St. John's Announces '08-'09 Men's Basketball Schedule

• 2 replies

oldred10

• Ya Gotta Believe!!!

"If u LOVE us that's GREAT... if u HATE us that's GREAT too... if ur in the middle... get the F*CK out!!" - Paul Stanley, KISS

Re: St. John's Announces '08-'09 Men's Basketball Schedule
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2008, 08:39:30 AM »
this is an outstanding schedule. 
we have eight of our most winnable games at carnesecca arena...including seton hall.  i'd love to have been there to see gonzo's face when he learned he's coming back to c-a.

if i have to nitpick...why are we rewarding teams that dumped and almost destroyed big east football with visits to madison square garden?  miami didn't need us...we don't need them.   and tell virginia tech to stay home. 

Re: St. John's Announces '08-'09 Men's Basketball Schedule
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2008, 10:15:21 AM »
this is an outstanding schedule. 
we have eight of our most winnable games at carnesecca arena...including seton hall.  i'd love to have been there to see gonzo's face when he learned he's coming back to c-a.

if i have to nitpick...why are we rewarding teams that dumped and almost destroyed big east football with visits to madison square garden?  miami didn't need us...we don't need them.   and tell virginia tech to stay home. 

I didn't think of that...we are playing all 3 teams that left the Big East...of course that assumes we will beat Cornell.

And Gonzo sealed his fate to never play at MSG with those comments last year.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!