Sarah Palin

• 85 replies
Sarah Palin
« on: September 04, 2008, 08:02:42 AM »
I didnt see her speech last night but from what I read in the papers this morning she kicked ass and pretty much owned Obama. I think McCain choosing her was genius and might pull him even with Obama at this point. Any thoughts ?

Re: Sarah Palin
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2008, 09:16:54 AM »
Feel bad fo her daughter.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2008, 10:05:17 AM »
It's an acceptance speech, they are always well-written... and owned Obama?  She threw some disses, putting down community organizing, saying that Obama hasn't passed any bills (check out http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2008/2/21/164117/783/290/461422), not mentioning that the guy was also a Constitutional Law prof. 

I don't know much more about her than I did before, but I do know she's planning on running as a "defiant outsider" which is cute and all, but how the hell does that help McCain with economic issues, or with foreign policy?  When she gets to the debates, she'd better have her talking points well-memorized and structured. 

And so you know, some fact-checking on last night:
http://news.yahoo.com/story/ap/20080904/ap_on_el_pr/cvn_fact_check/print

(and no mention of how Alaska survives on Federal funds as well - they're the handout state)
« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 10:27:48 AM by peter »

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2008, 10:48:40 AM »

Why? because she is pregnant? so what....

It's an acceptance speech, they are always well-written... and owned Obama?  She threw some disses, putting down community organizing, saying that Obama hasn't passed any bills (check out http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2008/2/21/164117/783/290/461422), not mentioning that the guy was also a Constitutional Law prof. 

I don't know much more about her than I did before, but I do know she's planning on running as a "defiant outsider" which is cute and all, but how the hell does that help McCain with economic issues, or with foreign policy?  When she gets to the debates, she'd better have her talking points well-memorized and structured. 

And so you know, some fact-checking on last night:
http://news.yahoo.com/story/ap/20080904/ap_on_el_pr/cvn_fact_check/print

(and no mention of how Alaska survives on Federal funds as well - they're the handout state)

Well Palin's governing record is much more extensive than Obama's well a lot of people have more governing experience than him. I liked when she said that they were dismissing her time she spent as mayor because it was her own town and she said if they would like to know what it entails she would let them know(meaning Obama/Biden have never done it).

I'm not republican nor am I a democrat. I'm really independent. I agree and disagree with many policies and philosophies. I have not the slightest clue where I'll give my vote but Palin's speech last night was impressive. I would say she owned Obama for now.

Also Rudy was bad last night but pretty funny.

Its going to be an interesting race but it makes me a little sick when the news keeps saying we're going to make history.(black president or woman vice) Who cares? I'm more concerned with foreign policy, national debt, etc. Lets focus on those issues and let history play out.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2008, 11:05:46 AM »
i love how palin's "administrative experience" keeps coming up.  she was mayor of an extremely small village...then spent less than two years as governor of a state where the population is about half of westchester's.

she's a heartbeat away from the white house and she's completely unqualified.  completely unqualified, unless any of you don't think the presidency is a big job.  bush didn't and you see where that got us.  she has fewer qualifications than he did.

the pundits call this pick a clever chess move by mccain.  that's because he knows where the pawns are going.

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2008, 11:09:02 AM »
i love how palin's "administrative experience" keeps coming up.  she was mayor of an extremely small village...then spent less than two years as governor of a state where the population is about half of westchester's.

she's a heartbeat away from the white house and she's completely unqualified.  completely unqualified, unless any of you don't think the presidency is a big job.  bush didn't and you see where that got us.  she has fewer qualifications than he did.

the pundits call this pick a clever chess move by mccain.  that's because he knows where the pawns are going.

She's done well in those positions. I believe she has an 80% approval rate in Alaska and she did a great job with their budget there were people actually got money back.

Either way I agree with what you've said however do you think Obama has more experience than her? Thats the scary question.

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2008, 11:14:55 AM »

She's done well in those positions. I believe she has an 80% approval rate in Alaska and she did a great job with their budget there were people actually got money back.

