LAVIN A DONE DEAL!!!!!

• 70 replies
Re: LAVIN A DONE DEAL!!!!!
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2010, 11:27:21 PM »
i dont get some of you people..that youre not sold on him...who do you want?

who in this thread said they weren't sold on him?

The fact that he has been out of the coaching ranks for more then 5 years concerns me....His lack of ties to this area also a concern depending on the staff he brings in. I did not say it was not a good hire....i am allowed to have concerns....that's the nature of this website people expressing opinions. As for me...I wanted Tubby Smith but them's the breaks. By the way who ever STJ brings in I am behind them 100% regardless of any concerns because I want the School and the kids to be successful....end of story

ok good points but if your not sold on him who would you be at peace with?

« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2010, 11:28:11 PM »
salary has to be 1.5 - 2 mil IMO

« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2010, 11:28:50 PM »

The fact that he has been out of the coaching ranks for more then 5 years concerns me....His lack of ties to this area also a concern depending on the staff he brings in. I did not say it was not a good hire....i am allowed to have concerns....that's the nature of this website people expressing opinions. As for me...I wanted Tubby Smith but them's the breaks. By the way who ever STJ brings in I am behind them 100% regardless of any concerns because I want the School and the kids to be successful....end of story

You are certainly welcome to voice your opinions and concerns.....its a forum! If we all agreed life would be boring. If you are concerned about Steve Lavin's lack of ties let me ask you what kind of ties would Tubby Smith bring in then?
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2010, 11:29:47 PM »

He just said Tubby Smith....

« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2010, 11:31:00 PM »

I wanted Tubby Smith but like I said Dems the breaks.

« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2010, 11:31:09 PM »
what do you think his salary would be...if you had to ballpark it

I'll play price is right with you.

$1 bob.

Lets stray from this no need to create buzz about how much he should or shouldn't get. I'm pretty confident we're all going to be happy about it.  ;)

« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2010, 11:32:02 PM »

alright 1. i was asking him 2. in a realistic world 3. i stopped reading after 2nd sentence haha

« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2010, 11:32:17 PM »
3 more users on at one time and we break the record for most users on at once! Do it!

« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2010, 11:32:57 PM »

Mikey!!!!! Let's go to Parson's Ale House tomorrow night to celebrate!!!!!

« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2010, 11:36:27 PM »
what do you think his salary would be...if you had to ballpark it

I'll play price is right with you.

$1 bob.

Lets stray from this no need to create buzz about how much he should or shouldn't get. I'm pretty confident we're all going to be happy about it.  ;)

This additional St. John's info you have has been eating at me Dave haha.  I'm also interested in you unveiling why we owe Greg Anthony a thank you.

« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2010, 11:37:50 PM »
First time poster, great work guys, lets get it done!!!

« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2010, 11:38:15 PM »

Mikey!!!!! Let's go to Parson's Ale House tomorrow night to celebrate!!!!!

ill be joining you guys. hit me up bill...

...in other news, lavin's wife's imdb page is up 39% in hits this week. probably because of this site. haha

« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2010, 11:38:56 PM »
i am manbearpig and i approve of this hire!!!!!!!!

SJU79

« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2010, 11:40:52 PM »
Dave - love the site but things around my way have been quite, and ive never been one to post  just to talk. Can tell you (but you prob already know)  that word is Lavin aint messing around. He will have his staff but together and some sick names floating around(some here have been accurate, some not even close). The real appeal to him was not the returning Sr's ( although he has told people they have some real talent) but the 9 avail ships for him and the blank canvas.

« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2010, 11:46:13 PM »
any rumors about the staff floating around now too?

« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2010, 11:48:35 PM »
Great news!! good job by Monasch....Excited for next year already

sjd8886

« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2010, 11:49:39 PM »
i hope we get a dream team staff on top of lavin...so i could go to everyone who i fought with for the past 4 years about no one wanting to coach here, and no one caring, and rub it in their faces...dead program? dead for life? cant wait to tell all the st johns haters to f off :):):):):)

« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2010, 11:50:22 PM »

It's def going to be tough going to sleep,  I am so excited though.

SJU79, first of all thanks for the scoop.  Secondly, is it fair to say the boston globe writer knows what he is talking about especially regarding the assts?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 11:51:58 PM by B-Squared »

« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2010, 11:52:00 PM »
Great news!! good job by Monasch....Excited for next year already

Kev!!!! Come to parsons ale house tomorrow night with me and brendan to celebrate!!!!

« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2010, 11:53:11 PM »
Very exciting. I don't even know Lavin that well but i'm happy to finally have a coach and hopefully his staff is as great as the rumors said it was gonna be.

He's the kind of guy that will put those available ships to great use right? I don't know if that article I read was accurate but it said he got pretty much whoever he wanted but sometimes his evaluation skills were shakey. Hopefully that improved over the years and his experienced staff will guide him through the process.