• 70 replies
Re: LAVIN A DONE DEAL!!!!!
« Reply #60 on: March 30, 2010, 02:18:54 AM »
its nice to see lavin have faith in this program and see the potential here

thetruth8734

• SJU Alum
« Reply #61 on: March 30, 2010, 03:10:54 AM »
You think St. John's will be able to get any West Coast recruits now that they hired an LA guy as coach.

xhoops

« Reply #62 on: March 30, 2010, 08:21:56 AM »
You think St. John's will be able to get any West Coast recruits now that they hired an LA guy as coach.
I live in California........to get a kid to play in the nations top basketball conference.......and to play on the top basketball court for both college and NBA.....and the recruiter is LAVIN who is fantastic at recruiting and has 7 guys in the NBA in 6 years..........YES !!!

« Reply #63 on: March 30, 2010, 09:03:06 AM »

I hear Lavin is still well, liked by the AAU guys out on the "Left Coast."  So, I'll say we'll probably have a shot with some west coast kids.

Aces

« Reply #64 on: March 30, 2010, 10:53:26 AM »
Lavin did okay in UCLA

« Reply #65 on: March 30, 2010, 11:20:01 AM »
I haven't posted in a while, been busy at work, but I am ESTATIC!! I'm very happy to be a Johnnies fan today, as the school finally got it's collective head out of it's rear end, and made the right decision! Dave, When you started the site, things were bleak, and SJU hoops wasn't a second thought. With this team (Hopefully) coming in, there is gonna be a HUGE buzz! We have awoken a sleeping giant! Syacuse as NY's team?! PUHLEASE!!! Congrats on the great site Dave, keep up the great work, and more success to you and the program!

« Reply #66 on: March 30, 2010, 11:57:57 AM »
Presser at MSG tonight?

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/ncb/news/story?id=5039956

St. John's officials were hoping to introduce Lavin as their new coach on Tuesday night at Madison Square Garden, site of the National Invitation Tournament semifinals.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #67 on: March 30, 2010, 12:06:25 PM »
Presser at MSG tonight?

St. John's officials were hoping to introduce Lavin as their new coach on Tuesday night at Madison Square Garden, site of the National Invitation Tournament semifinals.
jj - what you write above wasn't said on the link - from whence did it come?

« Reply #68 on: March 30, 2010, 12:07:23 PM »
Presser at MSG tonight?

jj - what you write above wasn't said on the link - from whence did it come?

Read again its there
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #69 on: March 30, 2010, 12:08:08 PM »
It's in there just farther down in the middle of one of the paragraphs(6th from the bottom)
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

JC

« Reply #70 on: March 30, 2010, 12:32:03 PM »
Long time lurker - first time poster.  This is an absolute homerun in my opinion. It makes St. John's relevant again in the tri-state area and nationally for the first time since the late 90s and early part of the new millenium.  For all those who say this is dead end job, remember that it is only a decade since the wars against the likes of Ohio St. and Duke were some of the premier non-conference games on CBS's schedule and we were a top tier BE program.  Lavin plus even one or two of the assistants named gets us right back to that position.  This is an exciting day for the program.  (Assuming this gets done of course).