Johnnies are on -Q-

• 32 replies

LJSA

Re: Johnnies are on -Q-
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2008, 11:59:32 PM »
I remember the CTK-Harrisburg game a few years ago.  The Harrisburg guards were more than Boothe and Walker could handle, but I don't think Q was one of them.  I think he was frimly on the bench then.  Can anybody confirm this? 

I didn't see the game, but if I remember correctly, he didn't even average 9 ppg as a junior, so that sounds like a bench player to me.

« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2008, 09:10:54 AM »
I remember the CTK-Harrisburg game a few years ago.  The Harrisburg guards were more than Boothe and Walker could handle, but I don't think Q was one of them.  I think he was frimly on the bench then.  Can anybody confirm this?

Also, I just don't see anybody taking minutes away from Kennedy.  Norm seems to love his style of play.  It'll make things interesting for sure as we don't really have a pure SG on the roster and both Kennedy and Mason seem better suited for SF. 

I believe he is #10...He definitely played and contributed during his junior year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiMum2Tf-jQ

When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2008, 10:10:22 AM »
I was at the game where that video clip was taken.^

Dajuan Blair was an absolute beast.  He had something like 43 and 19 that game.
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2008, 11:41:21 AM »

I don't think Blair played for Harrisburg

pmg911

« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2008, 11:48:18 AM »

I don't think Blair played for Harrisburg

i thought he went to Schenley HS with DJ Kennedy

« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2008, 11:49:29 AM »
Perhaps Schenley also played that night?
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

kjd01067

« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2008, 12:24:06 PM »

« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2008, 12:36:37 PM »
I don't know about Q.... All I know is that I want to see our team boxing out for rebounds this year. Which... I think they were inconsistent with last year.

I can definitely see more pressure defense and better ball handling/passing/less turnovers with Boothe running the show.

If they can do this... hit from the stripe a decent % and just slightly improve on the team's shooting % (which IMO we will do because of Boothe's passing abilities) ... we might pull out a few extra wins than last year.

« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2008, 02:53:34 PM »

That's probably what he meant.

Based on Q's clips on youtube...it doesn't look like he played much D in high school.  He might want to talk to Larry Wright about what happens if you don't play D at St. John's.

But it looks like he's got good size and some offensive skills.  Lets hope he can make a quick transition to the Big East because we need a shooter to replace Wright or it could be a really long year.

« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2008, 03:44:59 PM »

That's probably what he meant.

Based on Q's clips on youtube...it doesn't look like he played much D in high school.  He might want to talk to Larry Wright about what happens if you don't play D at St. John's.

But it looks like he's got good size and some offensive skills.  Lets hope he can make a quick transition to the Big East because we need a shooter to replace Wright or it could be a really long year.

I think Q will be a good defender. I think you throw Boothe, Roberts, Horne out there for a real high intensity press we could do some damage. I said it before Q reminds me of a more polished Ced Jackson. I think he will benefit with a year of training at the collegiate level. 

Randomhero423

« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2008, 11:35:29 PM »
will he be our best freshman this year by far?

« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2008, 12:07:22 AM »
My bad, I thought they were playing Schenley. 
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2008, 12:53:55 AM »
will he be our best freshman this year by far?

Far too early to tell.