Jayvaughn Pinkston - PF - Bishop Loughlin - Brooklyn, NY - VILLANOVA

• 284 replies
Re: Jayvaughn Pinkston - PF - Bishop Loughlin - Brooklyn, NY
« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2009, 06:09:51 PM »
Still waiting to connect with him. 

In other Pinkston news, he scored 32 points last night before fouling out in a loss to Molloy.
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2009, 05:59:32 PM »
http://www.nyhoops.com/new/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=545:pinkston-less-loughlin-able-to-comeback-and-down-cross&catid=34:nyhoops&Itemid=71

Bishop Loughlin traveled to Queens to take on Holy Cross on Tuesday and when the Lions walked onto the court, it was a surprise to see star Jayvaughn Pinkston not there. Pinkston is out indefinitely dealing with what Coach Rudy King says is “things to improve Jayvaughn as a person”

LJSA

« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2009, 12:20:15 AM »
All of which means he'll be playing for Lincoln next season.

« Reply #43 on: February 13, 2009, 12:31:06 AM »

or St Anthonys

« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2009, 01:12:02 PM »

or St Anthonys
My cousin says it's a punishment for academics.
Hopefully, our most realistic top recruit for 2010 will be able to meet the NCAA's bare minimum requirements. He's still got time.

pmg911

« Reply #45 on: February 18, 2009, 10:07:56 AM »

or St Anthonys
Hopefully, our most realistic top recruit for 2010 will be able to meet the NCAA's bare minimum requirements. He's still got time.

NCAA requirements arte no longer "bare minimum" It used to be 700 SAT score and you were in but its harder now and getting through the NCAA Clearing house is hard if you are an acdemic question mark.

« Reply #46 on: February 18, 2009, 07:18:04 PM »

or St Anthonys

NCAA requirements arte no longer "bare minimum" It used to be 700 SAT score and you were in but its harder now and getting through the NCAA Clearing house is hard if you are an acdemic question mark.
This is the current NCAA initial eligibilty sliding scale.

http://74.125.95.132/search?q=cache:tEO80Bn6yncJ:www.ubathletics.buffalo.edu/compliance/slidingscale.pdf+sat+sliding+scale&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=2&gl=us

You can now get a 400 SAT (total :o) if you have just a 3.55 in hs. On the other end of the spectrum, if you have a 2.7 in the 16 basic classes, you have to score a whopping 730 (total).

LJSA

« Reply #47 on: February 18, 2009, 11:47:03 PM »
Assuming we're his top choice, I actually think it would be best for us if he didn't make the grade. 2010 is a good year for local "big" men, and we don't have many openings. We could stash him in prep school for a year, and bring in someone like Collier first. Of course this is assuming we land either of them.

« Reply #48 on: April 14, 2009, 08:08:53 PM »
i dun think he'll be back at loughlin next year.

btw.  when asked of his college list he says he's wide open and said there's about 15 schools on his mind.  with what is gonna happen soon, we aren't in good shape.

pmg911

« Reply #49 on: April 15, 2009, 02:45:54 PM »

why do you think that...     where do you think he goes..?

« Reply #50 on: April 15, 2009, 02:52:24 PM »

why do you think that...     where do you think he goes..?

St Anthonys, which means Hurley wont send him to St Johns

« Reply #51 on: April 15, 2009, 04:23:06 PM »

btw.  when asked of his college list he says he's wide open and said there's about 15 schools on his mind.  with what is gonna happen soon, we aren't in good shape.

whats gonna happen soon?
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

LJSA

« Reply #52 on: April 15, 2009, 05:55:52 PM »
Hurley told Lamont Jones that St. Anthony's doesn't accept senior transfers, so I doubt Pinkston heads there. Maybe Hurley was lying, but somehow I doubt it.

I assume Loughlin would just boot Pinkston instead of holding him back a grade, so he probably can't even claim he'll still be a junior simply for transfer-to-St. Anthony's purposes.

Plus I think he's going to Lincoln anyway.

« Reply #53 on: April 16, 2009, 04:27:02 PM »

whats gonna happen soon?

http://www.stjohns.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=936430

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #54 on: April 16, 2009, 05:30:23 PM »
Interesting to see how this affects Jayvaughn's recruitment, with Kimani resigning.

« Reply #55 on: April 16, 2009, 11:37:19 PM »
we were JP's #1 choice, a virtual lock.  now we are in the middle of the race.

« Reply #56 on: April 16, 2009, 11:56:28 PM »

How are we middle of the pack now? What do you base this off of? Your own opinion?

I don't think the rapport we've built with Jayvaughn is suddenly lost. It's not like Kimani was fired or left on bad terms with St. John's.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #57 on: April 17, 2009, 12:10:12 AM »

How are we middle of the pack now? What do you base this off of? Your own opinion?

I don't think the rapport we've built with Jayvaughn is suddenly lost. It's not like Kimani was fired or left on bad terms with St. John's.

Lance to Maryland, sorry fellas. End of story ;D

« Reply #58 on: April 17, 2009, 12:13:16 AM »

everything i heard, from everybody -- not just one or two people, was pinkston was a LOCK to st john's.  honestly, if we got lance i was going to be pretty excited because with pinkston the next year, it would have been two top NYC players in a row.   

now, we're in the middle of the pack and competing against schools like louisville.   he couldn't even cut his list down to 10 schools this week.  he's wide open.  before we were his clear cut #1..

« Reply #59 on: April 17, 2009, 12:16:28 AM »

everything i heard, from everybody -- not just one or two people, was pinkston was a LOCK to st john's.  honestly, if we got lance i was going to be pretty excited because with pinkston the next year, it would have been two top NYC players in a row.   

now, we're in the middle of the pack and competing against schools like louisville.   he couldn't even cut his list down to 10 schools this week.  he's wide open.  before we were his clear cut #1..

What took so long to post this scoop? Or did I miss it somewhere?