Burrell, Johnnies hoping to grow up

• 7 replies
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

Re: Burrell, Johnnies hoping to grow up
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2008, 09:25:13 AM »
Seems like Justin had a very good off season. In his offseason prior to coming to St. John's he played in a few summer leagues where as this offseason he was in the gym just training getting down to basics. I like this a lot and hopefully we seem a lot more mature Justin out on the court. I'm excited the season is 3 weeks away.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

kob24

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2008, 04:13:19 PM »
I didn't want to say anything I wanted to wait till the season but justin let it out. What he didn't say was he was working out with alot more than jermaine oneal ( dammit tampa bay lost) anyway all summer we was in vegas working his but off. That's why I think it is crazy to say he won't make the league he has 3 years to do it. I personally think he will do it next year. And it isn't always about the coach and team u have to do things on ur own also plain and simple. And that is what we have been doing. He still has a way to go but I thinkhe is gonna be more agressive he was holding his own against NBA and top college fowards and centers all summer. You just can't think he is gonna average 25 and 10 that isn't happening the team isn't built for him to do that.

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2008, 04:24:39 PM »
That's why I think it is crazy to say he won't make the league he has 3 years to do it. I personally think he will do it next year. And it isn't always about the coach and team u have to do things on ur own also plain and simple. And that is what we have been doing. He still has a way to go but I thinkhe is gonna be more agressive he was holding his own against NBA and top college fowards and centers all summer. You just can't think he is gonna average 25 and 10 that isn't happening the team isn't built for him to do that.
Do you mean the 2009 draft or the 2010 draft?

Poison

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2008, 04:51:33 PM »
Seems like Justin had a very good off season. In his offseason prior to coming to St. John's he played in a few summer leagues where as this offseason he was in the gym just training getting down to basics. I like this a lot and hopefully we seem a lot more mature Justin out on the court. I'm excited the season is 3 weeks away.

It sounds like he spent his summer working out with players who's game he'd like to emulate.
Well done. I wonder what the other players did over the summer. JJ, do you know?

kob24

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2008, 05:04:49 PM »

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2008, 05:12:46 PM »
Well then I look forward to collecting on my bet with Marillac a year early. :)

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2008, 05:41:02 PM »

It sounds like he spent his summer working out with players who's game he'd like to emulate.
Well done. I wonder what the other players did over the summer. JJ, do you know?

I will be sure to find out.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle