Justin Crosgile - PG - De Paul Catholic HS - Wayne, NJ - ST. JOSEPH'S

• 16 replies
http://njmg.typepad.com/zagsblog/2008/01/st-johns-offers.html

St. John's became the latest school to offer a scholarship to Justin Crosgile, a 5-11, 165-pound point guard from Wayne (N.J.) DePaul Catholic.

A tremendous defensive player as well as shooter, Crosgile already owns offers from Rutgers, St. Joseph and Houston, and has interest from Seton Hall, Michigan and Notre Dame.

He's averaging 20.6 points, six assists and five steals for the defending Passaic County champion Spartans, who open tournament play Saturday against Lakeland.  Last year he poured in 32 against Seton Hall-bound PG Jordan Theodore and Paterson Catholic in the county semis, and then he added 24 with four 3-pointers in the final against Wayne Valley. Crosgile recently had 27 points, six rebounds and five steals in a win over Passaic Tech, which you can read about here.

Crosgile said St. John's assistant Chris Casey called him Tuesday night to make the offer.

"He's real cool," Crosgile said. "He's telling me their team is really young. They're doing alright, not too good this year. But they have a young team. He's just saying if he had a guy like me to come there, it would be a great step up in scoring."

Check back here Friday for an in-depth feature on Crosgile that will appear in that day's editions of the paper.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 08:41:11 PM by kjd01067 »
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Re: Justin Crosgile
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2008, 10:37:35 PM »
can we just sign someone? anyone please? this program needs something
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Randomhero423

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2008, 10:40:27 PM »
let's save the schollie for the new coach.

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2008, 10:44:00 PM »
we can't just go out and sign anyone thats the last thing this program needs is another anyone aka Tomas for the next 4 years. It seems St. John's is being very loose with their ships right now

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2008, 10:57:43 PM »
we can't just go out and sign anyone thats the last thing this program needs is another anyone aka Tomas for the next 4 years. It seems St. John's is being very loose with their ships right now

jj, i feel you here but you CANNOT have one PG (malik boothe) for next year.  he has to go out and get a PG. i dont know how good this kid is because i havent seen him play but he has some decent offers. i still think dwan mcmillan would be the best bet of the guys ive seen, though.
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

mkras99

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2008, 11:06:58 PM »

jj, i feel you here but you CANNOT have one PG (malik boothe) for next year.  he has to go out and get a PG. i dont know how good this kid is because i havent seen him play but he has some decent offers. i still think dwan mcmillan would be the best bet of the guys ive seen, though.

Well, he's a junior right now (2009), so he's not helping you next year anyway.

Poison

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2008, 11:08:26 PM »
http://njmg.typepad.com/zagsblog/2008/01/st-johns-offers.html

St. John's became the latest school to offer a scholarship to Justin Crosgile, a 5-11, 165-pound point guard from Wayne (N.J.) DePaul Catholic.

A tremendous defensive player as well as shooter, Crosgile already owns offers from Rutgers, St. Joseph and Houston, and has interest from Seton Hall, Michigan and Notre Dame.

He's averaging 20.6 points, six assists and five steals for the defending Passaic County champion Spartans, who open tournament play Saturday against Lakeland.  Last year he poured in 32 against Seton Hall-bound PG Jordan Theodore and Paterson Catholic in the county semis, and then he added 24 with four 3-pointers in the final against Wayne Valley. Crosgile recently had 27 points, six rebounds and five steals in a win over Passaic Tech, which you can read about here.

Crosgile said St. John's assistant Chris Casey called him Tuesday night to make the offer.

"He's real cool," Crosgile said. "He's telling me their team is really young. They're doing alright, not too good this year. But they have a young team. He's just saying if he had a guy like me to come there, it would be a great step up in scoring."

Check back here Friday for an in-depth feature on Crosgile that will appear in that day's editions of the paper.

Um, Chris Casey called to make the offer? I find that very telling.

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2008, 11:16:40 PM »
didn't realize he was 2009 and i moved the topic

kjd01067

Re: Justin Crosgile - PG - De Paul Catholic HS - Wayne, NJ
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2008, 08:40:46 PM »
http://blog.zagsblog.net/

Crosgile to St. Joseph's

CrosgileJustin Crosgile, a 5-foot-11, 170-pound combo guard from Wayne (NJ) DePaul Catholic, has made his choice.

