Transfers- In/Out

• 50 replies
Transfers- In/Out
« on: April 02, 2009, 06:36:06 PM »
What transfers are becoming eligible next year in the Big East? The kid from Duke,Taylor King  for Villanova is one.

Also, Fordhams PG Jio Fontan will be transfering, most likely to Rutgers. Not sure why he went to Fordham in the first place

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/basketcase/
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 06:37:01 PM by Marco Baldi »

Re: Transfers- In/Out
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2009, 07:06:22 PM »
Pitt's got that redshirt Dwight Miller, not a transfer but not a true frosh.

Same for Makok and Okwandu at UConn and Sutton at Nova.

Re transfers Hall has Lawrence from Mizzou, Oliver, Pope from NM and Robinson from Memphis, Rutgers has Jonathan Mitchell from Florida, Marquette has Liam McMorrow a 7 footer from some Canadian college, UND has lil Hansborough from Ole Miss and Scott Martin from Purdue, Cuse has Wesley Johnson from Iowa State and Cincy has Ibrahima Thomas from Okie St.

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2009, 08:52:00 PM »
providence will get greedy patterson who red shirted  this year
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2009, 11:02:48 AM »
Fordham point guard Jio Fontan ask for his release to reportedly transfer to Rutgers, but according to Zagsblog, Fordham denied him today.

Fordham is screwing this kid royally, looks like this kid listened to the wrong people sending him to Fordham

pmg911

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2009, 11:20:12 AM »
Fordham point guard Jio Fontan ask for his release to reportedly transfer to Rutgers, but according to Zagsblog, Fordham denied him today.

Fordham is screwing this kid royally, looks like this kid listened to the wrong people sending him to Fordham

How do you get that the kid listened to the wrong people..?

Do you know who else offered him..? Maybe he wanted to be close to home and his family..?

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2009, 11:29:13 AM »

Do you know who else offered him..? Maybe he wanted to be close to home and his family..?

He should have came to St Johns, or even Albany or St Peters. But he,Bob and Whit were all excited about Fordam? That a bad job all around

http://njmg.typepad.com/zagsblog/2007/03/fontan_to_fordh.html
"
He chose Fordham over offers from St. John’s, St. Peter’s, Delaware and Albany.

I’m real excited about it," Fontan said. "(St. Anthony) coach Bob Hurley’s really excited. Coach Whittenburg’s excited about it. He told me with me and a few other kids, they see us going to the NCAA Tournament four years in a row."

pmg911

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2009, 02:25:33 PM »

He should have came to St Johns, or even Albany or St Peters. But he,Bob and Whit were all excited about Fordam? That a bad job all around

"

I’m real excited about it," Fontan said. "(St. Anthony) coach Bob Hurley’s really excited. Coach Whittenburg’s excited about it. He told me with me and a few other kids, they see us going to the NCAA Tournament four years in a row."

So when you made that original post..  you knew who offered the kid scholarships.?

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2009, 06:52:51 PM »
Pitt's got that redshirt Dwight Miller, not a transfer but not a true frosh.

Same for Makok and Okwandu at UConn and Sutton at Nova.

Re transfers Hall has Lawrence from Mizzou, Oliver, Pope from NM and Robinson from Memphis, Rutgers has Jonathan Mitchell from Florida, Marquette has Liam McMorrow a 7 footer from some Canadian college, UND has lil Hansborough from Ole Miss and Scott Martin from Purdue, Cuse has Wesley Johnson from Iowa State and Cincy has Ibrahima Thomas from Okie St.
Let's see what impact the Nochimson case has on Ater Majok.

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2009, 06:54:38 PM »

"

So when you made that original post..  you knew who offered the kid scholarships.?

