Norm on WFAN with Francesa at 1:25

• 9 replies
Norm on WFAN with Francesa at 1:25
« on: March 19, 2010, 12:41:45 PM »
STJ_Basketball

Coach Roberts will be on with Francesa at 1:25 p.m., A.D. Chris Monasch on at 4:15 p.m. Monasch was just on with

Re: Norm on WFAN with Francesa at 1:25
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2010, 01:42:08 PM »
Norm is bashing the pathetic crowds at games, and he said it was his biggest regret that we don't have a good fan base.

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2010, 01:43:35 PM »
He said a full crowd at CA adds 10 points to the teams performance.  I guess we are lucky we didn't play Seton Hall at MSG then, might have been a 20 point loss. ::)

boo3

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2010, 01:44:28 PM »
who cares what he says.  he's gone.  He's not necessarily wrong either. Of course, the poor performance on the court has something to do with the shitty fanbase.

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2010, 01:46:00 PM »
who cares what he says.  he's gone.  He's not necessarily wrong either. Of course, the poor performance on the court has something to do with the shitty fanbase.

Ya, I can't say I disagree with him.  He is a truly great guy and I feel bad that it didn't work out.  Oh well.

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2010, 02:06:58 PM »
He didn't bash the fans, he was stating the truth.  It sucks going to the garden and having the fans of the other team all over the place and that's been happening for too long now, before Norm.  In his interview he sounded like a guy who truly loved his kids and wanted nothing for the best for them.  I was shocked how well he handled it and quite frankly, I don't think many of us would have been that way.

TONYD3

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2010, 02:12:10 PM »
I heard him on the FAN. He didn't bash our home crowds. What he did is plead for more people to come support the team. He gave a good interview and made 0 excuses. He said he was treated not only fairly but very well by fans, media, and the school. He was not a great or even good coach he has been bashed enough. He said nothing in this interview he should be bashed for. He did his best in a job he may have not been ready for. He wasn't that successful here but their are not many people who would have been useful in our situation. Still I am happy we are starting new. Lets get the best coach available! 

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2010, 02:19:35 PM »
monasch on now.

Poison

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2010, 02:31:11 PM »
I heard him on the FAN. He didn't bash our home crowds. What he did is plead for more people to come support the team. He gave a good interview and made 0 excuses. He said he was treated not only fairly but very well by fans, media, and the school. He was not a great or even good coach he has been bashed enough. He said nothing in this interview he should be bashed for. He did his best in a job he may have not been ready for. He wasn't that successful here but their are not many people who would have been useful in our situation. Still I am happy we are starting new. Lets get the best coach available!

It's very simple. He did the best he could.

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2010, 02:33:31 PM »
hinted father harrington and louie c will not be as influential  and he (monasch) will call the shots. :D