He has committed to St. Joseph's.

"I like St.Joe's," Crosgile, a native of Paterson, said Wednesday night. "It's not too far from home. It's a small school. They have been pursuing me. They showed me a lot of interest. My brother (Marcus) is going there."

Crosgile also held offers from St. John's, Seton Hall, Rutgers and Houston and had interest from Western Kentucky, Indiana, Ohio State, Davidson,Virginia, Miami and Notre Dame.

"I'll bring a lot of energy and defense," he said. "I think I could play a big part at the guard-oriented school. I think I'll fit perfectly into that school."

A two-time Herald News All-Area selection, Crosgile averaged 20 points, six rebounds and six assists for a Spartans team that reached the Passaic County quarterfinals before falling to Paterson Eastside and lost to Seton Hall Prep in the North Non-Public A tournament. He now has 1,340 career points.

He is a speedy guard with a knack for making steals at opportune times. At least twice this past season Crosgile made critical steals late in games to help DePaul win games. He is also a very strong shooter from outside, and is capable of taking over a game from beyond the arc. A tough and proven winner, he led his team to the Passaic county championship as a sophomore.

"I think that St. Joe's really came on strong after Justin," DePaul coach Bart Fazio said. "He and Coach (Phil) Martelli and assistant David Duda really hit it off. They're looking for someone to come right and take over the point guard position his freshman year."

As for his senior year at DePaul, Crosgile said he wants to get the Spartans back into contention in the Passaic County and Non-Public A tournaments.

"I just want to keep working on my game, get better, get my teammates involved so I won't have to feel pressure about picking a school," he said.

Crosgile is the latest Jersey junior to commit to Coach Martelli's program.

St. Joe's landed a commitment from 6-8 junior forward Carl Baptiste of North Hunterdon High earlier this season and has also offered David Bruce, a 6-8 junior forward from Linden.

Bruce, who averaged 16 points, 10 rebounds and two blocks, also holds offers St. John's, Seton Hall, Rutgers, La Salle and Houston, and has interest from  Villanova, Miami and Missouri.

oldred10

• Ya Gotta Believe!!!
Re: Justin Crosgile - PG - De Paul Catholic HS - Wayne, NJ - ST. JOSEPH'S
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2008, 12:49:44 AM »

Crosgile to St. Joseph's

thank god

Contrary to popular belief. We never offered this kid. This was also confirmed by redmennorth on redmen.com.

"If u LOVE us that's GREAT... if u HATE us that's GREAT too... if ur in the middle... get the F*CK out!!" - Paul Stanley, KISS

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2008, 01:18:07 AM »

Crosgile to St. Joseph's

thank god

Contrary to popular belief. We never offered this kid. This was also confirmed by redmennorth on redmen.com.

Maybe this is why he didn't know who Norm Roberts was haha.

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2008, 02:27:09 PM »

Crosgile to St. Joseph's

thank god

Kids exaggerate their offers, but I'll take Zagoria's investigative background over that of "redmennorth."

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2008, 09:21:42 PM »

Crosgile to St. Joseph's

thank god

Kids exaggerate their offers, but I'll take Zagoria's investigative background over that of "redmennorth."

You certainly are entitled to your pinion though you are dear wrong.
Did they watch the kid yes, did they offer no.

oldred10

• Ya Gotta Believe!!!
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2008, 09:44:49 PM »

Crosgile to St. Joseph's

thank god

When it comes to RU & SHU i'll go with Zags... when it comes to SJU i'll go with "red"..  ;) .. peace!!

"If u LOVE us that's GREAT... if u HATE us that's GREAT too... if ur in the middle... get the F*CK out!!" - Paul Stanley, KISS

pmg911

« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2008, 08:43:30 PM »

Crosgile to St. Joseph's

thank god

When it comes to RU & SHU i'll go with Zags... when it comes to SJU i'll go with "red"..  ;) .. peace!!

Crosgile to St. Joseph's

thank god

Would that be Old Red10..   Old Red 77. . Old Red 88. .  Redmen55 or Red Ghost..?

« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2008, 02:05:07 AM »

Crosgile to St. Joseph's

thank god

Crosgile to St. Joseph's

thank god

Would that be Old Red10..   Old Red 77. . Old Red 88. .  Redmen55 or Red Ghost..?