Its Official.....No Lance

• 25 replies

boo3

Re: Its Official.....No Lance
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2009, 11:24:46 AM »
  sorry   didn't see it posted already.  prob. deserves own thread anyhow

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2009, 11:26:48 AM »
How many times is this gonna be official?

Marillac

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2009, 12:49:46 PM »
Norm makes me sick with his excuses.  For every kid that is "sick of living in the city" there are 10 kids that are dying to get out of small towns and sh*tty little cities to go to New York.

I was driving in Georgia the other day and there was a huge van with "South Georgia All-Stars AAU" on the side, and the kids were all excited and saying "What's up New York" and trying to get my attention just becuase I had NY plates.

His excuse doesn't even make sense.  Look at non-basketball players...how many kids leave high school or college and go straight to New York or LA?

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2009, 01:02:23 PM »
That's an old quote, though.  Maybe 2 months old.  Same excuse but not like Norm said it again yesterday to the media.

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2009, 01:13:13 PM »
i'm sure if lance decides to come here, norm and company will be back in begging mode.

Marillac

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2009, 01:18:34 PM »
That's an old quote, though.  Maybe 2 months old.  Same excuse but not like Norm said it again yesterday to the media.

The date of the quote is irrelevant.  It's just another crappy excuse. It makes him look so foolishk, becuase most of the young people in this country want nothing more than to live in New York City. 

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2009, 01:19:39 PM »
i'm sure if lance decides to come here, norm and company will be back in begging mode.

Who cares? If Lance wanted to come here I don't think anyone would be opposed.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Tha Kid

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2009, 01:42:22 PM »

The date of the quote is irrelevant.  It's just another crappy excuse. It makes him look so foolishk, becuase most of the young people in this country want nothing more than to live in New York City.

I think there IS something to be said that NYC kids would love to leave and explore another area of the country - and who can blame them?  The difference is SOME of these kids would prefer be legends in their own town --- but Norm can't keep ANY of those home.  I agree we should/might have better luck in this world where kids have travelled all over with AAU to try to get some kids from otehr parts of the country to come to NYC.  Our next coach should be one who is known nationally and locally, IMO.
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2009, 02:32:59 PM »
at this point i cant even read any of these...are these the same sources close 2 the program that said "lance to st johns was a done deal"??...we havent took back any scholorship so idk if were not recruiting him anymore but it has gotten 2 the point that it dosnt look like any school is recruiting lance...right now he is recruiting schools n if he comes here i would b happy but i cant trust any of these because lance(sr)..lol..knows what he is doing n is probably already picked a school just wants all the attention...unless  there gunna wait n c what goes on with the court case

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2009, 02:35:48 PM »
the revolving door will be open for you lance.

« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2009, 03:25:27 PM »
PR 101: Play to the audience.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2009, 03:47:57 PM »
oy vey...now its official...whatever

« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2009, 05:51:33 PM »
Good now that it is official can we take this kids picture down finally >:(?

« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2009, 06:28:54 PM »
http://www.stjohns.rivals.com/default.asp

by Maurice Wingate

As the recruiting clock winds down to its May 20th deadline, no one but Lance Stephenson and his family knows what he’s going to ultimately do but they’re not talking to the press. Reports have surfaced, inferring that St. John’s is ‘officially out’ when it comes to Stephenson, however that’s not accurate.

« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2009, 09:22:35 PM »

by Maurice Wingate

As the recruiting clock winds down to its May 20th deadline, no one but Lance Stephenson and his family knows what he’s going to ultimately do but they’re not talking to the press. Reports have surfaced, inferring that St. John’s is ‘officially out’ when it comes to Stephenson, however that’s not accurate.

Hey!  Maybe, the rumor you heard wasn't actually a rumor, P1NSTR1PEZ.

C'mon to St. John's, if you're gonna do so, Stephenson!  You could be the pied-piper (whether, it's one year or more) to giving other future recruits thoughts of attending St. John's.

Stay home, Stephenson! 

« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2009, 10:07:58 PM »

by Maurice Wingate

is anybody a member so i can c the rest of the article..id like 2 c what else it says but eitha way i like what im seeing ::) lol...idk i kno a lot of yall r saying its ova im not so sure tho...maybe lance n norm got sumthn up there sleeve but r just holdin on so when he commits it hits big n he gets a whole bunch of press coverage 4 it wich he would get if he signed here anyway!we'll c what happens in a couple weeks...months lol (wishfull thinking)

« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2009, 11:48:37 PM »
I pay for rivals a membership however the owner of the rivals site has banned me from viewing premium content.

Your access to this site's premium boards has been disabled. Please contact the site publisher for reinstatement.

what a joke rivals is
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Tha Kid

« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2009, 12:26:50 AM »
I pay for rivals a membership however the owner of the rivals site has banned me from viewing premium content.

Your access to this site's premium boards has been disabled. Please contact the site publisher for reinstatement.

what a joke rivals is

Why did they disable you?  WHo owns Rivals?
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2009, 01:33:50 AM »
Why did they disable you?  WHo owns Rivals?
Yahoo shareholders