this is why we need mase to get drafted

• 7 replies

sjd8886

this is why we need mase to get drafted
« on: October 28, 2008, 10:56:49 PM »
i don't know if u guys caught this, but read the notebook section down the page

http://www.zagsblog.net/2008/10/28/siena-looking-to-return-to-big-dance-maac-preseason-poll-teams/

But here's the most important part:

"You think doors have opened up for Rider now that Jason Thompson went to the NBA? Seventeen players showed up for the school’s Midnight Madness, including St. Patrick of Elizabeth sophomore Michael Gilchrist. “Recruits view your program a little bit differently now because you have that NBA [guy],” Rider coach Tommy Dempsey said. “

sjd8886

Re: this is why we need mase to get drafted
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2008, 11:00:51 PM »
and btw...he was listed a zero star recruit by rivals coming out of hs...off topic but ill take a shot at norms lack of player development whenever i can

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2008, 12:33:38 AM »

http://www.zagsblog.net/2008/10/28/siena-looking-to-return-to-big-dance-maac-preseason-poll-teams/

"You think doors have opened up for Rider now that Jason Thompson went to the NBA? Seventeen players showed up for the school’s Midnight Madness, including St. Patrick of Elizabeth sophomore Michael Gilchrist. “Recruits view your program a little bit differently now because you have that NBA [guy],” Rider coach Tommy Dempsey said. “
Granted he may be viewed as the craziest guy in the NBA, but we still have Ron Artest. Nonetheless, it'd be nice to once again have a second NBA player.

These are the top ten programs with the most players in the NBA (as of 2008-09 opening day)

1 Duke: 14
2 Connecticut: 12
2 UCLA: 12
4 Kansas: 11
4 North Carolina: 11
6 Kentucky: 9
6 Arizona: 9
6 Florida: 9
6 Georgia Tech: 9
10 Michigan State: 8
10 Texas: 8
« Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 12:52:01 AM by Not The Sleaveless Guy »

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2008, 11:41:07 AM »
Can't we call in a favor to Mullin to take Mase in the 2nd round? (JK) ;-D
« Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 11:41:43 AM by Johnny4Life »

Poison

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2008, 11:47:20 AM »

Mase could get drafted, but he has to play as aggressively as the Paul Harris and Jerel McNeil play.
He has to be bring an intensity with him. He just sits there and settles for the 3 point shot. Harris and McNeil can shoot, but they don't leave it at that, they crash the boards, offensive and defensive.

We need to see Mase be more like that.

I see it from Burrell. That's why I think JB is the NBA player, because although he has not been able to do it yet, he intends to dunk the ball on you every chance he gets.

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2008, 01:04:44 PM »

Mase could get drafted, but he has to play as aggressively as the Paul Harris and Jerel McNeil play.
He has to be bring an intensity with him. He just sits there and settles for the 3 point shot. Harris and McNeil can shoot, but they don't leave it at that, they crash the boards, offensive and defensive.

We need to see Mase be more like that.

I see it from Burrell. That's why I think JB is the NBA player, because although he has not been able to do it yet, he intends to dunk the ball on you every chance he gets.
Mase has cut down his three point attempts every year.  It's a surprise to see.  But he took 181 2-pt shots to 97 3 pt shots.  As a percentage of his total shot attempts:

2006     45.8%
2007     38.7%
2008     34.9%

Later in the year I think Mase was more aggressive about going to the rim; he might have been tentative because of the ankle.  That said, he needed to cut out more of those three pointers and deep twos.  And his rebounding last year took a dive on both ends - and it was only so-so before.  He has to play harder.

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2008, 02:14:54 AM »

Jason Thompson had 18 points and 10 boards in his first NBA game. Great for the MAAC

sjd8886

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2008, 07:48:44 PM »

Jason Thompson had 18 points and 10 boards in his first NBA game. Great for the MAAC

yea, but even better for rider