Either way I agree with what you've said however do you think Obama has more experience than her? Thats the scary question.
By the same token, then, she has more experience than McCain.  And this was the woman who answered a question about the VP spot by asking "what does the VP do?"  not a confidence builder.

You should check out some of the Ron Paul stuff - it's gotten NO press, but he has brilliant things to say about what the Republicans should be.  The small government ideas, the stay-out-of-my-life ethic, and the "why the crap would we bomb Iran?"  Iran has been conflated (IMO) into a threat that they are not - China and Russia are much more worry-worthy, as is our various economic issues.

Randomhero423

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2008, 11:15:32 AM »
if mccain thinks by getting palin they are going to get the hillary supporters they are dead wrong.

and the speech was written before mccain even selected a running mate.  palin's delivery wasn't good either. she may be pretty but i don't like her one bit.

Randomhero423

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2008, 11:16:18 AM »

By the same token, then, she has more experience than McCain.  And this was the woman who answered a question about the VP spot by asking "what does the VP do?"  not a confidence builder.

You should check out some of the Ron Paul stuff - it's gotten NO press, but he has brilliant things to say about what the Republicans should be.  The small government ideas, the stay-out-of-my-life ethic, and the "why the crap would we bomb Iran?"  Iran has been conflated (IMO) into a threat that they are not - China and Russia are much more worry-worthy, as is our various economic issues.

she didn't know mccain's stance on iraq, and she even admitted to "not putting much thought" into the war.

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2008, 11:19:10 AM »
if mccain thinks by getting palin they are going to get the hillary supporters they are dead wrong.

and the speech was written before mccain even selected a running mate.  palin's delivery wasn't good either. she may be pretty but i don't like her one bit.

you know when it was written how?

Why don't you like her?

« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2008, 11:25:49 AM »
i agree she has more "administrative" experience than obama and mccain.  so does the guy who owns the gas station i use.  mccain chose her because she's "not from washington".  she'll be completely lost in washington.  

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2008, 11:57:30 AM »
on the speech:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/09/03/AR2008090303516.html

Ms. Palin's speech will be scoured more microscopically than the typical vice presidential nominee's. But it's not realistic to view the speech as revealing much about her positions on issues or her capacity to be vice president. Mr. McCain's campaign manager, Rick Davis, noted in an interview with The Post this week that a "very masculine" draft of the speech had been written before Ms. Palin was chosen...

Randomhero423

« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2008, 11:58:18 AM »

you know when it was written how?

Why don't you like her?

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/postpartisan/2008/09/putting_words_in_palins_mouth.html

and i disagree with her on basically every single social issue, i don't like the delievery of her speeches (i may not like romney, huckabee or giluani, but they are good speakers.), and i think she is clueless to what's going on outside of alaska.

this will kill john mccain's chances of winning imo.  women already are offended and she will get killed by biden during debates

« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2008, 12:06:15 PM »
she won't get killed by biden.  she's an experienced on air personality (sportscaster).  this is a talent that shouldn't be underestimated.  ask ronald reagan supporters.

Randomhero423

« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2008, 12:08:55 PM »

Randomhero423

« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2008, 12:27:30 PM »

« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2008, 12:36:21 PM »

Why? because she is pregnant? so what....

'Casue evrybody is in her business now. Bad enuf you gotta deal wit bein a pregnant teen, but now the whole world know 'bout it and is writin 'bout it and pontificatin 'bout it and writin bout her baby's daddy and all. Messed up situation fo a 17 year old.

« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2008, 12:41:31 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQSG2APyi3U

not good at that either.

Yo, I thought Gary Grant was gonna be a NBA star. Fo real.

pmg911

« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2008, 12:51:23 PM »
http://www.mcclatchydc.com/homepage/story/51665.html

its to bad you are not old enough to vote. .  one less Democrat..   so sad..

Randomhero423

« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2008, 04:37:00 PM »
it's alright NY doesn't need me. :)