Xavier

• 10 replies
Xavier
« on: December 27, 2022, 02:42:26 PM »
Queen City 80
Queer City 70

Re: Xavier
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2022, 07:31:21 PM »
Gotta show something after that Nova loss.

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2022, 10:17:13 PM »
Making me feel really smart asking for Greg St Jean a few years ago.

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2022, 08:13:53 AM »
Making me feel really smart asking for Greg St Jean a few years ago.

Love Greg but I don't think he was ready for everything that came with it and that's not a slight because I think incredibly highly of him. We should have added an experience bench coach to Mullin and hell even before that to Lavin.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2022, 03:37:06 PM »
What happened to Posh? He's regressed so much.

Foad

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2022, 04:37:29 PM »
What happened to Posh? He's regressed so much.

I'll take who sucks at coaching for $800 Alex.

This coach took the Freshman of the Year, Sophomore Defensive Player of the year, and third year preseason first team all big east player and told him to completely change his game to flatter his stupid fugazi system.

WHAT IS MIKE ANDERSON?

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2022, 08:25:48 PM »
I'll take who sucks at coaching for $800 Alex.

This coach took the Freshman of the Year, Sophomore Defensive Player of the year, and third year preseason first team all big east player and told him to completely change his game to flatter his stupid fugazi system.

WHAT IS MIKE ANDERSON?

This would a funny post if it were not mostly true.
Ironically CMA would have had as much luck by playing Nyiwe at the 3 and Anyone but Posh at the 2.
The kid can't shoot and his only position is the point but this dumbass coach made some stupid deal to get Curbelo and is paying the price for flunking basketball chemistry 101.
Sadly on sheer talent Curbelo is the better player but has zero self control.

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2022, 12:12:19 PM »
Great news fellas. We may never dance again but more importantly they now sell beer at Alumni hall! I experienced the 1st time joy of this myself on Wednesday. No longer will i risk suffering a dangerously, precipitous drop in blood alchohol level during the two hour period away from my glove box bottle of Belvedere.  Things are certainly looking up at our program on Union and Utopia.

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2022, 12:47:59 PM »
 :D :D
Great news fellas. We may never dance again but more importantly they now sell beer at Alumni hall! I experienced the 1st time joy of this myself on Wednesday. No longer will i risk suffering a dangerously, precipitous drop in blood alchohol level during the two hour period away from my glove box bottle of Belvedere.  Things are certainly looking up at our program on Union and Utopia.

Something tells me you are being facetious  ;D
« Last Edit: December 30, 2022, 12:49:02 PM by Celtics11 »

Foad

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2022, 03:56:28 PM »
This would a funny post if it were not mostly true.

Mostly true? Which part isn't. ANSWER IN ALLCAPS, that's when you're at your best.

[...]

Sadly on sheer talent Curbelo is the better player but has zero self control.

1. Even if that were true, why is it sad?

2. Curbelo, let's see. Too too many tattoos? Check. Headband? Check. HD Vision Ultra Wraparound Sunglasses? Check. Complicated facial hair? Check. Behind the back pass to Row C? Check. Where's Bobby Kelly when you need him. Check.

Posh > Curbelo every day and twice on Sundays.

PS If you think this is bad, wait until next year, after Soriano Storr and Posh transfer. Good grief.

PPS Posh Posh Posh ... Joel Joel ... Posh ... Tez Tez Tez ... Joel

« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2022, 06:41:22 PM »
Mostly true? Which part isn't. ANSWER IN ALLCAPS, that's when you're at your best.

[...]

1. Even if that were true, why is it sad?

2. Curbelo, let's see. Too too many tattoos? Check. Headband? Check. HD Vision Ultra Wraparound Sunglasses? Check. Complicated facial hair? Check. Behind the back pass to Row C? Check. Where's Bobby Kelly when you need him. Check.

Posh > Curbelo every day and twice on Sundays.

PS If you think this is bad, wait until next year, after Soriano Storr and Posh transfer. Good grief.

PPS Posh Posh Posh ... Joel Joel ... Posh ... Tez Tez Tez ... Joel

1. Sad because AC has not been a team first player and tends to be a hot dog.  As point guards they tend to have similar assist and rebounding stats but as you deftly pointed out Posh has been played out of position and his stats at the 2 guard are horrendous.  Curbelo is shooting 31% from 3 while Posh is shooting 14.8%.  He is also shooting 36% fg while AC is shooting 45%.
From an overall game contribution comparison I would take AC over Posh at this point of the season but as I said, AC is a flashy Latino and does not mix well with the more hard-nosed Posh.

2. Your description of AC is pretty much on point. lmao.

3.  GET THE BALL TO TEZ AND STORR MORE!