DJ Kennedy is getting big

• 43 replies

oldred10

• Ya Gotta Believe!!!
Re: DJ Kennedy is getting big
« Reply #40 on: September 07, 2008, 09:08:02 AM »

Its not like DJ is looking like this. If he did then you'd have a point but he is basically catching up to what Big East players should look like. You complain when our players don't develop and you complain when they do. Sure this time its a physical development but it should help his style of play no doubt.

U nailed it again JJ... this is much ado about NOTHING.. ::) ... Trust me, this strength & conditioning coach KNOWS what he's doing. And all DJ has done is put on the NECASSARY amount of weight/muscle for "battle" in the Big East... and he has NOT sacrificed any of his "flexibility" in the process. Plus, kob has told us & i have heard the same thing.... that he has definitely IMPROVED his "j" over the summer.... please, stop the MADNESS!!.. lol ... peace!

"Scoop Jardine and Arinze Onuaku sandwich D.J.Kennedy in a battle for a rebound in second half action Carrier Dome."

p.s. - this is WHY he hit the gym "hard" this off season... so he can grab that board & finish against 'cuse.. ;) .. peace!

"If u LOVE us that's GREAT... if u HATE us that's GREAT too... if ur in the middle... get the F*CK out!!" - Paul Stanley, KISS

pmg911

« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2008, 11:13:55 AM »
how does gaining weight help with shooting?  i'm asking this respectifully, since you coach and i don't.  maybe others who know can answer.

geno seemed to get bigger and stronger every year...but his shot, if i remember correctly, remained the same.

The bulking up could impact mechanics of shooting, in a negative way....    I have seen it happen many times before...

Its not like DJ is looking like this. If he did then you'd have a point but he is basically catching up to what Big East players should look like. You complain when our players don't develop and you complain when they do. Sure this time its a physical development but it should help his style of play no doubt.

Developing as a player and developing a physically are two different things...

You can tell me anything you like..       adding bulk to your body can screw you up on the court...  especially shooting the ball    its not like the kid is a power forward. .  he is a 6'5 wing player who needs a better jump shot...   

Its not the Kennedy didn't prove himself plenty strong last season...

AND. . I never said it will cause a problem. . I said it CAN can cause a problem...

« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2008, 11:43:16 AM »
Developing physically can help you develop as a player. Adding bulk to a player like DJ Kennedy someone who looked outmuscled at times in Big East play. He is working hard to get a Big East body and in no way shape or form is this going to effect his jump shot negatively. Also is DJ shrinking now? He is listed at 6'6 and I know you make a big deal out of a guy being an inch or 2 shorter(see Sean Evans) so this why I mention it.

Also Kennedy didn't prove himself strong. If I had tape I'd show how many times he missed and 1 opportunities and how many times he got into the lane and couldn't get a shot off.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

pmg911

« Reply #43 on: September 08, 2008, 02:23:16 PM »
Developing physically can help you develop as a player. Adding bulk to a player like DJ Kennedy someone who looked outmuscled at times in Big East play. He is working hard to get a Big East body and in no way shape or form is this going to effect his jump shot negatively. Also is DJ shrinking now? He is listed at 6'6 and I know you make a big deal out of a guy being an inch or 2 shorter(see Sean Evans) so this why I mention it.

Also Kennedy didn't prove himself strong. If I had tape I'd show how many times he missed and 1 opportunities and how many times he got into the lane and couldn't get a shot off.

JJ. . you know.. .  you definitely have your arguing cap on today..  good for you...

You are not getting my point...   there is a massive differnce between BIG EAST body and just adding bulk or bulking up..       I never said developing a better body is bad for a shot. . I said adding bulk CAN BE BAD...   and if you don't think adding bulk can screw with a jumper you honestly don't get the game as much as I thought you did...

A better body can be a leaner and strong body...   a leaner body can add both quickness and strength...

DJ certainly did prove himself strong last year...   did you honestly expect a thrid tier freshman recruit to come into the Big East and kick ass...    this kid certainly held more than his own in the paint...   its not like he is or will ever expected to be a power forward...