Arsalan Kazemi - SF - Patterson School (NC) - Isfahan, IRAN - RICE

• 18 replies

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
Arsalan Kazemi - SF - Patterson School (NC) - Isfahan, IRAN - RICE
« on: September 26, 2008, 03:27:16 PM »
St. John's is looking at the Iranian forward.

http://www.zagsblog.net/2008/09/26/kazemi-has-american-hoop-dreams/

“Standford, Louisville, Seton Hall, Maryland, Rice, Syracuse, UConn, Rutgers, St. John’s, Oklahoma State, Missouri, they’re all recruiting him,” Ibrahim said by phone, adding that Chris Casey and Kimani Young of St. John’s, and Jimmy Carr from Rutgers “call me almost on a daily basis.”

Seton Hall has been on him since the beginning.  For more on Kazemi's story, read Luke Winn's article, http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/luke_winn/07/15/kazemi/index.html
« Last Edit: October 31, 2008, 09:21:10 PM by kjd01067 »

Re: Arsalan Kazemi - SF - Patterson School (NC) - Isfahan, IRAN
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2008, 05:35:05 PM »
Whateva happens to this brotha, I hope he see the virtue of the US and show all that and then some to his fella countrymen back in the Iran.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

Randomhero423

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2008, 06:04:09 PM »
i know memphis just signed a iranian big man.

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2008, 07:36:50 PM »
Yeah, in the SI article Winn talks about how Kazemi will be following that guy.  Is he any good?  Can he keep the nation from seeing the hacking talents of Marc Gasol (he was terrible in the Olympics, that crap won't fly in the NBA)?

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2008, 12:19:32 AM »
Whateva happens to this brotha, I hope he see the virtue of the US and show all that and then some to his fella countrymen back in the Iran.

much respect choz for speaking the truth. that is some deep shiit my brotha.

well i hope mr kazemi can see the virtue in playing ball in the biggest melting pot on the earth- new york city.  dont we have a little iran in lower queens? 8)
« Last Edit: September 27, 2008, 12:20:13 AM by ronnie »

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2008, 07:55:16 AM »

much respect choz for speaking the truth. that is some deep shiit my brotha.

well i hope mr kazemi can see the virtue in playing ball in the biggest melting pot on the earth- new york city.  dont we have a little iran in lower queens? 8)

Damn right Queens does (made the point on the blog - free plug!).  It's not like LA's, though.

*fixed your misusage of the quote button
« Last Edit: September 27, 2008, 06:54:44 PM by JJ »

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2008, 06:44:04 PM »
Yeah, in the SI article Winn talks about how Kazemi will be following that guy.  Is he any good?  Can he keep the nation from seeing the hacking talents of Marc Gasol (he was terrible in the Olympics, that crap won't fly in the NBA)?

I like Marc's game he reminded me of Spanish Oakley

Iranians are not a threat don't listen to political propaganda 
Attack basketball, pressure defense, 40 minutes of hell ... Early on it might be 30 minutes of hell, then 10 minutes of what the hell are you doing?"

pmg911

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2008, 07:52:04 AM »

Iranians are not a threat don't listen to political propaganda 

So Iran is a threat but Iranians are not..?

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2008, 07:59:25 AM »
Leadership is wack but not all the Iranian beeps are nuts or anytin. C'mon now...
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

pmg911

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2008, 01:50:46 PM »
Leadership is wack but not all the Iranian beeps are nuts or anytin. C'mon now...

Unfortunately..   in today's world. .  its is all but impossible to seperate that for Americans...

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2008, 02:59:32 PM »

Unfortunately..   in today's world. .  its is all but impossible to seperate that for Americans...

That's unfortunate but likely true.  Just count yourself lucky that the rest of the world doesn't think of all Americans the way the do our leadership.

Randomhero423

« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2008, 07:24:17 PM »
people in the world are very angry at americans for reelecting bush and therefore think we are dumb.

« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2008, 10:53:18 PM »
agreed, the world thinks america is dumb and mean-spirited...but they love everything american, including the people.

« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2008, 07:09:25 PM »
http://proxy.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/basketball/mens/news/story?id=3646885

• One of the most all-around talented players was Patterson's 6-8 Sr. P/WF Araslan Kazemi, a native of Iran. Kazemi has the ability to score from inside or out, has excellent ballhandling and passing skills, and was very effective on the boards.He is a slasher with impressive dribble-drive moves to the hoop. He has a superb feel for the game and is a good offensive rebounder. On hand to watch Kazemi last night were Maryland, Seton Hall, Wake Forest, Memphis, and others.

kjd01067

« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2008, 09:20:57 PM »
http://www.zagsblog.com/2008/10/31/arsalan-kazemi-to-rice/#more-6057

Kazemi made a verbal commitment to Rice Friday during an official visit to the Houston school.

He chose Rice over Seton Hall, which he visited officially last weekend, and Maryland, which he was slated to visit the weekend of Nov. 7.

Re: Arsalan Kazemi - SF - Patterson School (NC) - Isfahan, IRAN - RICE
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2008, 09:26:33 PM »
I love the Rice Men's and Women's basketball programs. Good get for them.

« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2008, 10:16:02 PM »
http://www.zagsblog.com/2008/10/31/arsalan-kazemi-to-rice/#more-6057

Kazemi made a verbal commitment to Rice Friday during an official visit to the Houston school.

He chose Rice over Seton Hall, which he visited officially last weekend, and Maryland, which he was slated to visit the weekend of Nov. 7.

Nice. ;)

« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2008, 10:34:10 PM »

Great get for them - Ben Braun has instantly improved their recruiting.

Question though....why do you love their programs? Rice has pretty much sucked forever - if it were not for Morris Almond giving them some respectability a few years ago there would be absolutely nothing to love or even like imho. Now their baseball program on the other hand...talk about powerhouse

« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2008, 10:56:47 PM »

Great get for them - Ben Braun has instantly improved their recruiting.

My bad.....I was thinking Baylor not Rice. My bad.

Question though....why do you love their programs? Rice has pretty much sucked forever - if it were not for Morris Almond giving them some respectability a few years ago there would be absolutely nothing to love or even like imho. Now their baseball program on the other hand...talk about powerhouse