vranković, and Žan Tabak), scoring 22 points.

Fair enough...I agree the Dream Team is better...anytime you got Bird, Magic and Jordan on the same team its over

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2008, 11:14:55 AM »
Plus y'all got better shooters wit C-God, Bird and Stockton.

And some y'all may think they got theyselves betta athletes but c'mon yo... MJ... Clyde the Glide... Pippen... Mailman...

And evryone forgettin Charles Barkley who was really in my thought the best playa in '92. Had sometin to prove afta bein cut in '84.

Best eva. Dont think we'll eva see a team like '92 no mo. Tru.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

Randomhero423

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2008, 11:26:29 AM »
dream team by 15

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2008, 10:05:20 PM »
Dream Team had so much better guys up and down the roster. No way they could handle Ewing, Robinson, Barkley, and Malone. Also I'd like Jordan, Magic, Bird over Kobe, Lebron, Wade any day of the week.

Now I think the Dream Team was so much more seasoned. Redeem team is young....4 years down the road we could debate this again...
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2008, 10:26:29 PM »
Dream Team had so much better guys up and down the roster. No way they could handle Ewing, Robinson, Barkley, and Malone. Also I'd like Jordan, Magic, Bird over Kobe, Lebron, Wade any day of the week.

Now I think the Dream Team was so much more seasoned. Redeem team is young....4 years down the road we could debate this again...

Cmon Tayshaun Prince could guard Malone or Barkley

« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2008, 11:14:05 PM »
I would have chose a few other guys for this year's team as well. KG? Amare? Richard Hamilton? Ray Allen? Marcus Camby? Tyson Chandler?
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle