Bob Hurley Sr.

• 14 replies
Bob Hurley Sr.
« on: September 10, 2008, 11:54:13 AM »
http://www.zagsblog.net/2008/09/10/hurley-on-cheeks-seton-hall-visit/#more-3371

Its been said here before that Hurley wouldnt send a player to St Johns again. So let me ask this, why in the world would he send Dominic Cheek to play for Gonzo at Seton Hall with the rest of the thugs? Doesnt make much sense to me.

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
Re: Bob Hurley Sr.
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2008, 11:57:55 AM »
Having a beef with one coach or one program doesn't preclude sending a player to a similarly "up and coming" program.  It's in Jersey as well.  Perhaps Bobby has a better relationship with the coach.

Randomhero423

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2008, 12:37:54 PM »
well he already sent eugene harvey to SHU. 

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2008, 12:43:42 PM »

Hows it working out for him

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2008, 12:53:18 PM »

That was DANNY Hurley that sent NuNu to SHU.  Harvey went to St. Benedict's
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2008, 01:08:52 PM »

That was DANNY Hurley that sent NuNu to SHU.  Harvey went to St. Benedict's
Coach Bob Hurley was publicly critical of SH when they didn't employ his son, Dan, an alumnus, and so Danny went to work instead for Kevin Bannon.

pmg911

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2008, 01:21:40 PM »

Its been said here before that Hurley wouldnt send a player to St Johns again. So let me ask this, why in the world would he send Dominic Cheek to play for Gonzo at Seton Hall with the rest of the thugs? Doesnt make much sense to me.

Because when/if Gonzo blows up..  that job will be Danny's to take or turn down...

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2008, 01:36:19 PM »

Because when/if Gonzo blows up..  that job will be Danny's to take or turn down...

?? Im confused. Youre saying Hurley Sr will send kids to Seton Hall so his son will be considered for the job when Gonzo gets canned?

pmg911

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2008, 02:33:44 PM »

?? Im confused. Youre saying Hurley Sr will send kids to Seton Hall so his son will be considered for the job when Gonzo gets canned?

Marco guess you aren't getting the sarcasm...   doesn't matter though...

Hurley is a NJ guy..   he is loyal to NJ. . and Hall & Rutgers are his local Big East programs...   

Why wouldn't Hurley send kids to Seton Hall ..   have they ever burned a St. Anthony player...?

and YES..   while I can't say it for fact...  I am sure Hurley senior is well aware that Danny is line for the SH job if Gonzo is ever out of there...

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2008, 02:51:29 PM »

Marco guess you aren't getting the sarcasm...   doesn't matter though...

Hurley is a NJ guy..   he is loyal to NJ. . and Hall & Rutgers are his local Big East programs...  

Why wouldn't Hurley send kids to Seton Hall ..   have they ever burned a St. Anthony player...?

and YES..   while I can't say it for fact...  I am sure Hurley senior is well aware that Danny is line for the SH job if Gonzo is ever out of there...

Maybe your right, its not long before Gonzo is gone imo. He has 9 scholarship player this season

kob24

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2008, 04:31:27 PM »
cheeks is gonna go to nova I think

Randomhero423

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2008, 04:33:50 PM »
whoops made a mistake.

well cheek could help change that program.  and i don't remember SHU doing any specfic to one of his players.

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2008, 04:51:55 PM »
That would be a hell of a recruiting class for 'Nova.

« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2008, 04:58:36 PM »
Lotta peeps out there 'fraid of sendin they kids to Bobby G after the way he conduct hisself.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2008, 05:57:47 PM »
Gonzo is a nut job...and if his team "disappoints" again I could see him getting walking papers.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!