Doron Lamb - SG - Bishop Loughlin - Brooklyn, NY - KENTUCKY

• 141 replies
Re: Doron Lamb - SG - Bishop Loughlin - Brooklyn, NY
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2008, 09:16:46 PM »
LeBron: Day Three Rundown   

By Evan Daniels

Posted July 9, 2008

http://scouthoops.scout.com/2/767925.html

"St. John's head coach Norm Roberts spent the day following Durand Scott and Doron Lamb."

NICE. :D

« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2008, 12:55:02 PM »
apparently Doron will be transferring to Oak Hill next year
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2008, 01:23:31 PM »
apparently Doron will be transferring to Oak Hill next year

Not to St Anthonys?

« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2008, 02:14:04 PM »
http://www.zagsblog.net/2008/07/21/louisville-after-scott-lamb/#more-684

As for the 6-4, 175-pound Lamb, he is ranked No. 9 among shooting guards in the Class of 2010.

“Louisville, UConn, St. John’s and Georgia Tech are recruiting him the hardest,” Loughlin coach Khalid Green said.

The coach added that Lamb “can be a triple threat. He can play the 1, 2 and 3 and he can definitely lead the Catholic League in scoring and I think he’s an MVP-type. I think he can be MVP of the league

« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2008, 07:13:54 AM »
From Super Showcase in Orlando, FL

http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=830304

"Playing with the 16 and 17 teams, Doron Lamb looked a little tired at the end of the day, but certainly at the beginning he wasn't. In the 16 and under semi finals, Lamb had 28 points and scored in every way imaginable."
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2008, 12:21:55 PM »
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/basketball/mens/news/story?id=3504715

Doron Lamb, SG (6-4, 180)
2010, New York, N.Y./Oak Hill
Lamb has a long, lean body, is a good athlete and is very talented offensively. He can score in bunches when motivated and sprints the lane in transition. He can get to the rim, shoot the floater driving to his left or the 3 when the defense is not set. He moves well without the ball in the halfcourt and does a good job of cutting after he passes. He also curls into the lane off screens.

Lamb is an excellent ball handler, passer and driver who makes good decisions on the break and in the halfcourt. He handles the ball with his head and eyes up and is always surveying the court and has a good mid-range game as well. He reads the defense and flashes across the lane for the 12-15 foot turn shot. He has good elevation and extension and a good, high release and follow-through. He likes to use the step-back jumper driving to his left to create space to get the shot off. He can also go to the left-to-right crossover to get to the rim and will use the inside-out move when he is attacking at high speeds in transition. Lamb is a good, not great shooter from behind the arc but can keep the defense honest. He can draw fouls and get to the free throw line where he has a nice touch. The strength of his game lies inside the arc with creative drives, pull ups and turn shots.

On defense he needs to get in a stance and play with urgency. He gets beat on drives and loses sight of the ball. He needs to get stronger so he can finish better through contact and become a consistent rebounder. At times he seems to shut down and not be into the game, and then he'll turn up his intensity and become the best player on the floor. Lamb must learn to play hard every possession -- his overall talent is undeniable.

oldred10

• Ya Gotta Believe!!!
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2008, 09:30:38 AM »
STAR POWER

With a number of the top players simply running out of gas in the last hours of the evaluation period, there are a few guys that continue to play with good energy and competitiveness. New York Gauchos guard Doron Lamb is one of them.

The class of 2010 guard scored 24 points in the Gauchos win over Florida's Gold Coast team. The 6-foot-4 guard has been the best player for the New Yorkers this week in Orlando and is closing the summer out equally as well as he started the spring evaluation period.

http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=832469
« Last Edit: August 01, 2008, 09:31:38 AM by oldred10 »

"If u LOVE us that's GREAT... if u HATE us that's GREAT too... if ur in the middle... get the F*CK out!!" - Paul Stanley, KISS

oldred10

• Ya Gotta Believe!!!
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2008, 01:38:26 PM »
Lamb Says It's Official

August 3, 2008

Stacey Davis, NYCHoops.net

http://nychoops.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=833086

The unexpected or expected has finally happened, depending on who you ask. According to several rumors, there were whispers that Bishop Loughlin's 6-4 point guard Doron Lamb would leave for his school in Brooklyn, NY.

