What was your favorite class at St. John's?

• 9 replies
What was your favorite class at St. John's?
« on: December 14, 2008, 09:07:45 PM »
When did you take it? Who was it taught by? What building was it in? Tell us about some of your St. John's experiences...
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Re: What was your favorite class at St. John's?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2008, 08:23:26 PM »
I'll go in more detail another time. But I will at least get it started....

Favorite Professors:

Donald Pitti (Finance)
Prof. Kennedy (Metaphysics)
Prof. Kitts (English)
Dr. Russakoff (Stats)

Toughest Professor:
Dr. Ellis (Finance)

Wackiest / Professor:
Prof. Angelini (Finance)

Easiest Professor:
Forgot his name... Some guy who tought entry level physics (Older guy and overweight but funny. He used to give out the answers to his tests before the test)

Randomhero423

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2008, 11:07:46 PM »
 :D :D

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2008, 11:18:29 PM »
I had that guy for Physics too....I forget his name. I might have to phone a friend.

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2008, 10:44:00 PM »
Am I the only one who went to class???? LOL

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2010, 05:51:19 PM »
I'm bumping this 2 year old thread.  It was Prof. Genovese.  Apparently his class used to be really tough, and then he had some health problems, so his doctor told him to lessen his workload.  He had the shoes with the toes cut out to allow for better circulation... great guy.

My parents were thrilled that I got an A in his class, I of course did not tell them how easy it was.

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2010, 05:53:10 PM »
I'm bumping this 2 year old thread.  It was Prof. Genovese.  Apparently his class used to be really tough, and then he had some health problems, so his doctor told him to lessen his workload.  He had the shoes with the toes cut out to allow for better circulation... great guy.

My parents were thrilled that I got an A in his class, I of course did not tell them how easy it was.

Haha I had Prof. Genovese too. He was the man and needless to say I got an A in the class too.

Marillac

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2010, 04:58:00 PM »
Doc Stalter - Environment Biology. 

We went on fieldtrips all the time, had BBQ's in the parks, and learned a lot.  Didn't hurt that he was an automatic a and loved rugby. 

I asked Doc to write me a  letter of recommendation because we were always playing rugby together and he loved me....the guy gives me back a HAND WRITTEN letter of recomendation!!! Who does that?

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2010, 05:13:52 PM »
Went to SJU for my MBA...first class was a management class...prof says anyone who wants an A, see him after class. He said to participate in class to the point where he knows your name. Then he showed clips of the Godfather to show management styles. Great guy, great class, got my A.

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2010, 09:26:31 PM »
Recently found out the Prof. Pitti died. Very sad. He was a great and professor (and person).