St. John's Columbus Day Float?

• 23 replies
Re: St. John's Columbus Day Float?
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2008, 12:12:50 AM »
killing without intent? Please, the man made the decision to drink and hold the shotgun.  No excuses.  He's a grown man and must be held responsible for his actions.  I hate it when I hear people using alcohol as an excuse for making ridiculous decisions.  He knew the consequences that drinking alcohol excessively brings, which is losing control of your own decision making.  He made the decision to drink that day and has to be held accountable.  I love our American process of law, but how any jury can dismiss this man of the most serious charges boggles my mind and how any jury can deadlock on reckless manslaughter is also outrageous, in my opinion. 

The point I'm trying to make is why would St. John's choose this guy to represent them?
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2008, 12:18:51 AM »
killing without intent? Please, the man made the decision to drink and hold the shotgun.  No excuses.  He's a grown man and must be held responsible for his actions.  I hate it when I hear people using alcohol as an excuse for making ridiculous decisions.  He knew the consequences that drinking alcohol excessively brings, which is losing control of your own decision making.  He made the decision to drink that day and has to be held accountable.  I love our American process of law, but how any jury can dismiss this man of the most serious charges boggles my mind and how any jury can deadlock on reckless manslaughter is also outrageous, in my opinion. 

The point I'm trying to make is why would St. John's choose this guy to represent them?

I'll tell you this, I wouldnt want to be the guy driving that float. He should wear a bulletproof vest
« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 12:21:24 AM by Marco Baldi »

Randomhero423

« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2008, 03:39:57 PM »
if i knew the deceased obviously i would be more bitter towards the situation. 

So you have no respect for life unless you know the person? I wouldn't want to see you in a dark alley or have you in the trench with me.

oh please stop trying to act like a saint.  obviously i care for the guy's life but i've never met or heard of the guy before.  why should i be emotionally distraught about him dieing if i've never met or heard of him?  obviously i'd feel a bit sad about it, but it'd be completely different if i knew him or if someone i know personally knows him.