Student Pep Rally - Stormfest

• 164 replies
Re: Student Pep Rally - Stormfest
« Reply #140 on: September 26, 2008, 09:56:17 PM »
Whoaaaaa, hold on folks. This was a scrimmage in which absolutely NO defense was played so there is very little to nothing substantial that can be learned about the players other than their physical conditioning.  Wait looked like he was in pretty decent shape and has added muscle to his frame.
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

« Reply #141 on: September 26, 2008, 10:44:43 PM »
I just got back home now I actually spent the night in NY. I will have a detailed write up on the site by morning.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #142 on: September 26, 2008, 11:07:15 PM »
I just got back home now I actually spent the night in NY. I will have a detailed write up on the site by morning.

Spent the night in Long Beach with the Beast

« Reply #143 on: September 26, 2008, 11:11:01 PM »

Spent the night in Long Beach with the Beast

Marco Baldi ladies and gentlemen. He's here 7 days week for your comedic entertainment

« Reply #144 on: September 26, 2008, 11:20:08 PM »
anyone else see phill shake,cross over i think evans then drop a deep trey on his head. he got skills and he almost 7 feet 2. up to coach to find ways to get him some burn.

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #145 on: September 26, 2008, 11:29:55 PM »
anyone else see phill shake,cross over i think evans then drop a deep trey on his head. he got skills and he almost 7 feet 2. up to coach to find ways to get him some burn.
wait... he did WHAT?!

« Reply #146 on: September 26, 2008, 11:36:54 PM »
wait... he did WHAT?!

i know i was shocked also. he only touched the rock a few times. but he got good hands. and lookd bigger/stronger than i thought. imo he playing quality minutes come big east play.

« Reply #147 on: September 26, 2008, 11:50:50 PM »
wait... he did WHAT?!

Yea they were joking around and Phil was crossing it over in between his legs and head bobbing very much and 1 style and he just popped a three right in his face swish and he ran back down the court dancing. He is a funny dude. Also this got Lance out of his seat laughing and cheering.

kob24

« Reply #148 on: September 27, 2008, 12:19:00 AM »
he isn't ready yet fellas trust me

« Reply #149 on: September 27, 2008, 12:25:59 AM »

he aint ready fr primetime for sure. but i think guy with his skils n size can give sju minutes in thee post. like the ol saying goes- u cant teach height.  he could help us by thge end of th year. jmho.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2008, 12:27:52 AM by ronnie »

« Reply #150 on: September 27, 2008, 12:46:08 AM »

I don't think he is ready to dominate but I think he is ready to contribute. After seeing Dele yesterday, not even oldred could over hype, and how good of shape he is in. He looks like a new person.

I think we see Coker/Burrell starting with Evans coming in off the bench. I think Wait contributes maybe 8-10 mpg but it shouldn't be a big drop off I think he can be productive when he is in there. If he adds size I think he can be a pretty good player in the Big East but right now he isn't strong enough to really board and get position in the post as effectively as others. I think he has potential though and he gets off the floor much better than Tomas. I don't think Tomas sees the hardwood this year.

« Reply #151 on: September 27, 2008, 01:04:39 AM »
Who would you compares Waits game to?

« Reply #152 on: September 27, 2008, 01:20:20 AM »
Who would you compares Waits game to?

Its tough to draw comparisons with what I saw yesterday especially like Theo said no one played defense except when they did a little trap when Burrell was playing PG. The game was fun and I think we got a really good group of guys who all like each other and hopefully that chemistry rolls off onto the court. I said it before I think Wait could have a career line like Aaron Gray. He didn't do too much his freshman year but steadily put on size and got better.

kob24

« Reply #153 on: September 27, 2008, 08:05:44 AM »
tomas is gonna see more minutes than phil. Phil is good he is gonna be very good next year. He is just not strong enough this year. All he can do right now is shoot the 10-15 footer and he has good hands but he isn't a good blocker right now and he is gonna get out muscled big time. But with the strength coach they have I have no doubt in my mind he is gonna be the starting center next year and dele will come off the bench. Wait has way more talent but u can't do much with out muscle at this level

« Reply #154 on: September 28, 2008, 09:07:15 AM »
I've published a recap of the the event on the website hopefully most of your questions can be answered there.

www.johnnyjungle.com

Randomhero423

« Reply #155 on: September 28, 2008, 02:04:58 PM »
well wait should be better than TJ...

gonzalo

« Reply #156 on: September 28, 2008, 02:35:52 PM »
I've published a recap of the the event on the website hopefully most of your questions can be answered there.

www.johnnyjungle.com

Thanks for the recap. Although I´m worried about Thomas and Edmonson.

« Reply #157 on: September 28, 2008, 11:29:52 PM »

www.johnnyjungle.com

Yo, was they wearin they unis backwards or is that the way they is, wit they names up front?
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

« Reply #158 on: September 29, 2008, 10:57:14 AM »

www.johnnyjungle.com

Yo, was they wearin they unis backwards or is that the way they is, wit they names up front?

They were rocking the jersey's backwards in that pic.

I thought all the guys looked bigger on Thursday and not bad big. They looked more like men then freshman boys except Edmondson.

kob24

« Reply #159 on: September 30, 2008, 10:34:43 AM »
lmao malik and justin are idiots