- Temple (W)
- Stony Brook (W)
- Duke (L)
- UGA (W)
- Fordham (W)
- Hofstra (W)
- Bryant (W)

Bold are completed.

After Duke, the toughest game on our schedule is Hofstra.
Not because they're world beaters, but because it's been so long since
we've beaten them. 02-03 to be exact.

Owls fan picks 11-1. Good luck!

Re: 11-1 a must in non conf
« Reply #62 on: December 01, 2009, 09:52:33 PM »
In my opinion:

- Long Island (W)
- St. Bonaventure (W)
- Brown (W)
- Siena (W)
- Temple (W)
- Stony Brook (W)
- Duke (L)
- UGA (W)
- Fordham (W)
- Hofstra (W)
- Bryant (W)

Bold are completed.

Owls fan picks 11-1. Good luck!

Good job, thats what we're hoping on-no letdowns!

Owlfied, what are your thoughts on Siena and Georgetown? Think St Johns is better than Georgetown?

« Reply #63 on: December 01, 2009, 10:06:20 PM »
I think that you guys can take down the Hoyas.

Temple for the most part played well on the big men, forcing the guards to do most of the shooting (both teams were flat out awful shooting the ball through most of the 1st half).

What scared me before this game, and what still scares me and what many people probably overlook is the amount of depth and talent the Red Storm has. The Hoyas seem to go roughly the same into the bench as the Owls do, so you have the advantage overall in my opinion with so many fresh legs and players who can contribute at any point.

Cause trouble for Monroe and that Julian Vaughn, and your team can certainly taken advantage. I feel like Wright and Freeman are somewhat affected by the players around them, if you follow what I mean. You take our the main playmaker, and it will make causing problems for the Hoyas easier IMO.

I think that what the Owls did was paid so much attention to D.J. Kennedy (who is an extremely talented player) that it overshadowed the fact that there are 6 or 7 more scorers on the team.

To be honest, I don't think I can think of a team like SJU who exemplifies the exact definition of TEAM effort.

« Reply #64 on: December 01, 2009, 10:13:43 PM »
I think that you guys can take down the Hoyas.

Temple for the most part played well on the big men, forcing the guards to do most of the shooting (both teams were flat out awful shooting the ball through most of the 1st half).

What scared me before this game, and what still scares me and what many people probably overlook is the amount of depth and talent the Red Storm has. The Hoyas seem to go roughly the same into the bench as the Owls do, so you have the advantage overall in my opinion with so many fresh legs and players who can contribute at any point.

Cause trouble for Monroe and that Julian Vaughn, and your team can certainly taken advantage. I feel like Wright and Freeman are somewhat affected by the players around them, if you follow what I mean. You take our the main playmaker, and it will make causing problems for the Hoyas easier IMO.

I think that what the Owls did was paid so much attention to D.J. Kennedy (who is an extremely talented player) that it overshadowed the fact that there are 6 or 7 more scorers on the team.

To be honest, I don't think I can think of a team like SJU who exemplifies the exact definition of TEAM effort.

Thanks again. Our problem thus far seems to be interior defense. Rossitter(Siena) and Nicholson(St Bonaventure) owned us in the paint. Hopefull the bigs straighten out before we get Monroe and Vaughn