Quincy Roberts

• 51 replies
Re: Quincy Roberts
« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2010, 02:02:03 PM »
a world in which rivers of Johnny Walker Black flow down cocaine mountains

More great imagery in the Hunter Thompson meets Alice in Wonderland vein.  You're rolling Doc!

sjd8886

« Reply #41 on: October 19, 2010, 04:04:02 PM »
You guys are funny. Not funny ha ha, funny can't read.

"Ideally [quincy] he'd play point - ideally meaning he'd have the skills to play point, not that they just stick him there, because with his size he'd be something. He wasn't awful at the point two years ago - he wasn't good either - but that was as a frosh on an awful team. If he could handle it I'd give him minutes over Stith."

Allow me to parse this for the illiterates in the audience.

It begins with a hypothetical statement. It says that in an ideal world - a world in which rivers of Johnny Walker Black flow down cocaine mountains - Quincy Roberts "would have the skills" of a point guard. Note the conditional "would." In the ideal world he would have such skills, which skills he does not now have.

It goes on to say that two years ago, as a freshman playing out of position, QR "was not good" although he was not "awful," a word meaning "atrocious; exceptionally bad; abominable."  This is I suppose a matter of opinion - whether his play was somewhat better than awful and rose to the level of "not good. A debatable point, although I notice no one debates it - debate requires the application of fact to logic, both of which are in short supply here. Anyway, if he was in fact "atrocious" he was still better than some - examples supplied: Tyshwan Edmunson and David Cain - and so I leave it to you philologists to discover new words for players like those two who were quantums worse than those you deem appalling and atrocious.

And then finally "if he could handle it" - if he did possess the skills - I would give him Malik Stith's minutes, because last year Stith impressed me not at all.

Instead of this paragraph, you imagine a different one, which postulates that QR is a point guard, that he has the skills of a a point guard, and that he should be the point guard, which imaginary points you then refute using brilliant rhetoric such as "Nuh uh" and "is not."

Which don't get me wrong is all quite fascinating. But in the meanwhile my suggestion: Instead of all the braying you do you all should learn to read, and then to comprehend what you have read, and then after that to think about it critically. Only then should you move on to typing, which is the least important bit of the whole process of communication.  I realize that many of you are not interested in communication, preferring instead merely the sound of your own voice. To those I say: Nuh uh.

you said he wasnt awful playing pg...i think what everyone is trying to say is, he was awful...most of us feel that more turnovers than assists is a good indicator that someone should not be getting minutes at pg...if you feel differently, cool...no one here needs a 4 page amendment to your post or definitions of words, just a coherent post from you will do...for everyone else on the board who may be confused by foads post, let me clarify...he believes, 54 assists to 51 to's = "bad numbers"...36 assists to 51 to's  = "wasnt awful"...so hes trying to put a positive spin on saying the word bad, but he means bad, Q's numbers at point were bad...and you dont put a person with bad numbers at point, at the point...foad also has a line of reasoning that even though he was on "perhaps the worst SJ team ever" he "clearly he could dribble a little bit since he was playing the point in the BE."   unfortunately having a job does not mean that you are qualified to have it or possess the required skills to perform the functions of that job...its funny that with all the lawyers on this board more of them havent ripped apart your posts...i think they just dont want to be bothered 

Foad

« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2010, 04:27:16 PM »
you said he wa--

Since I know what I said, having just said it, I've taken the liberty of hosing your post. Rest assured that if in the future I need somone to interpret my prose you can drop throw your resume in the trash, as I don't hire illiterates, except broads with really nice funbags and I doubt you qualify.

I know you're still smarting from the spanking I gave you a couple of months ago, seeing me in your dreams and wetting yourself and so on. Bit of advice: forget about it, probably everyone else has. In the meanwhile, try and refrain from begging for help from "all the lawyers." It frankly makes you sound like a bit of a big girl's blouse. 

PS It's called whitespace

Poison

« Reply #43 on: October 19, 2010, 04:42:29 PM »
Foad, did you ever actually see David Cain play?

« Reply #44 on: October 19, 2010, 05:03:33 PM »

Just to be clear David Cain's Senior year is on par with Jackson's two years, Barkley's two years and Boo's senior year as far as best seasons by a SJU point guard. Prior to his senior season Cain stunk. I would get mad (as would every other SJU fan no matter what they say as part of some revisionist history) every time he replaced Buchanon or Harvey. To put things in perspective, it would be far less shocking for Arnold to pull off a 1st team all BE season this season then it was for Cain way back when.
BTW Cain had the ugliest jumper in the history of basketball. But HE WAS GREAT that last season and managed to win Mahoney BE coach of the year. NO small feat.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 05:07:18 PM by we are sju »

Foad

« Reply #45 on: October 19, 2010, 05:51:33 PM »

You have an unfortunate habit of asking cryptic questions that you think are clever but aren't. It would be much simpler if you just made whatever point you might think you have to make.

That said, yes, I saw David Cain play. (If you'd like to carbon date me as a tad I saw Frank Alagia play.) But evidently I saw Cain play for all 4 years and remember all 4, as opposed to you, who remembers the good one. As SJU points out Cain was lousy for three years and great for one.

As a junior - playing with Malik Sealy and Shawnelle Scott - Cain averaged 3 points / 1 rebound / 31 assists / 26 TOs. Enjoy some questions: Did you see him play that year? Would you take say that's a better than a freshman playing out of position - with Tomas Jasilionustein and a crippled Rob Thomas - who managed 5 points / 3 rebounds / 36 assists / 51 TOs? Would it matter if 20 of those TOs came in a 5 game stretch - 8 in one game - at the beginning of BE play when he became PG by default after Boothe got hurt? Discuss.

Poison

« Reply #46 on: October 19, 2010, 06:02:46 PM »
You compared Quincy Roberts to David Cain. Say no more.

sjd8886

« Reply #47 on: October 19, 2010, 07:28:44 PM »
those were direct quotes from you in my post...im sorry if your own posts make you angry :(

Foad

« Reply #48 on: October 20, 2010, 07:39:07 AM »
You compared Quincy Roberts to David Cain. Say no more.

You know, it'd be one thing if you were confused by nuance or subtlety. But you're confused by

Foad

« Reply #49 on: October 20, 2010, 07:40:27 AM »
those were direct quotes from you in my post...im sorry if your own posts make you angry :(

I'm not angry, I'm typing. The only emotion you might have detected was boredom, because Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Poison

« Reply #50 on: October 20, 2010, 08:00:38 AM »
Yea, we're boring you, and we're all stupid because of it. You must be very bored yourself.

You were old enough to watch Frank Alagia play. You must be one special guy to be 50, and act like a 10 year old.

You're wrong. Sit down, and shut up.

End of thread.

Foad

« Reply #51 on: October 20, 2010, 10:25:22 AM »
we're all stupid

If you intended that as a royal we then that's the first thing you've been right about in this entire thread.

You're wrong. Sit down, and shut up.

"I'm right because shut up." That's quite compelling. You must be exhausted, best go have a lie down. 

End of thread.

Wrong again.