Best Actor

• 60 replies
Re: Best Actor
« Reply #40 on: May 30, 2009, 07:08:22 PM »
I can't believe no one said arnold schwarzenegger, no one can put their top 20 against his

Best actor ever

I can't tell if you are joking or if you are 14 years old.;)

He is a terrible actor who has had the good fortune to be in entertaining action/sci-fi movies.

He is the best Action star, I'll give him  that

« Reply #41 on: May 31, 2009, 10:19:45 AM »
I can't believe no one said arnold schwarzenegger, no one can put their top 20 against his

Best actor ever

He is a terrible actor who has had the good fortune to be in entertaining action/sci-fi movies.

Will Smith is by far a much better action star.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #42 on: May 31, 2009, 01:27:35 PM »

Best actor ever

Will Smith is by far a much better action star.

NO WAY! TERMONATOR blows away any movie Smith was in

« Reply #43 on: May 31, 2009, 06:13:33 PM »
I don't think anyone has mentioned the following "funny" men who have also done some serious roles:

Robin Williams, Jim Carrey, Steve Martin, Bill Murray --- where do they fall into this?  Certainly they dont have the range of some of the actors on this list but they are top notch in most of what they do

I detest Jim Carey as a comedian, but he does the serious roles as well as you can ask.  "The Truman Show" was fantastic and "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind" was one of the best movies I've ever seen. 

I also don't like Robin Williams as a comedian that much, but he can act his arse off.

The last time Jim Carrey was funny was on In Living Color. As for best actor, Gene Hackman needs to ne mentioned

hackman tops the list. he has nailed so many different types of rolls
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Tha Kid

« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2009, 08:26:20 AM »

Arnold is also one of my favorite actors. Every movie he makes is entertaining, if for nothing else than the unintentional comedy. I know its stupid but jingle all the way with arnold, sinbad, and phil hartman has me in stitches whenever I watch it.
"I drink and I know things"

Tha Kid

« Reply #45 on: June 03, 2009, 08:27:55 AM »

Baldi - smith has had some MAJOR summer action blockbusters - Independence Day being at the top of the list. Ill watch that whenever it comes on tv    which is every few hours in the summer. 

« Reply #46 on: June 03, 2009, 12:49:31 PM »

Baldi - smith has had some MAJOR summer action blockbusters - Independence Day being at the top of the list. Ill watch that whenever it comes on tv    which is every few hours in the summer.

I like Smith too, but cmon Arnold is the best action star ever. Its not even close,maybe Stallone comes close

Tha Kid

« Reply #47 on: June 03, 2009, 03:13:12 PM »

I like Smith too, but cmon Arnold is the best action star ever. Its not even close,maybe Stallone comes close

I agree - Arnold is #1.  You're right that Sly has gotta be up there.  Harrison Ford with the Indiana Jones movies alone have to be up there - Fugitive, Star Wars --- he is a MUCh more diverse actor than Arnold and Sly too.

Marillac

« Reply #48 on: June 03, 2009, 08:56:47 PM »
I HATE action movies.

pmg911

« Reply #49 on: June 04, 2009, 01:00:20 PM »
I think the best actor around today is Daniel Day Lewis..   just wish he made more movies...

« Reply #50 on: June 04, 2009, 01:42:07 PM »
I think the best actor around today is Daniel Day Lewis..   just wish he made more movies...

another good name who wasn't mentioned yet. I heard he's a bit crazy
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Tha Kid

« Reply #51 on: June 04, 2009, 01:55:14 PM »

If he is still acting....Joaquin Phoenix?

Great actor - has been phenomenal in everything I've seen him in...I think this is all a hoax and he is still acting.

Tha Kid

« Reply #52 on: June 04, 2009, 01:55:48 PM »
I HATE action movies.

I always figured you were more of the romantic comedy type.

Marillac

« Reply #53 on: June 04, 2009, 02:05:20 PM »
I HATE action movies.

Romantic comedies are great, albeit a little cliche at times.  My favorite movies are dramas.  I also love straight comedies and horror movies.  Action movies rarely do it for me.  I think most men are distracted enough by the special effects that they don't worry about the plot or the acting. 

I look around the theatre during RIDICULOUSLY long fight or chase scenes and the guys are like drooling. 

LJSA

« Reply #54 on: June 04, 2009, 02:18:01 PM »

The story out there is that during one of his lengthy disappearing acts he lived in Italy to apprentice under a master shoemaker.

Marillac

« Reply #55 on: June 04, 2009, 02:24:47 PM »

Great at what he does, but I would think he is very limited in his range.  For example, I couldn't see him killing it in a comedy.

« Reply #56 on: June 04, 2009, 03:10:53 PM »
Well DDL's next movie is Nine based upon the Broadway musical based upon the Fellini film so it's bit different for him.  Don't know if it has any laughs but it will be different from his past work although still Oscar bait coming out Thanksgiving. 

Tha Kid

« Reply #57 on: June 05, 2009, 12:41:01 PM »
I HATE action movies.

Romantic comedies are great, albeit a little cliche at times.  My favorite movies are dramas.  I also love straight comedies and horror movies.  Action movies rarely do it for me.  I think most men are distracted enough by the special effects that they don't worry about the plot or the acting. 

I look around the theatre during RIDICULOUSLY long fight or chase scenes and the guys are like drooling.

And how is that any different than you loving horror movies?  Horror movies are notoriously bad plots and acting nowadays...so if you like them its for the scare factor or the blood and gore...similar to guys who get caught up in fast cars and gunfights, no?

Marillac

« Reply #58 on: June 05, 2009, 01:29:14 PM »
I HATE action movies.

And how is that any different than you loving horror movies?  Horror movies are notoriously bad plots and acting nowadays...so if you like them its for the scare factor or the blood and gore...similar to guys who get caught up in fast cars and gunfights, no?

Not the same at all IMO.  Of course there are some horror movies that have bad plots and too many special effects, but those aren't the kind that I enjoy.  I liked the Blair Witch--which essentially had no special effects at all.  I also really like the rush of being scared and surprised.  That is just not there with action movies.  Some horror movies have incredible plots.

I have liked some action movies like "Independence Day" or the Star Wars movies.  But I'm not a guy that can sit down and enjoy a Vin Diesel car chase or some of these other ridiculous action movies out there.

Tha Kid

« Reply #59 on: June 06, 2009, 08:46:48 AM »
No my point is the rush you get from "feeling scared and surprised" might be similar to some guys when they see a fast car chase or gunfight, right?

Blair witch was a REALLY cool movie.