Best College Shooters of All time

• 43 replies
Re: Best College Shooters of All time
« Reply #40 on: October 23, 2008, 12:17:50 PM »
and 6/7 versus Uconn.

You are young aren't you.   ;) 

I suppose the fact that he wasn't even in the top 20 nationally last year is immaterial as to whether he was the best all time as well. 

« Reply #41 on: October 23, 2008, 01:46:07 PM »
and 6/7 versus Uconn.

You are young aren't you.   ;) 

I suppose the fact that he wasn't even in the top 20 nationally last year is immaterial as to whether he was the best all time as well. 

I think he has a little man crush on him since he interviewed him the other day. He is a great shooter but I wouldn't consider him in the best all time.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Randomhero423

« Reply #42 on: October 23, 2008, 03:14:41 PM »
it may be a stretch but i think he's a better shooter then stephen curry.

« Reply #43 on: October 23, 2008, 03:29:20 PM »
Re: Kevin Houston. The year he led the nation in scoring, he also led the nation in free-throw shooting. He was just a great all-around shooter.

Army also had a great player in the late '70s named Gary Winton. Not a shooter at all, but a 6-5 battering ram who went 2,000-plus points and 1,000-plus rebounds in his career. He was a load who got all his points within five feet of the basket. Terrible foul shooter, though, and he went to the line a lot. He would pummel Seton Hall; the Pirates would always lose the first one or two games after playing Army. Mainly because Winton physically abused them. The ultimate banger.

When Kevin Houston scored 53 points in the MAAC tourney against Fordham, he surpassed Winton as the Cadets' all-time leading scorer.