No, but the kid is a good player. If he wanted to play close to home, their are better programs than Fordham. Didnt you say hes better than Booth and would have started this year? Do you think going to Fordham was a good move?
« Last Edit: April 03, 2009, 07:03:44 PM by Marco Baldi »

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2009, 07:21:44 PM »
Hurley thinks Jio should stay at Fordham:
http://www.zagsblog.com/2009/04/03/hurley-says-fontan-should-stay-at-fordham-st-bens-to-play-for-national-title/

Hurley thinks Fordham is on the verge of having a better year? If they get any worse they will be NJIT. How long before they get booted from the Atlantic 10?
« Last Edit: April 03, 2009, 07:23:06 PM by Marco Baldi »

Marillac

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2009, 03:15:42 PM »
We've had one kid transfer in and like ten transfer out since Norm took over.

They guy does not know how to play the transfer game at all and that is a true sahme.

When a kid decides to transfer he almost always thinks about coming home first.

sjd8886

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2009, 09:55:45 PM »
Hurley thinks Jio should stay at Fordham:
http://www.zagsblog.com/2009/04/03/hurley-says-fontan-should-stay-at-fordham-st-bens-to-play-for-national-title/

Hurley thinks Fordham is on the verge of having a better year? If they get any worse they will be NJIT. How long before they get booted from the Atlantic 10?

how many times are people going to post about teams getting kicked out of their conference...its stupid

« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2009, 11:46:02 AM »
Fordham denies Jio Fontan his release. Why do schools do this? If he is forced to come back he will not be happy and not play his best. Does Fordham think Rutgers tampered with the kid?

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2009, 12:07:21 PM »
Even if Rutgers did, what can they do about it besides alert the NCAA? 

Fontan can still pick up and go to a JUCO for a year if he wants, I think.  And who knows, he might just do that. 

« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2009, 12:39:38 PM »
Also, look for Kansas transfer Quintrell Thomas to land at Siena

Tha Kid

« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2009, 12:55:48 PM »
Fordham denies Jio Fontan his release. Why do schools do this? If he is forced to come back he will not be happy and not play his best. Does Fordham think Rutgers tampered with the kid?

If this attempted transfer was to Memphis or UK or Uconn you'd be screaming bloody murder.  Why can't Rutger$ be part of the club?   ;) :D
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2009, 12:58:17 PM »

If this attempted transfer was to Memphis or UK or Uconn you'd be screaming bloody murder.  Why can't Rutger$ be part of the club?   ;) :D

I thought I made it obvious that I cant stand Calhoun and Calipari!  ;) Tha kid, do you think Fred Hill is a cheater?

Tha Kid

« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2009, 01:32:10 PM »

I thought I made it obvious that I cant stand Calhoun and Calipari!  ;) Tha kid, do you think Fred Hill is a cheater?

I think I have NO idea who is a cheater and who is not a cheater - and many times it will not be the coaches but the boosters - and Rutgers has got to have more football money than UConn and Memphis if they wanted to make something happen by way of the basketball team.

I think there's a LOT of programs that have used questionable recruiting tactics at some point or another, and I wouldn't be shocked if Norm was one of them - perhaps not at St. john's though.

For the record, I wouldn't be surprised at all if Jio Fontain was contacted beforehand, perhaps indirectly...I think this happens a LOT more than you'd think.  But no I don't think he was given any $.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 01:33:15 PM by Tha Kid »
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2009, 01:35:01 PM »

I think I have NO idea who is a cheater and who is not a cheater - and many times it will not be the coaches but the boosters - and Rutgers has got to have more football money than UConn and Memphis if they wanted to make something happen by way of the basketball team.

I think there's a LOT of programs that have used questionable recruiting tactics at some point or another, and I wouldn't be shocked if Norm was one of them - perhaps not at St. john's though.

For the record, I wouldn't be surprised at all if Jio Fontain was contacted beforehand, perhaps indirectly...I think this happens a LOT more than you'd think.  But no I don't think he was given any $.

Spoken like a true politician ;) Did you go to the PMG school of Going out on a limb?  ;)