Cross Pecora Off The List

• 22 replies
Cross Pecora Off The List
« on: March 23, 2010, 03:38:45 PM »
Jeff Goodman   goodmanonfox

Multiple sources told FOXSports.com that Hofstra's Tom Pecora is close to a done deal to leave for Fordham job.

Re: Cross Pecora Off The List
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2010, 03:41:52 PM »
Great!

sjd8886

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2010, 03:42:37 PM »
great for fordham...im an alum, and im very happy with this...this is a really big step for them...pecora with grasso is a very good staff for a school like fordham

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2010, 03:45:22 PM »
Let's see if he keeps Grasso.

Grasso should come to St. John's.

sjd8886

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2010, 03:47:26 PM »
i dont see why he wouldnt...grasso's reputation as a recruiter and up and coming coach has become widely known...grasso loves the school and the school and players love him back...would be great to have him on our staff but i dont think thats happening

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2010, 03:47:42 PM »
maybe Grasso to Hofstra or Siena

Poison

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2010, 03:47:49 PM »
great for fordham...im an alum, and im very happy with this...this is a really big step for them...pecora with grasso is a very good staff for a school like fordham

Good for him. I hope he turns the Rams into a player again. Perhaps then, more of the "experts" would give the guy a little credit.

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2010, 03:50:11 PM »
This is great news
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

sjd8886

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2010, 03:54:38 PM »

Good for him. I hope he turns the Rams into a player again. Perhaps then, more of the "experts" would give the guy a little credit.

me too...all i heard while at fordham was we were in the wrong conference but we were competitive to very competitive in many sports...it is true that in the MAAC we would be a top tier school and in the a-10 for the most part we are middle of the pack, but we are continuing to get better and improve our athletics...this is proof of that

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2010, 03:58:00 PM »
The news reporters give him lots of credit!  ;D  Hopefully having a championship in Atlantic City vs. Richmond helps him out...

In all seriousness, I do hope he makes the Rams into a player again as well.  And I hope he doesn't feel the need to insist on a new gym; I want to see Rose Hill rocking.  That place is great to see a game at.

boo3

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2010, 04:04:59 PM »
 One we saw the kind of money that St.John's was willing to spend, it was clear that Pecora wasn't in the cards. This was never a real threat from that point on.

Poison

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2010, 04:09:49 PM »
The news reporters give him lots of credit!  ;D  Hopefully having a championship in Atlantic City vs. Richmond helps him out...

In all seriousness, I do hope he makes the Rams into a player again as well.  And I hope he doesn't feel the need to insist on a new gym; I want to see Rose Hill rocking.  That place is great to see a game at.

Funny, I wasn't laughing after watching him run rings around us for 6 years.
If anything, great news would be Pecora to Iowa. Get him far away from us.

boo3

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2010, 04:11:37 PM »

LOL!   So true.

« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2010, 04:15:27 PM »
can someone tell me more about this grasso guy?
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2010, 04:16:40 PM »

Good for them.  Most teams ran rings around St. John's! 

I'd love a regular series with Fordham and with Hofstra.  Get some excitement going between the local schools.  And even better if they're not all in the Garden; I'd love to see St. John's beating the crap out of Fordham in Rose Hill. 

Poison

« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2010, 04:17:20 PM »

LOL!   So true.

I think of Tom Pecora like I think of Tim Wakefield.
I don't want him on my team, but I hate facing him.

« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2010, 04:47:43 PM »

« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2010, 04:59:26 PM »
Great news for us and great new for Pecora. A great hire for Fordham.

Cluess to Hofstra

sjd8886

« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2010, 05:01:20 PM »
how about cluess to st johns...as assistant to hewitt...pipedream, wont happen but hey, would be nice

« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2010, 05:08:49 PM »
Great news for us and great new for Pecora. A great hire for Fordham.

Cluess to Hofstra

Tim Welsh it Hofstra