Originally, NYCHoops spoke with Lamb in June when he attended St. Johns Team Camp and asked him would he be returning to Bishop Loughlin or transferring to Oak Hill. Lamb originally denied the rumor and responded by saying, "No, I am not leaving my school, I will return to Bishop Loughlin, and I am not going to Oak Hill."

However, during AAU Nationals in Orlando, FL last week, Lamb was spotted wearing a shirt that read 'Oak Hill' so once again NYCHoops questioned the star sophomore about his plans.

In a telephone interview with Lamb today, when asked will he be leaving Bishop Loughlin, he finally confirmed exclusively to NYC Hoops saying, "Yes, I will attend Oak Hill Academy."

Lamb, one of the most highly recruited sophomores in the country, says he has received offers from Georgia Tech, Louisville, Rutgers, and Xavier. He also has interest from Connecticut, Seton Hall, St. Johns, and Syracuse.

"If u LOVE us that's GREAT... if u HATE us that's GREAT too... if ur in the middle... get the F*CK out!!" - Paul Stanley, KISS

« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2008, 07:13:28 PM »
http://proxy.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/basketball/mens/news/story?id=3646885

• Highly rated 2010 prospect, 6-5 2G Doron Lamb of Oak Hill Academy played in the second period like the Doron Lamb that was so impressive this past spring and summer. He did not scratch in the first period, but had 13 points helping Oak Hill build their lead in the second. Lamb displayed his athleticism, quick slashing abilities, and the versatility that has drawn the interest of many major colleges, including Connecticut, Wake Forest, Memphis, Virginia Tech, Duke, Georgia Tech, Louisville, Seton Hall, Syracuse, St. John's, Maryland, Marquette, et. al.

« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2008, 01:05:19 PM »
daily news says lamb was at the miami game talking with looie.

« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2008, 12:15:06 AM »
Yep.  Always a good sign...
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2008, 09:32:45 AM »
Fingers crossed, I hope we have a chance.  Lamb doesn't seem like he'll be a one-and-done.  I think folks have too many hopes pinned on Lance, who is a one man gang.  He's impressive, but one man for one year won't build a program or get this program back to respectability, no matter who the coach is.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2008, 09:34:06 AM by peter »

« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2008, 10:51:41 AM »
Fingers crossed, I hope we have a chance.  Lamb doesn't seem like he'll be a one-and-done.  I think folks have too many hopes pinned on Lance, who is a one man gang.  He's impressive, but one man for one year won't build a program or get this program back to respectability, no matter who the coach is.

Yes but we could have Lance and Lamb using the same scholarship.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Tha Kid

« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2008, 12:04:16 PM »
This would be great...but what leads anyone to believe we could land BOTH of these guys given the track record?  Lance is the key.  If Lance comes and does well other guys will want to come here even if Lance leaves, bc theyll see what kind of exposure he can get and how the fans turn out.  We need the first impact player though, and I feel like Lance is the best shot, if he doesnt pave the way, others won't come - at least under Norm.
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2008, 04:56:18 PM »
Do either of the two new members of our staff have a connection with Doron ?

« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2009, 12:06:11 AM »

Yes but we could have Lance and Lamb using the same scholarship.

If this is a question... The answer is yes. Because Lance will be a one and done. Which will then free up the scholarship for Lamb.

« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2009, 10:58:32 PM »
Do either of the two new members of our staff have a connection with Doron ?

Not sure, but I'll find out.  Doron played with the Gauchos AAU program, while Oz coached the Long Island Lightning and NY Panthers in the past while Kimani coached New Heights.
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2009, 11:06:14 PM »
I heard he's in no rush to decide.
He'll be playing with the Gauchos and tries to catch up with his ex-BL teammates on the road because he can't get service at Oak Hill.

« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2009, 11:34:59 PM »
I heard he's in no rush to decide.
He'll be playing with the Gauchos and tries to catch up with his ex-BL teammates on the road because he can't get service at Oak Hill.

Home sick?  Hopefully he comes home for his college years.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2009, 10:50:28 PM »
Do we have a chance at getting this dude?

*prays*