Can a team with a losing record in conference go to the dance?

• 10 replies
Can a team with a losing record in conference go to the dance?
« on: December 03, 2008, 01:02:54 AM »
Its very possible that a team in the Big East might have a losing record in conference and still make the dance...what do you think?
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Marillac

Re: Can a team with a losing record in conference go to the dance?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2008, 01:05:46 AM »
Its very possible that a team in the Big East might have a losing record in conference and still make the dance...what do you think?

There is no rule against it.  I think with as good as the Big East is--8 teams in top 25, and SH and Cincy flirting with it--there will be a team with a sub .500 conference record getting in.  I think it happened in the ACC recently.

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2008, 01:11:26 AM »
if you mean us...forget it.  a 10-1 pre big east record won't fool anyone outside of posters on some of these sites.

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2008, 01:15:29 AM »
if you mean us...forget it.  a 10-1 pre big east record won't fool anyone outside of posters on some of these sites.

I wasn't suggesting us or having us in mind starting this topic but there is so much talk of 9-10 teams making the tournament and I just don't see how those 9-10 could all have winning records. Teams in this conference are going to beat each other up.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Marillac

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2008, 01:24:50 AM »

I wasn't suggesting us or having us in mind starting this topic but there is so much talk of 9-10 teams making the tournament and I just don't see how those 9-10 could all have winning records. Teams in this conference are going to beat each other up.

I think we are going to get 10 teams in this year.

sjd8886

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2008, 11:43:00 AM »

it'll fool the admin too...dont forget about those idiots

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2008, 03:30:05 PM »

If nothing else, it might cause Harrington to get out of his bunker and show up to a Big East game.

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2008, 03:39:48 PM »
I think it is possible but thier signature wins must be really impressive and their losses have to be so called good losses. No losing to cupcakes, ect.

Getting 10 teams from the BE would be great but I think that might be one too many.

sjd8886

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2008, 03:44:31 PM »

If nothing else, it might cause Harrington to get out of his bunker and show up to a Big East game.

he'd get booed outta the stadium...however the year is not over, lets see what mr norm can do...one bad game where the team fell apart, and one more where we almost fell apart...if we had won the BC game i would have felt alot better, but still, ill give norm till the end of the year, or until we are about 0-6 in conference before i start my bitching again lol

Tha Kid

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2008, 11:28:33 AM »
I think it is possible but thier signature wins must be really impressive and their losses have to be so called good losses. No losing to cupcakes, ect.

Getting 10 teams from the BE would be great but I think that might be one too many.

I second this.
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2008, 11:43:46 AM »

Agreed and they would need (along with the conference as a whole) a signature OOC win.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!