Mike Perez Commits

• 71 replies
Mike Perez Commits
« on: July 13, 2010, 06:37:55 PM »
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 07:23:30 PM by Dave »

Poison

Re: Mike Perez Commits
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2010, 07:12:26 PM »
Another shooting guard? There must be some mistake.

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2010, 07:12:46 PM »
Ok this most likely confirms what I was hearing 2 days ago that Remi won't qualify for 2010. There is a lot of issues involving his schooling in France. Shame because I also hear he's seriously the real deal.

As for Mike Perez, don't know much about him except he plays with Jahii Carson who is highly touted 2011 player. Is this a package deal move? I hope we didn't use the scholarship for the sake of using the scholarship. AZ isn't exactly a basketball powerhouse state.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Poison

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2010, 07:15:25 PM »
AZ isn't exactly a basketball powerhouse state.

That's true Dave, but neither is NY :)

Moose

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2010, 07:18:17 PM »
Sleeveless,

What do you know about him, if anything?
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2010, 07:20:13 PM »
AZ isn't exactly a basketball powerhouse state.

That's true Dave, but neither is NY :)

Seriously you don't see the Pac-10 dipping into AZ too  much to recruit.

Moose

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2010, 07:32:32 PM »
Ok this most likely confirms what I was hearing 2 days ago that Remi won't qualify for 2010. There is a lot of issues involving his schooling in France. Shame because I also hear he's seriously the real deal.

As for Mike Perez, don't know much about him except he plays with Jahii Carson who is highly touted 2011 player. Is this a package deal move? I hope we didn't use the scholarship for the sake of using the scholarship. AZ isn't exactly a basketball powerhouse state.

How quickly things change.  On 7/8 you were very confident in Remi coming.

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2010, 07:33:55 PM »

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2010, 07:34:22 PM »

How quickly things change.  On 7/8 you were very confident in Remi coming.

I didn't say he wasn't coming ;)

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2010, 07:35:57 PM »

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2010, 07:36:41 PM »
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 07:39:19 PM by Dave »

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2010, 07:41:12 PM »
also:
http://arizonapreps.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1067020

The talent at the SWS Senior Showcase was unreal. The top unsigned seniors converged at Gilbert Mesquite High School on March 21st to display their talents in front of 13 college coaches. Coaches from Arizona JUCOs as well as a couple of four-year colleges were in attendance.

....Leading the pack was our Showcase MVP Michael Perez from Tucson Pueblo High School. Perez not only possesses a complete game, he has very good athleticism as well. At 6'3'', Perez put on a high flying act that many of us in attendance had not see him do before....

Michael Perez - solid shooting, ball handing and playing-making ability in the both games we witnessed. He reminds many of former Dobson High star Mickey McConnell. This was the first time many in Phoenix got a chance to see Perez play, and they were not disappointed.

« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2010, 07:42:34 PM »
Now if somehow Remi does qualify and is eligible next year someone else is for certain getting pushed out. (Quincy or Stith)

« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2010, 07:47:04 PM »
A few questions I need to find the answers to....

How good was his highschool league?

Is he quick enough to play in the Big East?

Why were no other big time schools after him?

Is his handle good enough to play PG in college?

And will he rock the mustache in college?

« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2010, 07:48:18 PM »
Sleeveless,

I only know that he was connected to Lavin's buddy, Dinos Trigonis, and  Etop Udo-Ema, who is Dinos' right hand man and founder of Compton Magic (if Dave wants his number or e-mail, I can get it). Implicitly or otherwise, this may well be a deal to get access to other players. I called someone who saw him in May at the Elite 8 and he said he thought frankly Perez was a low to mid DI player, but would be eligible immediately. Compton had six to seven better players. Despite Dinos' connections to Clark Francis, he didn't even make HoopScoop's top 500 seniors.

Moose

« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2010, 07:52:47 PM »
Sleeveless,

I only know that he was connected to Lavin's buddy, Dinos Trigonis, and  Etop Udo-Ema, who is Dinos' right hand man and founder of Compton Magic (if Dave wants his number or e-mail, I can get it). Implicitly or otherwise, this may well be a deal to get access to other players. I called someone who saw him in May at the Elite 8 and he said he thought frankly Perez was a low to mid DI player, but would be eligible immediately. Compton had six to seven better players. Despite Dinos' connections to Clark Francis, he didn't even make HoopScoop's top 500 seniors.

Eeek

« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2010, 08:06:22 PM »
Sleeveless,

Eeek
I just hope we get a really good player to make it worthwhile.
Isaiah Austin's dad doesn't need the money, but he'd be a top 5-10 caliber player in the 2012. Whether he develops into an NBA player or not, Jahii Carson is a legit top 100 player in the 2011 class and would be our best point since EI-not that it is a high level to reach. I'd like to know how strong Arizona feels they are with Nick Johnson vs. Carson.

mkras99

« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2010, 08:14:48 PM »
Sounds like a Norm Roberts-type recruit (Ty Edmondson part II, anyone?)