Five Boro Sports

• 18 replies
Five Boro Sports
« on: September 19, 2008, 10:34:23 PM »
Great new site that just launched today co created by some St. John's Alumni that will be covering all high school and college sports in NYC. Check it out!

http://www.fiveborosports.com/ssp/home
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Re: Five Boro Sports
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2008, 10:41:28 PM »
Looks like it should be great, I see they have message boards coming soon. ut oh

Randomhero423

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2008, 10:42:41 PM »
nice to see xavier #10 for chsaa football.  

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2008, 10:54:34 PM »

Even better seeing St Francis Prep # 5.  SFP will spank that sissy school

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2008, 09:12:04 AM »
Apparently the St. Francis RB is pretty nasty. Is football big in that area?
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2008, 09:38:00 AM »
Marc, Zach and Dylan are some of the better writers in the area with great connections.  I think that site will thrive. Congrats to them.
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

pmg911

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2008, 09:45:23 AM »
Apparently the St. Francis RB is pretty nasty. Is football big in that area?

St. Francis Prep used to be a city powerhouse in footbal but its not the case any more...   the school is not nearly as commited to the football program, or any sports program for that matter, as they used to be...

Xavier is making a huge push to develop its football program but they are fighting a massive uphill battle...

Randomhero423

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2008, 09:55:35 AM »
xavier should be very good this year.  i've heard their D is their achille's heel though.

Randomhero423

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2008, 06:41:04 PM »
http://www.fiveborosports.com/ssp/athlete_of_the_week?id=6

he's a cool guy.  was in a few of his freshman classes and his locker is rite nxt to me.  congrats to him!

Marillac

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2008, 07:42:18 PM »

And Monroe-Woodbury is ranked above both in the NYS and Tri-State polls.  M-W would run wild on both.  The QB is top 50 in the country by the Sporting News. 

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2008, 09:01:18 PM »

And Monroe-Woodbury is ranked above both in the NYS and Tri-State polls.  M-W would run wild on both.  The QB is top 50 in the country by the Sporting News. 

Scalo is an animal.  I have known him since he was like 12.

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2008, 09:10:15 PM »

Any bigs recruiting him?

Marillac

« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2008, 11:58:58 PM »

I played with two of his brothers at M-W.  Personally, I liked the QB before me who got a full ride to UMass, Kelly Seibert, and my QB who won the NYS AA Player of the Year, Andre McCleod better, but Scalo is impressive.  1,500 yards rushing and 1,000 passing as a soph is very impressive.  Greg Sullivan, who started before Scalo, is tearing it up at Colgate as a dual threat and that has to help Scalo's recruitment. 

Marillac

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2008, 12:01:27 AM »

Any bigs recruiting him?

Not sure. I haven't spoke to his familky in a while.  I would assume so. M-W has a ridiculous line of QB's went on to play in college.  I know the kicker just broke the NYS record for consecutive extra points and he is going to go somewhere huge and a CB is about to sign with Eastern Michigan.  There is also a offensive lineman playing at Maryland and a handful of other kids playing in college. 

Randomhero423

« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2008, 10:25:48 PM »
"Xavier romped Cardinal Hayes 86-42 over the weekend. Remember, we are talking football here, not basketball. The 86 point total is a school record. Seamus Kelly once again led the Knights with 8 touchdowns (which should also be a school record). That puts Xavier at a 4 and 1 league record and sends a message to the rest of the league after last weekends heartbreaking loss to St. John the Baptist."

8 touchdowns.... wow.....

« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2008, 10:28:12 PM »
"Xavier romped Cardinal Hayes 86-42 over the weekend. Remember, we are talking football here, not basketball. The 86 point total is a school record. Seamus Kelly once again led the Knights with 8 touchdowns (which should also be a school record). That puts Xavier at a 4 and 1 league record and sends a message to the rest of the league after last weekends heartbreaking loss to St. John the Baptist."

Wow they also gave up a shtload of points probably to a terrible team. Play some D

Marillac

« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2008, 10:29:30 PM »

One short of the NYS record held by Gwaltney from LI.  A kid from Eldred ran for 498 yards and 8 TD's in a very close win last week in section 9.  

Randomhero423

« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2008, 10:34:08 PM »

Wow they also gave up a shtload of points probably to a terrible team. Play some D

actually.  www.nycfootball.com said hayes/xavier was the "game of the week" so they aren't terrible.  http://nycfootball.nycsportsnews.com/articles/details.htm?id=2300

but yeah their D needs to step up.  i gotta ask around and see what's going on.

498 yards and 8 td's?  that's ridiculous. 

Marillac

« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2008, 10:53:38 PM »

actually.  www.nycfootball.com said hayes/xavier was the "game of the week" so they aren't terrible.  http://nycfootball.nycsportsnews.com/articles/details.htm?id=2300

but yeah their D needs to step up.  i gotta ask around and see what's going on.

498 yards and 8 td's?  that's ridiculous. 

Oops, Millbrook was the school and it was 485 yards and 8 TD's and 5 two point conversions--and they only won by a few points.  I don't take these crazy numbers too seriously. 

I remember when Dwone Hicks broke the NYS rushing record which was then 386 yards and the very next week we (Monroe-Woodbury) held him to 12 yards on 20+ carries.  Hicks went on to have quite a career and was an eventual Heisman candidate at  MTSU and had a cup of coffee in the NFL, but that is the difference between playing a good AA team and a poor class B team.