• 6 replies
Transfers: Where are they now
« on: January 23, 2008, 01:17:46 AM »
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Tha Kid

Re: Transfers: Where are they now
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2008, 09:29:41 AM »
www.johnnyjungle.com

I'd take Cedric, Dexter, and Qarran back - replacing Geno (wouldnt happen but i can still hope), Evans, and TJ in the rotation.
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2008, 09:47:25 AM »
We all would take Q back, that's easy.

But Cedric's scholly went to DJ, no contest to DJ, & as much as
we pick on Geno I would also play Geno also ahead of Ced.

Dexter left because he was sitting & saw Burrell on the horizon. His schol went
to Evans.  Toss up this year, but I think Evans has much higher ceiling.

« Last Edit: January 23, 2008, 09:54:05 AM by stevep502 »
Molloy '71

kob24

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2008, 10:18:40 AM »
good job jj

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2008, 10:42:52 AM »
good job jj

Thanks however I don't do all this for pats on the back. I want to hear thoughts on the matter not on how good of a job I did.

What do you think of Ceds numbers dropping off? High TO?

What do you think of Dex doing jack against quality opponents?

Avery still is a chucker?

What do you think of Q losing his starting role?
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2008, 02:39:56 PM »
Cedric found his place.  People can hate on the player turnover, but is he an impact player here?  No.  Is he replaceable by, say, Paris Horne as a freshman?  Yes.

I still think it would have been nice to have either Torres or Patterson on one level-- just to maintain some stability.  I think we'd have to have a different coach for them to stay; Norm places a premium on defensive players and Patterson is not that, and Ricky, at best, was a defensive tweener. 

Calhoun losing his starting role is very interesting.  I wonder if he'd been dogging it, or if that's something they do in junior college when one guy has his schollie for next year (Calhoun to Houston) and another guy is playing to get noticed?  I don't know.  I also think I want to see how Houston uses Calhoun.  His listed weight says "power forward" but I can't imagine him defending post players; he was best coming from the weak side to block shots and get offensive rebounds.  He's real quick.  Would have been nice to have... but I'm not sure how he would fit in this offensive "system" that doesn't seem to change dependent on personnel.  Calhoun would have started in place of the centers, but I can't see Norm running more.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2008, 02:40:17 PM by peter »

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2008, 02:25:28 AM »
it's kind of a hatchet job if you ask me.

no one implied we'd be winning the big east with any of these guys...not even calhoun.

what these guys would have provided is stability and upper classman leadership.  we would have won a few extra games.  that's it.

on another level, it's immoral to promise a kid a chance at a college degree if he plays for your team, then jettison him because you think there's a marginally better player out there.  the ncaa had a rule against people like norm until underclassmen regularly started to jump to the pros.  this is allegedly a catholic school.

it goes to show you what a vile piece of slime norm really is.