According to the Chicago Tribune

kjd01067

Re: Brey and Hansbrough named Coach and Player of the Year
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2011, 06:06:11 PM »
Bullshit

boo3

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2011, 06:21:53 PM »
  i have more of an issue with Brey than Hansbrough. 

Nick K

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2011, 06:23:15 PM »
I was expecting Hansbrough to win player of the year.

I had really high hopes for Lavin, understand Notre Dame had a good year but we would probably have been already knocked out of the Tournament if Norm was still coaching.

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2011, 06:53:15 PM »
that's disappointing, thought Hardy at the very least would share the award with Ben. and we all know Lavin deserves it, but was unlikely to get the respect. but that's ok, just another chip on our shoulder. Brey and Hansborough can take the individual hardware, they will have plenty of time to look at it when they get knocked out of the dance on the first weekend..

Poison

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2011, 07:26:43 PM »
They really penalized Hardy for Seton Hall.
Lavin was robbed. No doubt about that one.

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2011, 07:50:43 PM »
Brey and Hansborough can take the individual hardware, they will have plenty of time to look at it when they get knocked out of the dance on the first weekend..

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2011, 08:57:13 PM »
I think both are deserved. Afterall, Notre Dame was 25-5 and finished  2nd in the Big East. In the preseason polls, they were picked to finish  behind us.

Wods317

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2011, 10:31:44 PM »
I would love it if Hardy and Lavin won but I think you can't complain about Brey or Hansbrough winning these awards. Hansbrough really took it to another level this year and really carried ND at times. Hansbrough is a very good player and a good leader for that team that did way better this year than anyone expected them to. As far a COY I thought it should be Lavin but ND was picked in the middle of the BE preseason and they ended up second with a shot at a #1 seed in the NCAAs. Lavin and Hardy could have easily won but I don't see anything wrong wit the choice of Brey and Hansbrough.

Poison

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2011, 11:40:57 PM »
Notre Dame is always a good team. We are always a bad team. Anyone that voted that forgot that hasn't been paying attention. What's happened in recent years should reflect this COY vote. What Lavin has accomplished is worthy of National Coach of the Year. What Brey has accomplished is worthy of a hand shake.

redslope

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2011, 12:18:24 AM »
call me predujuice but I also disagree with the choices.  To say that Lavin had all seniors and so he should have had it easier.  Look at ND's last game and guess what--they start all seniors (oops 4 seniors and a grad student) and these 5 have played all year.  Yes Brey has a better record but in league he had a 4 win turnaround which is nice but last year they did not have a full time healthy Harangoty so this ND team is not so different while Steve took a team that only won 6 and improved 6 wins.  in addition, he did NOT know his players having observed them playing for him the prior year. 

But you say overall Brey has won 5 more games for the season versus Steve and that is true--he has beaten such powerhouses as Liberty, Ga Southern, Maine, Stony Brook, Chicago State and Indiana State at Home.  why he even beat Maryland (oops-Baltimore County).

Dwight just needed to shoot more like Hans; also he needed more minutes per game.  In one of there blowouts versus DePaul guess who played 39 minutes and who played 31 minutes.  do you think Brey was forcing it for his player at the expense of an over matched opponent?

sorry for being verbose but as I stated up front I am predudiced and pissed off

Tha Kid

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2011, 07:45:54 AM »
Look i think we should have gotten one of these, but they are not unreasonable.   Hansbrough was the only unanimous first team selection....he carried his team and hae 30 and 10 assists in that game the final week. 

As for brey, yeah, they got 2nd in the be, they may be a #1 seed!  This is unchartered territory for redent nd teams, and after losing harangody, no one was expecting this.  Everyone was waiting dor the other shoe to drop w them, just like they were with us.  What is disappointing is if we had beaten seton hall and gotten the double bye, maybe lavin gets it.  Maybe not.  Oh well.   Lacin could still win national coaxh of the year. 
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2011, 05:01:42 PM »
both bs